Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Plays much much better on the playstation than on the wii. Really enjoying it, good month of plus already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I see okami HD is free on PSN if you have a Plus account, there is a dynamic background also. (wonder if you will see any more dynamic backgrounds with the PS4?). No sign of trophies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Okami HD has trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I signed up to a three month membership and I'm wondering whether to get it again or go for the entire year. I'm just on PS Vita at the moment and games have been good but I'm wondering whether I should continue. Since I've only got an 8GB card I can't keep all the games I want - so I'll need to invest in a 32GB really - but aren't Vita running out of free titles to offer??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Get yourself a ps3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cool! Hitman Absolution is one of next month's games

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Cool! Hitman Absolution is one of next month's games

Nice find man! Here is a list of sales happening today.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Was €59.99/£49.99, now €29.99/£19.99
    Additional 10% saving for PS Plus members

Crysis
    Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Crysis 2
    Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
    Was €29.99/£23.99, now €14.99/£11.99

Crysis 3
    Was €69.99/£59.99, now €39.99/£29.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Was €14.99/£10.99, now €5.99/£4.79

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Complete Edition
    Was €24.99/£19.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Hitman Absolution Digital Edition
    Was €59.99/£49.99, now €23.99/£19.69
    PS Plus members note: This title will be added to your Instant Game Collection on 1st May

Hitman Contracts HD
    Was €12.99/£9.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin HD

Hitman Trilogy HD
    Was €29.99/£19.99, now €11.99/£9.69

Hitman: Blood Money HD

Men in Black: Alien Crisis
    Was €59.99/£49.99, now €29.99/£19.99

Metal Slug
    Was €8.99/£7.29, now €3.99/£3.19

Metal Slug 2
    Was €8.99/£7.29, now €3.99/£3.19

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 – Game of the Year Edition
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €5.99/£4.79

Tom Clancy’s G.R.A.W 2
    Was €14.99/£10.99, now €5.99/£4.79

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €5.99/£4.79

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory HD
    Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.49/£5.99

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow HD

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell HD

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Trilogy HD
    Was €24.99/£19.99, now €10.99/£8.89

Splinter Cell Complete Pack
    Was €59.99/£49.99, now €19.99/£15.99

I guess they probably had to reveal it was next month's game now or they would've taken some abuse from anyone who bought it in the sale. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Nice one. Been meaning to get Hitman for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Guacamelee! is also out later today for 15 euro with a 20% discount for plus!

That gets you the ps3 and vita version and the reviews have been glowing so far.

Had a feeling we'd get Hitman, glad I traded it in now. Definitely replay value in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Think I might go on a bit of a Hitman journey. I've played Blood Money but not the rest so I'm gonna buy the trilogy for a tenner and then play them all straight through ending with Absolution next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sheehy83 wrote: »

Free for most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

RangeR wrote: »
    Free for most of us.

How so?

Was free on Plus the month before I joined I think - part of the July 2012 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sin0city wrote: »
    Was free on Plus the month before I joined I think - part of the July 2012 update.

There abouts. Bloody marvelous game. Took my time. Took me the month to finish it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Very happy about Hitman.

Got it on PC before Christmas and loved it, but kept encountering crashes at random times when I tried to change disguise. Fixed it for a while and then it reappeared.

Haven't gone back since but it was a great game. Have no problem starting over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    Guacamelee! is also out later today for 15 euro with a 20% discount for plus!

That gets you the ps3 and vita version and the reviews have been glowing so far.

Had a feeling we'd get Hitman, glad I traded it in now. Definitely replay value in it.

Nice, it's actually 13 euro, so 10.39 for Plus members! :D

Good sale, bought hitman absolution last week from the hungarian xbox live offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

just got the 15 month sub there to extend my plus well into next year, wonder what digital collection ill have gotten by then, a lot of square enix games of late , strong feeling Lara will make an appearance in the coming months

• Advertisement

Hope she does. Thought that Guardian of Light game was decent too.

Haven't played any of the Tom Clancy games. Any opinions on what's the best of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Haven't played any of the Tom Clancy games. Any opinions on what's the best of them?

End War: give it a miss.
    The Ghost Recon series was ok 6 years ago but aged badly and not as good as the original Ghost Recons on the Xbox 1 and PC.

The Splinter Cell games are good, Conviction is a change to the series and you kind of turn into Jack Bauer, good game though. Double Agent is not as good but closer to classic Splinter Cell gameplay. Chaos Theory is the best of the true Splinter Cell games.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2 are decent enough. The second is basically the same game with improvements and more weapons. There was problems in multiplayer with players putting scopes on shotguns and killing people across the map with them. Not sure how they mixed it with balancing or patched it up.

Hope she does. Thought that Guardian of Light game was decent too.

I loved the splinter cell games from the last gen and also the rainbow 6 games are excellent, Double agent was good but not mad about GRAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

sweetie wrote: »
    I loved the splinter cell games from the last gen and also the rainbow 6 games are excellent, Double agent was good but not mad about GRAW.

Agreed, I like the above on the last generation but never rated GRAW. I was wondering about getting the splinter cell for the ps3 but don't know what it plays like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Virtues Last Reward available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Started okami. The intro was long but I stuck through. Art style is fantastic. its like playing a moving painting. The thing that really hooked me is the power slash stroke thing. Sooo satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Started okami. The intro was long but I stuck through. Art style is fantastic. its like playing a moving painting. The thing that really hooked me is the power slash stroke thing. Sooo satisfying.

Am enjoying this too. Would love to be able to speed up the talking pieces but really enjoying it. As above it does remind me a bit of Zelda with that bug :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The only problem I have with Okami is it feels too long overall. I remember there being at least one or two false endings... only to end up with another ten or more hours of gameplay ahead!

Other than that its a thoroughly enjoyable, engaging game. Get lost in its rich world of Japanese culture and mythology, and it probably offers the single most beautiful art design gaming has ever offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Taltos wrote: »
    Am enjoying this too. Would love to be able to speed up the talking pieces but really enjoying it. As above it does remind me a bit of Zelda with that bug :)

It is so much like Zelda tho I have only played Twilight Princess. The imp/monkey enemy slaps its scarlet behind to taunt you is the exact same thing as the ape boss from TP do.
    I was abit worried on how the analog controls can do brush strokes but it does it better than expected with a little aid.
    So far I'm loving it more. Characters have so much charm I can't help smiling every time I meet one, eager to find out their little thing that makes them unique. I can't wait to get back on it. It's brought on alot of hype onto itself I hope I won't get disappointed later on.
    I remember it being released back then with a cover with an IGN watermark. lol

• Advertisement

Glad you're all enjoying Okami if it's your first time. I would like to play it again sometime once I get through some of my backlog.

was going back through my downloads list to see how many games I'd got from PS Plus so far(70 and not even a year into it. Think I've played 1 or 2. :)) and I see I have Assassin's creed 2 in the list. Looks to be the full game, but I never purchased it. The expiry date is 3/11/2013(a year from the supposed purchase date) instead of the other games which is 30/07/2014.
    Anyone else have this? Will try downloading tonight to see if it works.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement