Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As if Hitman wasn't good enough, we are getting Catherine as well! I was mad to play that!

In summary
    Leaving PS Plus in May:
    1st May: Okami HD
    1st May: F1 Race Stars
    1st May: Quantum Conundrum
    8th May: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
    22nd April: Thomas Was Alone

Entering PS Plus in May:
    1st May: Hitman Absolution
    1st May: Catherine
    1st May: Malicious
    8th May: Sine Mora
    15th April: Velocity Ultra HD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The May games for Playstation Plus are being announced today at noon. Obviously, Hitman is one of them.

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts on a range of other titles including 60% off Back to The Future, 60% off Beyond Good and Evil and 60% off Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD. We’ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts.

In summary
    Leaving PS Plus in May:
    1st May: Okami HD
    1st May: F1 Race Stars
    1st May: Quantum Conundrum
    8th May: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward

Entering PS Plus in May:
    1st May: Hitman Absolution
    1st May: Catherine
    1st May: Malicious
    8th May: Sine Mora
    15th April: Velocity Ultra HD

Delighted about this as I'd been toying with picking up Catherine for a while and Malicious was always on my radar. I've got Sine Mora on the xbox and its beautiful, that will be a great addition to the Vita, I don't know much about Velocity Ultra HD though. And as noted previously, Hitman is in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The May games for Playstation Plus are being announced today at noon. Obviously, Hitman is one of them.

1 minute past 12, fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Great! I was planning to buy Hitman and Catherine for myself anyway.
    I hadn't even heard of the other 3 until today. Sine Mora looks pretty interesting.

just noticed this in my own quote:

Did anyone know this was on PS3/Vita? hadn't a clue??

EDIT: Just saw this on the blog afterwards
    Posted on 17 April, 2013 at 12:08 pm by Wild_Guns
    But Thomas Was Alone, ehm, leave even before entering the Store..?

Posted on 17 April, 2013 at 12:16 pm by Fred Dutton
    Sorry, nasty typo! That should say May, of course. Fixing now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Can't keep up with Plus at all. Haven't even had a chance to play any of the April games yet!

Delighted with Catherine and Hitman. Plus is just ridiculous at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sin0city wrote: »
    Can't keep up with Plus at all. Haven't even had a chance to play any of the April games yet!

Delighted with Catherine and Hitman. Plus is just ridiculous at this stage :)

You're doing well. I haven't even played September's. :)

Great to see Catherine. Wanted to play it.

I'm probably going to jinx it now, but have we ever been given games that have got really bad reviews? Like Amy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Esterhase wrote: »
    Sine Mora looks pretty interesting.

Sine Mora is absolutely fantastic. And looks beautiful on the screen.

Really glad we're getting Velocity Ultra HD too. Very good update IMO.

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'm probably going to jinx it now, but have we ever been given games that have got really bad reviews? Like Amy.

I don't think we ever got something that was absolutely slated. Some that were a bit controversial I suppose like Mass Effect 3 which left people very divided, and to be fair, in the 100 odd games I've gotten off them, there were definitely a few that I didn't like but that could just be me? But I don't remember any updates where people came along and said "BUT THAT GAME SUCKS?!"

CastorTroy wrote: »

I don't think we've got any real clangers.
    Malicious isn't supposed to be great but based on the trailer on the blog I'll probably try it out anyway...at some time in the probably distant future :)

Based on the comments on the blog it looks like we're getting a Lego game in the next few months and Ninja Gaiden is also a possibility. Disgaea 3 is ruled out and no plans for JRPGs, namely the Atelier games and Graces F (which is a great game by the way).

This is an interesting question too:

Posted on 17 April, 2013 at 12:27 pm by DENIO_007

"Hey Chris are we getting 6 games next month since it’ll be June and I think that’s when InFamous 2, LBP2 and Motostorm expire? And if so will the games replacing it also be Sony’s games?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Varik wrote: »
    1 minute past 12, fail.

You just can't trust Sony anymore these days.

Anyways, happy enough with that update. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah i was wondering that about those games expiring as well. They may just say they were just to lure people in and from June on, there will be 3 less games. But I'd say they won't do that. So should be interesting to see what we get.

June is birthday month for Plus too so maybe we will get 6 PS3 games :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

once again great games this month, wanted Catherine with a while now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You might be getting Catherine - and a damn good game it is too - but you're not getting the novelty boxer shorts that came with the special edition :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Wow Catherine! Excellent. I'll be taking it off my Amazon wishlist now :D

Surprised to see such a niche title on PS+ but I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Happy that Catherine is on Plus soon. I've finished it and unlocked a few endings on a friend's copy, hence my waiting for a retail price drop to get my own copy. And since the copy I played was American due to the almost-year European delay, I get to play this great game again as well as get double trophies for region stacking, woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

So far behind ! Just finished sleeping dogs last night .... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

When will Thomas Was Alone be available?

EnterNow wrote: »
    When will Thomas Was Alone be available?

Its reportedly being released next week and will be available to us until its removed on the 22nd. But that's not official Sony source yet.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Sine Mora is absolutely fantastic. And looks beautiful on the screen.

Really glad we're getting Velocity Ultra HD too. Very good update IMO.

Deadly, I'll add it to my backlog so. This PS+ business is great, but it is unfortunate that my already large backlog will be getting steadily bigger each month! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Deadly, I'll add it to my backlog so. This PS+ business is great, but it is unfortunate that my already large backlog will be getting steadily bigger each month! :p

Why do you think I put in a 1Tb HDD there a few months ago... Bring it on :)

My 200GB free HDD space feels inadequate now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Nice, never did get to play Catherine. And I sold Hitman Absolution after clearing it, shouldn't have. Woohoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

My 200GB free HDD space feels inadequate now. :o

Never inadequate, simply cute :)
    Hey - it could just be 4Gig...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone else enjoying f1 race stars? Myself and the GF have been playing it all weekend, can't seem to get an online game working though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Melion wrote: »
    Anyone else enjoying f1 race stars? Myself and the GF have been playing it all weekend, can't seem to get an online game working though

It's brutal, and not the good brutal.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's brutal, and not the good brutal.

I really like it :)
    Haven't played it single player though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Melion wrote: »
    I really like it :)
    Haven't played it single player though

3 races was enough for me. It's way too slow, tracks are boring, weapons are cack.

I like Mario Kart, Little Big Planet Karting, even Modnation Racers, so I thought I would like it.

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    3 races was enough for me. It's way too slow, tracks are boring, weapons are cack.

I like Mario Kart, Little Big Planet Karting, even Modnation Racers, so I thought I would like it.

I wanna get lbp karting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement