Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jesus. Strolling down nostalgia lane is great sometimes but ... I wish I'd not bothered trying Medievil out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jesus. Strolling down nostalgia lane is great sometimes but ... I wish I'd not bothered trying Medievil out again.

Sometimes fond memories should be left as just that memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Haha, double tapping the d-pad to run just wasnt fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demo is up now on PSN+ and Steam for PC.

Any thoughts on it? I gotta wait till thursday with the rest of the poor people!

Downloading it at the moment so ill let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PSN+ = The family

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/13/exclusive-extras-for-playstation-plus-members/

You get to pay for a 14 year old game 2 weeks before anyone else! they're really spoiling us this week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ShaneU wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/13/exclusive-extras-for-playstation-plus-members/

You get to pay for a 14 year old game 2 weeks before anyone else! they're really spoiling us this week :rolleyes:
    And a tenner to boot. Jesus, even look at the comments section, people are lapping this **** up...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

gizmo wrote: »
    And a tenner to boot. Jesus, even look at the comments section, people are lapping this **** up...:(

Nobody's forcing you to pay for this service.

That_Guy wrote: »

No but this is their response to people complaining that the US has gotten twice as much content compared to us and they pay only 38 euro a year.

So to make up for getting half the content for a larger cost we can buy a 10 year old game for a tenner 2 weeks before anyone else :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

I loved playing through Medievil. Loved it so much, Im just after finding my copy of medievil 2 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I don't understand.. are PSN+ members expected to pay for the privilege of paying for Tomb Raider early or something?

A tenner is a rip off for this. None of the PS1 games should be more than a fiver in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

No, but I don't call being given the ability to pay over the odds for something two weeks early a worthy reward for paying the PSN+ sub in the first place.

Read this over on the PS blog:
    The MAG beta has nothing to do with Plus, but you have some Beta access coming to you in the future.

I wonder if the first Metal Gear solid game will be released on PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Next month aint looking too shabby. Anyone broken even yet?

''Here’s the list of great content that is available to Plus members from September 1st – October 5th

PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
    minis: Vector Tower Defense, Echoes
    PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    Full Game Trial: Warhawk (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Inferno Pool
    Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%, Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%, Warhawk – 50%, Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
    DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme, Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
    Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar, Eye Pet DJ Avatar

And here is what you can expect to see from the 6th October – 2nd November

PSN: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
    minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports
    PSOne Classic: Syphon Filter
    Full Game Trial: Gravity Crash (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Hustle Kings (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
    Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn (inc. free exclusive Home item for Plus members who buy)
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive Move ‘Start the Party’ theme, Exclusive ‘Halloween’ theme
    Premium avatars: Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avavtars, SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars''

Already have it :( Afraid to see what syphon filter looks like now.

Havent even come close to breaking even yet, I have played 1 mini game from the whole list of free titles. I either have every thing else or dont want it.

Havent even come close to breaking even yet, I have played 1 mini game from the whole list of free titles. I either have every thing else or dont want it.

I have broken even at this stage, sucks you haven't but as you said some of that is taste give the games a second chance and have a go. I haven't given much time to the games to be honest, been finishing all the retail games from released during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I already have SF2 HD Remix but I am interested to see what Sam & Max is like.

• Advertisement

why hasn't it updated yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ShaneU wrote: »
    why hasn't it updated yet?

I always thought it updated on thursday?

No it's Wednesday now, the normal store has updated but not PS+

Very much liking this month and next month's line up. May warrant a purchase.

Syphon Filter/Abe's Oddysey are intriguing.

Very much liking this month and next month's line up. May warrant a purchase.

Syphon Filter/Abe's Oddysey are intriguing.

There is a new game instead of LBP when you get a year sub now, it's Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Never gonna break even on this racket ! Content just isn't good enough

Varik wrote: »
    There is a new game instead of LBP when you get a year sub now, it's Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty.

That doesn't bother me really. I'm not really into LBP personally so it doesn't bother me at all.

That doesn't bother me really. I'm not really into LBP personally so it doesn't bother me at all.

It wasn't meant to, i just wanted to tell people what extra was now available for getting the year membership. personally i would have preferred this as i have lbp on disc.

What's the deal there has been no plus update yet.

It's there, you just need to search for it

• Advertisement

You need to find the games and its free the plus section hasnt updated yet, just downloading sam and max now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement