Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

My kids love F1 race stars and being able to have 4 players is good but it's not for me.Tracks get boring pretty quick and not a patch on mario karts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

RoryMac wrote: »
    My kids love F1 race stars and being able to have 4 players is good but it's not for me.Tracks get boring pretty quick and not a patch on mario karts

F1 Racing is good fun. However, if you have experienced previous games in the genre, you do feel slightly cheated. Jeebus, even Crash Team Racing was infinitely more fun that this. Having said that, I do like the game somewhat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

RangeR wrote: »
    F1 Racing is good fun. However, if you have experienced previous games in the genre, you do feel slightly cheated. Jeebus, even Crash Team Racing was infinitely more fun that this. Having said that, I do like the game somewhat.

I remember playing Mario Kart on the SNES many years ago and have played every version since. Obviously this isnt at the level of the N64 or Wii versions of Mario Kart but, for what it is, i think its enjoyable. If it gets my GF into games then im all for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Melion wrote: »
    I remember playing Mario Kart on the SNES many years ago and have played every version since. Obviously this isnt at the level of the N64 or Wii versions of Mario Kart but, for what it is, i think its enjoyable. If it gets my GF into games then im all for it :)

I used to let my gf play my ps3 all the time and thought it was great until she prestiged on black ops before me
    Now I dont let the bitch near my ps3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    I used to let my gf play my ps3 all the time and thought it was great until she prestiged on black ops before me
    Now I dont let the bitch near my ps3

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I am so happy to see Catherine on the list. I bought the Collectors Edition in the states 2 years ago, best CE of the generation I reckon. Pizza box, boxers, pillow case (!?), t-shirt... Would love to see more people play it. It is a unique game in my opinion, something which can't be said for a lot of games this generation.

Also, for Bioshock Infinite fans, Troy Baker delivers a stellar performance in Catherine, so listen out for him - as early as the title screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

For anyone that missed it. Additional 10% off for Plus.
    Tetris and Might & Magic for me I think.

PS3

After Burner Climax

Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19
    Additional 10% off for PS Plus subscribers

Back to the Future: The Game – 5 Game Series
    Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Beyond Good & Evil HD
    Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Calling All Cars
    Was €4.99/£3.99, now €2.49/£1.99

Crystal Defenders

Datura

Deathspank
    Was €12.99/£9.99, now €6.49/£5.19

Eat Them!

Echo Chrome

Echo Chrome 2

Elefunk

Ferrari The Race Experience
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.49/£5.99

From Dust

Gotham City Impostors

LocoRoco Cocoreccho
    Was €2.99/£2.39, now €1.49/£1.19

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Siren: Blood Curse
    Was €12.99/£10.99, now €6.49/£5.19

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II

Sound Shapes

Super Rub ‘a’ Dub

Tetris

The Last Guy

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD

Trash Panic

Trine

PS Vita

Smart as…
    Was €24.99/£19.99, now €12.49/£8.99

Sound Shapes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Avoid Tony Hawk's HD like the plague.

Avoid Tony Hawk's HD like the plague.

Pity that. Used to love Tony Hawk on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Is the Back to the Future game any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It's OK. It's a point a click "adventure" with some better than average graphics. I paid for it on release as I had fond memories of the movies.

I enjoyed the game but only played half way through the final episode. Never went back to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

good price for siren: blood curse and might get stranger's wrath despite having it on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Seems as good a time as any to pick up Beyond Good and Evil. Sound Shapes looks good too and I'll add Thomas Was Alone from IGC. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Tony Hawk's HD is okay, certainly worth 6 quid for nostalgia sake. It's like bits from the first 3 games with sexier textures, but ever so slightly buggier gameplay and only about 12 songs from those games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Loved BG&E - very tempted to pick that one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Definitely enjoyed the game. Well worth it at that price. Played through the whole thing and enjoyed it. Helps if you're a fan of the films:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got bg&e on Xbox recently. Felt very dated to me

Anyone actually played Sound Shapes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sin0city wrote: »
    Anyone actually played Sound Shapes?

Yep. It's all about the Beck levels which contain some of the best art, sound and gameplay you could hope to come across. Rest of the game cannot compete. Trophy levels are infuriatingly addictive, though, and haven't checked to see how the player content has worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Noticed Thomas Was Alone is on the PS+ collection there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Took the plunge and got it this month, mass effect 3 piqued my interest, but I already have it. Then okami came up, I could pay €20 for a download copy, or 50 quid and get it and a year full of random games, seemed an easy choice

I'm loving okami, the art is really nice and its pretty fun.

Of course now I have all these free Vita games so I'm getting tempted there now, damn you Sony and your evil genius !

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Is Hitman coming on psn+ this Wednesday seeing as it would be may?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Is Hitman coming on psn+ this Wednesday seeing as it would be may?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just finished Okami there after playing it for a week straight. My god what a game.

Completely passed it when it was on PS2 because I looked at it as just some artsy game I would hate, and expected it to last around 8 hours at most.

I loved the combat, the story was great, I got that repeating "I'll just get to one more save point" feeling that's so rare to get with a game. What I expected to be a 6 hour game expanded into a 30+ hour adventure that I had no idea about.

Bad points? The dialogue. Oh the dialogue itself is fine, it's the system for it. Text you have to read voiced by warbling and womping sounds that get annoying after 5 minutes. You can skip through most of it once you've read it, but sometimes you have to wait for it to pass on the screen in "real-time". The 20-minute introduction to the game at the start is the worst instance, but you get used to it.

One of the most beautiful, engrossing and unique games I have ever played though. I think it it's still there until Thursday. DOWNLOAD IT WHILE YOU CAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Really must try Okami, sounds interesting. I haven't had a chance to play any of the recent ps+ stuff. Between all the free games and ones I've bought on sale, I've built up quite the backlog, I suppose it's a good complaint to be making, I wont be stuck for something to play anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

do UK psn plus subscription codes work in ireland or are they the same as psn cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

noob question about ps+. Once I subscribe for a year say and download a game onto memory card on vita can I erase it to make room for other games later on and re download that game again sometime. Is it 'stored' on my account until my sub runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    noob question about ps+. Once I subscribe for a year say and download a game onto memory card on vita can I erase it to make room for other games later on and re download that game again sometime. Is it 'stored' on my account until my sub runs out?

Yeah you can do that, it's fine as long as you keep up your subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

mailrewop wrote: »
    do UK psn plus subscription codes work in ireland or are they the same as psn cards.

UK cards don't work if your PSN account is set to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mailrewop wrote: »

No, but you can set up a UK account and use it on that. Games downloaded will still work on your Irish account. Only thing is, you'll need to top up the sub on the UK account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement