Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And today's Easter Egg Hunt is Playstation Allstars Battle Royal on PS3 for €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And today's Easter Egg Hunt is Playstation Allstars Battle Royal on PS3 for €19.99

Cross buy too so you get the vita version also.

Godd price, I just doubt i'd play it that much. Having a vita is the only reason why i've been thinking it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

When does the month roll & the new games collection become available?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EnterNow wrote: »
    When does the month roll & the new games collection become available?

Usually the first store update of the month, so Wednesday here in europe and Tuesday in the US; the 3rd and 2nd respectively.

But more stuff changes throughout the month rather than the first update.

Leaving PS Plus in April:
    3rd April: Mass Effect 3
    3rd April: Mortal Kombat
    3rd April: Guardians of Middle Earth
    10th April: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    24th April: Puddle

Entering PS Plus in April:

3rd April: Okami HD
    3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    3rd April: The Cave
    10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
    24th April: Thomas Was Alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wish there was something better for Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn Americans are getting Disgaea for Vita for their plus, hope we get it cheap sometime in that Easter egg deal, I wouldn't mind paying €19.99 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

American Psn+ is getting Demon Souls. They finally are getting something good. Though I want it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Easter Egg Hunt Offer 4 is:

Offer 4: Spec Ops and Duke Nukem Forever bundle
    Was €79.98/£65.98, now €24.99/£19.99
    Valid until 11.59am 4th April

So basically, Spec Ops for 25 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

grabbed the service for the first time today, from what i can gather i keep the games until i stop subbing and if i resub he games will work again, if i unsub and somehow the games get deleted/my ps3 breaks will they still be in my download list if i resub?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Its all tied in to ur log in details.u can log in to any ps3 and retrieve ur games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

If I have multiple accounts on my PS3 and only have PS+ on one of them will the other accounts be able to play the PS+ games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

penev10 wrote: »
    If I have multiple accounts on my PS3 and only have PS+ on one of them will the other accounts be able to play the PS+ games?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Spec Ops The Line and Duke Nukem Forever. What an odd combination. I'd love to play Spec Ops but I unfortunately already own that PoS game bundled with it.

The bundle-only discounts are silly, they should be individually discounted as well/instead. Besides people who might not want one or the other, it negates the benefit of the sale for customers who've already bought one of them. The last three two-packs for me have been no use. Couldn't get The Unfinished Swan discounted cos I already bought Journey, couldn't get Killzone HD cod I'd bought inFamous FoB, now this. This one isn't AS bad because the bundle happens to be cheaper than the digital copy of Spec Ops, but still more expensive than getting it retail

so if i replace the ps3 the games will still be in my download list as psplus content? and even if i cancel and resub in the mean time will the games that have dissappeared be gone or is it up to the download list?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

bitburger wrote: »
    so if i replace the ps3 the games will still be in my download list as psplus content? and even if i cancel and resub in the mean time will the games that have dissappeared be gone or is it up to the download list?

There are no guarantees. Nobody knows for sure. So far this has been the case. You stop paying and you take your chances. Sony's official response is that they MAY not be there if you resub. Anyone who says otherwise is just guessing/hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

bitburger wrote: »

you're limited by the number of ps3s that your account can have active at any one time, if you replaced 2 PS3s and didn't deactivate them then you won't be able to used any of the games on your download list.

Go onto the Sony SEN site and you can deactivate all PS3s there but you're only allowed to do that so often, the best thing is to deactivate a PS3 before you sell it or if it's starting to act up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

For what it's worth, I called up Sony before asking them to de-activate any other PS3 that had my account active other than the current one/newest one.

I had two old early PS3's that broke quite easily, but never knew about de-activating them. That being said, they both suffered YLOD, so I couldn't even turn them on to de-activate the account.

I was told this was not possible, and it was my own fault for not knowing beforehand.

Do you have a link to that part of the SEN site where I can make an attempt at doing it myself? It is becoming quite annoying as the years go by.

You should be able to remove it here

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

It removes all accounts so just reactivate the ones you have now next time you turn them on. Had to do this when my PS3 was robbed a few months back, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Thanks! I'll give it a go when I get home later on. It's currently activated on my personal PS3, and the family one (so younger brother can access LBP content). They're both over 3 years old. Stupid question but, I'm guessing 2 PS3's is the limit since 2011?

I'm not sure on the limit, I imagine you can activate as many as you want. I think the Playstation Store only allows 2 downloads of a specific file instead of 5 since 2011. Might be wrong tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Okami, LOTR and The Cave are available to download now.

pre 2011 content can still be activated 5 times anything after it is twice, think licensing prevented them from taking away the extra 3 activations,

you can do the deactivate all thing on the web once every 6 months.

be a real shame if i unsubbed because my ps3 broke and if 3 months later i resubbed and couldnt get the old content back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Okami works so much better with the dualshock than the wii version :pac:

Really? Figured the only way would work better would be if had touchscreen DS style (Okami on Wii U would be great) or is it just because you couldn't get the Dualshock to sync with the Wii. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thank feck I checked out Okami on YouTube first. That could have been a waste of time and bandwith.
    Looks like the greatest pile of shìte I've ever seen :pac:

Each to their own and all that, I could not see myself enjoying 1 second of that kind of thing.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Thank feck I checked out Okami on YouTube first. That could have been a waste of time and bandwith.

Each to their own and all that, I could not see myself enjoying 1 second of that kind of thing.

Do you like the Zelda games? If so then you'd probably enjoy Okami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Wish I did the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you like the Zelda games? If so then you'd probably enjoy Okami.
    Wouldn't be anywhere near my favourites but Zelda is enjoyable. I don't see the connection... or Link if you're into wordplay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Wouldn't be anywhere near my favourites but Zelda is enjoyable. I don't see the connection... or Link if you're into wordplay ;)

Okami is probably the best non-Zelda Zelda game made (if you understand what I mean). They're similar games, just instead of new items you uncover new brush techniques.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Okami is probably the best non-Zelda Zelda game made (if you understand what I mean). They're similar games, just instead of new items you uncover new brush techniques.

Exactly. I wasn't sure of it at first but decided to get it on the wii. I'm currently playing the sequel on the DS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement