Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

aaronh007 wrote: »
    No, but you can set up a UK account and use it on that. Games downloaded will still work on your Irish account. Only thing is, you'll need to top up the sub on the UK account.

ah was just wondering cause amazon are giving away fifa on the vita for free if you bought a certain item and a 90 day sub was the cheapest item on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

mailrewop wrote: »
    ah was just wondering cause amazon are giving away fifa on the vita for free if you bought a certain item and a 90 day sub was the cheapest item on the list.

Set up a UK account buy two of the 90 day subs and trade one FIFA in. Ah Fcuk it's a code for FIFA, not worth the hassle IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there anywhere to get a list of all the ps+ games out and coming out. Also does ps+ back date or can I only download games that are out from when I start a subscription. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to get a list of all the ps+ games out and coming out. Also does ps+ back date or can I only download games that are out from when I start a subscription. Thanks

This thread. Read it. All the info is there on current games.

It doesn't back date, although that info is here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, I know I will sound like an idiot, but can someone explain plus service?

You pay subscription, for which you get discounts on games? I see some games announced free for plus subscribers. How does that work? Can you just download it and play those games as long as you got sub?

I am asking as I am planing on getting a TV for my mancave and dust off ps3 until ps4 or/and Wii u . if I can get some games just from sub, then it would be very handy for me. I don't want to buy any extra games now.

• Advertisement

Lads, I know I will sound like an idiot, but can someone explain plus service?

You pay subscription, for which you get discounts on games? I see some games announced free for plus subscribers. How does that work? Can you just download it and play those games as long as you got sub?

I am asking as I am planing on getting a TV for my mancave and dust off ps3 until ps4 or/and Wii u . if I can get some games just from sub, then it would be very handy for me. I don't want to buy any extra games now.

Pretty much on the money. You pay for your subscription, each month you get some free games, that you can play for as long as you have a subscription. For example, in the last couple of months, I have gotten Sleeping Dogs, Mortal Kombat, F1 Team Racers, and a pox load more for no extra cost. Hitman and Catherine are out next month for free. There is also discounts on games that you can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

"Thomas was alone" is excellent, reminds me if Tetris mixed with Limbo !

The story is quirky , sound is great and puzzles/platforms are tricky but not over difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not sure if it applies to here :

@PlayStation: Get $100 off a PS3 bundle http://t.co/SwfTsx9gtn or PS Vita bundle http://t.co/LTZ3EZaYol with PS Card. And earn 10x points on PSN purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

aaronh007 wrote: »
    No, but you can set up a UK account and use it on that. Games downloaded will still work on your Irish account. Only thing is, you'll need to top up the sub on the UK account.

wonder if anyone can advise,...have a current ps+ thats up in november..got the card in argos...it was uk one but i got it sorted with a new psn account... ive noticed theyve started to phase out the uk ones here (think it was an ordering error...uk being argos home country, they just shipped them to here)..... if i cant find a uk card & reknew my sub with an irish one and revert to my other psn will l loose the licence for any games from ps+ i have on the uk account,.... im goin thru games at my own pace dont want to have to rush my playin in order to clear the games before november

anyone been in a simular position?...wonder what happens if you move from eire to the uk and want to take ur ps or vita with all ur irish ps+ games,...would you loose the licence to play em once you reknewed with a uk ps+ eventou u had have the games installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

padz wrote: »
    wonder if anyone can advise,...have a current ps+ thats up in november..got the card in argos...it was uk one but i got it sorted with a new psn account... ive noticed theyve started to phase out the uk ones here (think it was an ordering error...uk being argos home country, they just shipped them to here)..... if i cant find a uk card & reknew my sub with an irish one and revert to my other psn will l loose the licence for any games from ps+ i have on the uk account,.... im goin thru games at my own pace dont want to have to rush my playin in order to clear the games before november

anyone been in a simular position?...wonder what happens if you move from eire to the uk and want to take ur ps or vita with all ur irish ps+ games,...would you loose the licence to play em once you reknewed with a uk ps+ eventou u had have the games installed?

As with all the people who ask, regarding games you have installed, if you check the details of each game, you may see an expiry date on some. These will almost definitely lock down when your sub is up.

If you think of each account as a person, you'll see why your games won't transfer to your irish account. Sorry chief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I actually got a UK 90 day PSN sub as a present and was quite browned off to find out I couldn't top up my IE PSN account with it. Especially as I have a Vita and it's annoying one-account restriction.

I still have it if you want to trade for an old game or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moving out of Ireland has nothing to do with PS+, it doesn't care where you live.
    So long as you renew your subscription, the games will be available to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Thanks penev10 nice idea, ive only mgs4 & brutal legend left traded in a good few since gettin +.....

Thanks for the replies dudes...il just play like a mother then renew with IE in november...around that time we will know more bout the ps4 so could be a blessing in disguise mite be a years sub wit a new console if it doesn't cost a bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Hitman (with sniper challenge, zenith gun, deus ex disguise and online contracts), Catherine and Malicious are ready to download now. Just search for them. Beat the download rush later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is on the store now as well. 14.99 or 11.99 with Plus. Anyone getting it? Great month with Hitman and Catherine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is on the store now as well. 14.99 or 11.99 with Plus. Anyone getting it? Great month with Hitman and Catherine!

I just bought it anyway. Sounds too good to turn down at that price! :P

tok9 wrote: »
    I just bought it anyway. Sounds too good to turn down at that price! :P

Let us know how it is! FC 3 was my 2nd best game of last year. Are there enemy camps, towers to climb? was addicted to those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Let us know how it is! FC 3 was my 2nd best game of last year. Are there enemy camps, towers to climb? was addicted to those.

I'll just leave this here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Wow a 17 gig download for Hitman , 9.3 gig for Malicious :eek: . think I need a bigger boat hard drive for my PS3 with all this PS+ goodness :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Loved the trippy missions in Far Cry 3 but that looks like some sort of crazy 80s cyberpunk extravaganza using Far Cry 3 code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Clover wrote: »
    Wow a 17 gig download for Hitman , 9.3 gig for Malicious :eek: . think I need a bigger boat hard drive for my PS3 with all this PS+ goodness :D .

Noticed that and almost cried. Was looking forward to a few games of Hitman before I went out house hunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

17 gigs on my speed would take a bit over 14 hours to download! Dear fuk

Telltale's Poker Night 2 is out today as well. Looks well worth a tenner!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/poker-night-2/cid=EP2026-NPEB01357_00-POKER20000000KEY

I thought I read somewhere that you can only play against the AI though...and you can do that in Far Cry 3 or Red Dead...

sin0city wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that you can only play against the AI though...and you can do that in Far Cry 3 or Red Dead...

Yeah but where else can you play against Claptrap from borderlands and Ash from Evil Dead and have GLaDOS as your dealer. Worth a tenner alone just to listen to their stories.

Yeah but where else can you play against Claptrap from borderlands and Ash from Evil Dead and have GLaDOS as your dealer. Worth a tenner alone just to listen to their stories.

Had me at GLaDOS. Can't get enough of her abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

1ZRed wrote: »

Took around 4 hours for it to download for me, but I'm lucky enough to have a 150meg UPC connection.

The install is taking an age , around half an hour so far.

sin0city wrote: »
    Had me at GLaDOS. Can't get enough of her abuse.

Just watched this. Instant tenner gone from my wallet! Looks (and more importantly SOUNDS) brilliant!

Actually laugh out loud when Claptrap starts making WUB WUB music and the conversation that follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

1ZRed wrote: »

Similar for me. Just started downloading Catherine (9.5 GB), it will take approximately 4 1/2 hours. I am probably looking for double that time for Hitman, so I will leave it downloading all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

After 6 hours wait download of Hitman it's giving me error on install :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement