Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Yeah you get to play them until your subscription expires.

If it expires and you re-sub later, you'll be once again able to access what you 'bought' during the older sub.

Source: got the month free after the 2011 outage, subbed properly the next year and got the other stuff back

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What way does it work? Do you get to keep the games after you download them as long as you keep up the subscription or do they stop working after a certain date.

Cheers

You don't even have to download them. Just make sure you "purchase" them and add them to your download list before they're removed from the Instant Game Collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Jikashi wrote: »
    If it expires and you re-sub later, you'll be once again able to access what you 'bought' during the older sub.

In the past few months people are starting to state this as fact. It's not fact. It's been the way so far but Sony have ALWAYS stated that you COULD lose everything if your subs lapse.

What source is that. I'm not aware of Sony ever saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What way does it work? Do you get to keep the games after you download them as long as you keep up the subscription or do they stop working after a certain date.

Cheers

Been answered 1000 times in this thread already.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Should make a sticky of basic workings of psn+ with a list of past psn+ releases. I found a list of European psn+ games including ones before instant games collection.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    What source is that. I'm not aware of Sony ever saying that.

I'd be surprised if they did lol.
    I'll make it clearer for you: The source behind my answer was my own experience, as opposed to hearsay or second hand anecdotes

Just thinking, when did the IGC start? was it right after E3 last year or was it the following month? Because when do you think the next update will occur? Wait til after the conference which is on the 10th? Or update as normal beginning of month, with the year long games(Infamous 2, etc) being updated after the conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm not convinced that the year long games will actually go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

GTA and Knights and Witches sale is on the PS store.

To make things even better Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD and Demon Souls have been confirmed for PS Plus next month!! I love all of these games and don't have them on me so I'm delighted with this news.

Link to sales - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/08/knights-and-witches-sale-starts-on-ps-store-today/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/08/grand-theft-auto-sale-roars-onto-playstation-store-this-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great find! I only had a loan of Demons Souls so would be great to own it and pump more hours into it! Also, never played ICO or SOTC but heard brilliant things so again, great addition to PSN+ in June.

Plus, I was mad to get San Andreas but thought 15 euro was too much. 6 something is far more tempting and will be nice to play through waiting for GTA V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Sine mora available on Vita today.

How long is the GTA sale for? I bought a PSN card at the weekend expecting the code to be emailed to me but annoyingly it's been posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beefy78 wrote: »
    How long is the GTA sale for? I bought a PSN card at the weekend expecting the code to be emailed to me but annoyingly it's been posted.

Sale on until the 15th May

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

****e that we're getting Demon's souls.

Happy to be getting the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Yeah, looking forward to playing ICO and SOTC...after I finish Catherine and LOTR: War in the North , then play Driver, Hitman,Tomb Raider, Dark Arisen, Might & Magic and Okami. There's loads of other Plus games I'd like to try out too. Drowning in games at this stage :)

Definitely not getting a PS4 now until a year or more after it comes out. Will take me at least that long to play through the PS3 games, especially when you consider that Remember Me, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of us, GTA V, Agent and XCOM: Declassified are all coming out later this year.

Just finished Mirkwood in LOTR by the way. If anyone wants to play along add me. In some ways it's like a more shallow version of Dragon Age.

And €7.99 is a great price for Dragon Age: Origins too if anyone hasn't played it.

Have both the collection and Demon's Souls but again it gives me 3 less games to download. I'd say there's still 1 more to be announced if the Collection is counted as 1 game.

Guess that means the June update will keep the usual schedule. And maybe something extra around E3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Three of the greatest games ever made for anyone who hasn't gotten around to them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

First time ever I have everything, don't really mind though - I haven't touched Catherine or Hitman yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

been holding off buying the ico collection since selling my ps2 copy of both. delighted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I downloaded Hitman....19 feckin gigabyte!!

• Advertisement

I downloaded Hitman....19 feckin gigabyte!!

21.7gb for Ni No Kuni!

I'd actually sooner spend the extra few euro and get it on disc.

Jikashi wrote: »
    21.7gb for Ni No Kuni!

I'd actually sooner spend the extra few euro and get it on disc.

Especially considering that the loading time difference is negligible (even with a SSD) and you can sell / trade the game if you want.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3-disc-vs-digital-delivery

I much prefer owning the physical media for all of these reasons and where a PS+ game has gone up which I've already owned I've kept hold of my copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I much prefer owning the physical media for all of these reasons and where a PS+ game has gone up which I've already owned I've kept hold of my copy.

I have too, but that's more to do with how lazy I am.

Might give them away at some point but it's not worth the petrol/diesel/bus fare to trade them in.

You get so little for trading them in it's often not worth it anyway but I've swapped a fair few games through the post. Works well and only costs you a euro or two.

I'm seriously considering the digital copy of Ni No Kuni as it's still 60 euro in stores and it's one of those games I want to own the disc to.

Just got myself a new and sealed copy of Ni No Kuni on eBay for €30.02 (last second winning with pennies ftw). Same price as the online if I didn't have my Plus discount and won't require 3-4 straight days of downloading to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

tok9 wrote: »

To make things even better Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD and Demon Souls have been confirmed for PS Plus next month!! I love all of these games and don't have them on me so I'm delighted with this news.

Link to sales - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/08/knights-and-witches-sale-starts-on-ps-store-today/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/08/grand-theft-auto-sale-roars-onto-playstation-store-this-week/

Hurray, I missed ico countless times in the shops, and its tricky enough to get a copy now, so delighted I can get it off PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

tok9 wrote: »

I'm some dope, I payed full price for Ico & Shadow of the Colossus about two months ago, should have waited:mad:

• Advertisement

I add all the games to the download list whether I own them or not. 1 backs up the other. If something happens the disc, you have the digital copy. And if the servers are shut down in the future or you cancel your sub and you want to go back and play the game, you have it on disc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement