Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I've taking to thinking avoiding buying hardcopy games that can be bought on psn. You never know. PSN+ always full of suprises and sales all the time. Sony is doing a great transition to digital market with great incentives.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Thrilled to be getting ICO and SOTC. It's yet another game I was planning to buy when I clear some of my backlog - and now I can play it for free! :D
    I still can't get over what a great deal PS+ is. Best 50e I've spent all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys. All those games on ps+ which were released for free are still available? If I sub now I can get them? Or all those games available for limited time? Some of those games would work perfect for me for now, until ps4 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Guys. All those games on ps+ which were released for free are still available? If I sub now I can get them? Or all those games available for limited time? Some of those games would work perfect for me for now, until ps4 comes out.

Nope. Changes each month (or every few months in a few games cases)

Chinpool wrote: »
    Nope. Changes each month (or every few months in a few games cases)

So if catherine is for free this month, I got only 1 month to play/finish it as after that it is gone again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

So if catherine is for free this month, I got only 1 month to play/finish it as after that it is gone again?

No, you can play it as long as you're a plus member.

Morpork wrote: »
    No, you can play it as long as you're a plus member.

So after all, if i Sub now, I will be able to play games for free that were free for ps+ subscribers few months ago? And as long as I got a sub for ps+ I can play Catherine game? Or any other game that is mark as free for ps+ user?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

So after all, if i Sub now, I will be able to play games for free that were free for ps+ subscribers few months ago? And as long as I got a sub for ps+ I can play Catherine game? Or any other game that is mark as free for ps+ user?

No, you can play this months games. Anything released previous to that you won't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The games currently available you can add to your download queue and download/play as long as youre a PS+. Past games you cant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You can only download what is available for this month. You can then keep it for as long as you're subscribed.

Stuff that was free in the past can not be downloaded if you missed out on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Why dont people read back a few pages or search before asking these questions ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think that question was asked lately. It's usually about how long you keep it. But I think it would be a good idea to have a FAQ about it on the first post maybe

osheen wrote: »
    Why dont people read back a few pages or search before asking these questions ??

Because it is a freaking annoying to go through pages of random shiet to find out this particular thing. God bless for a good few people here, that still manage to help out dumb people like me and not being smart arsy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Because it is a freaking annoying to go through pages of random shiet to find out this particular thing. God bless for a good few people here, that still manage to help out dumb people like me and not being smart arsy about it.

Dumb and Lazy are two very different things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

It's also very annoying to scroll through posts from one User who can't go onto ps+ FAQ and quickly check the simple questions out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I think Hitman has been one of the top games to be added to ps+. Brings back so many memories of the classics. I'm hoping Far Cry 3 will be announced for it soon, looks a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Just beat Sine Mora. I still have no idea what's going on story wise, but it sure is fun!
    It's like Metal Slug in the sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

These are the games currently available.

http://ie.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-gamecollection

Unfortunately you missed Sleeping Dogs. That was one great game.

Vyse wrote: »
    These are the games currently available.

http://ie.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-gamecollection

Unfortunately you missed Sleeping Dogs. That was one great game.

Cheers. Catherine and Motorstorm will do perfect for me now. I ordered 20 PS credit from gamesnash. So hopefully our friend on boards will see it and email me the code, so I can sub to plus service.

As for sleeping dogs, I know its great game. Playing it myself on PC now. Waiting on HDMI cable, so then ill be playing it on 42inch TV 1080p fully maxed out on my couch! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not sure I'm enjoying Catherine, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Has Journey been on PS+ yet? Will it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Not sure I'm enjoying Catherine, tbh.

Have to say I thought it was brilliant. A very unique game.
    dohboy wrote: »
    Has Journey been on PS+ yet? Will it be?

No and I'm not sure. I wouldn't think so for another 5 or so months anyway. Just my opinion.

It's very unique, without a doubt. It's also more than a bit repetitive and I find the bits between levels drag on way too long.

Being rubbish at it doesn't help, of course...

Well lads, thanks a lot to all who helped me out. Got subbed for 90 days last night. Got Catherine and Motorsport apocalipse downloaded.
    Played catherine last night. Liked it a lot more then expected. I knew about it, but never did a push on getting it. I am not a/fan of "only in Japan" games or anime, but this game is just damn cool.
    Me and buddy played tonight motor storm single player. Had a few beers while playing too. Was a lot of fun! Really loved the randomness of tracks. Some challenging stuff!

Now just another question. I got an original phat 60gb ps3. So space is limited. If I delete one of these games now, will I still be able to redownload it after few months if I still got sub? Or it is only mine to use as long as its on HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Well lads, thanks a lot to all who helped me out. Got subbed for 90 days last night. Got Catherine and Motorsport apocalipse downloaded.
    Played catherine last night. Liked it a lot more then expected. I knew about it, but never did a push on getting it. I am not a/fan of "only in Japan" games or anime, but this game is just damn cool.
    Me and buddy played tonight motor storm single player. Had a few beers while playing too. Was a lot of fun! Really loved the randomness of tracks. Some challenging stuff!

Now just another question. I got an original phat 60gb ps3. So space is limited. If I delete one of these games now, will I still be able to redownload it after few months if I still got sub? Or it is only mine to use as long as its on HDD?

Once it's in your owned list, which it is, and once your sub doesn't lapse, you can download it as many times as you want on that ps3. Sub for a year and get 3 months free. You know you want to. Purchase a 1TB hard disk while yer at it. You know you'll need it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

One you have purchased the game you can download/delete/download as long as you are subbed. The best advice is to purchase every free game that is released every month whether its on PS3 or Vita and then download it when you feel like playing it. Even if the game doesn't appeal to you just get it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Installed Catherine. Played it for about 2-3 hours. Found it annoyingly difficult in places. Not "I'm crap at this" annoying, but "this is a difficulty spike and a half" annoying. Un-installed it. Too weird and unique for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is a game being too unique a bad thing? God, I wish that complaint was more common.

Catherine is tough but fair - everything in it is solvable with a bit of effort and understanding of the rules. A great sense of satisfaction when you actually make it to the door.

Plus, everytime you restart on a boss level you get to hear "it's the killer. Do not die" which is up there with gaming's finest sound bites.

• Advertisement

Too few games are unique so I've no issue with that. I just found it a little too repetitive and boring.

I'll put a couple more hours into it over the weekend to see if it grips me. Although I started Vice City last night so I suspect it is fighting a losing battle for my attention...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement