Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose a great thing about Plus is you get to try games you're unsure of and if you don't like them, well you never paid for it so no loss. Unless you dislike every single game Plus offers in which case you have spent the sub on games you don't like. Though if this occurs, I think you may need rethink your PS3 ownership. :)

June games being announced at noon today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've a hunch, just a hunch mind you, that demon souls and the ico and sotc hd collection will be today's offering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Plus is an amazing problem to have. There's so many games I've got that I've either not scratched the surface of or haven't put any time into after I've compelted because I've got so many Plus games to get through. Like I bought Tiger Woods 12 last year. I buy a Tiger Woods game once ever four years or so and play the arse out of it. This one I've played once, enjoyed but have never been able to justify going back to it with so many other games to play. I really liked Fall of Cybertron as well and would love to put loads of hours into the multiplayer but just don't have the time with so many other games to play.

RedXIV wrote: »
    I've a hunch, just a hunch mind you, that demon souls and the ico and sotc hd collection will be today's offering

Not a hope. There's absolutely no chance of either of those games being offered. Never!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw on the PS store that Grid 2 is the Coming Soon section for €49.99 including 3 preorder DLC packs. Great price for the PSN store as it is listed 55 euro on gamestop website which I take it excludes a few quid. If I new I would have my home Internet sorted by the 31st May, I would definitely go with this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Is a game being too unique a bad thing? God, I wish that complaint was more common.

Catherine is tough but fair - everything in it is solvable with a bit of effort and understanding of the rules. A great sense of satisfaction when you actually make it to the door.

Plus, everytime you restart on a boss level you get to hear "it's the killer. Do not die" which is up there with gaming's finest sound bites.

Yeah, I'm just finished the 4th day. The first time I played I lost all my lives after two or three hours and and nearly didn't go back to it. But then I started again and it just clicked. I started to see how to apply the techniques.

It is hard though, even on normal but as mentioned above, there is a great sense of satisfaction when you complete a stage and the "it's the killer" line is class.

To be honest I find Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes a more enjoyable puzzle game but the story is why I keep going back to Catherine. I really want to see where it goes. And Vincent's friends are interesting and the dialogue with them is really good, especially with Orlando.

I've also realised that you can never really run out of lives (although it's worth seeing what happens when you do). As long as you can reach a pillow or a checkpoint on a stage before you lose them all you can then just restart from the beginning rather than from the checkpoint. That way you can build up a buffer of lives before restarting from the checkpoint and trying to finish the stage.
    RedXIV wrote: »

Should be one other game though too, shouldn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Terraria is coming out today. Been waiting awhile. Hope we get discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah you get two 'retries' every time you get a pillow so if I'm running out I just get a pillow, let myself die, get another pillow, let myself die and repeat until I'm back up to 10 retries.

Seems like you get lives from doing well too though, or is it just the pillows?

PS3 Titles, available from the 29th May:
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning,
    Demon's Souls
    The ICO and Shadows of Colossus HD Collection.

PS Vita Titles, available from the 5th June:
    Rayman Origins
    Coconut Dodge HD

source - Playstation Access FB page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

June's IGC list is up:

Demons Souls
    Ico / Shadow of the Colossus HD
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Rayman Origins (Vita)

Link

A great month. I've never played Ico or SotC. I've played and beaten Kingdoms of Amalur and it is really good. Very underrated. Rayman Origins is a good game too but I've never played the Vita version. Yet another reason for me to buy a Vita.

---EDIT---

Oops, beaten by sheehy83

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know what Kindgoms of Amalur is like? Haven't played Coconut dodge either.

Anyone who hasn't played any of the other games is in for a treat. All brilliant games. I hope Rayman Legends is released on Vita.

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Kindgoms of Amalur is like? Haven't played Coconut dodge either.

Anyone who hasn't played any of the other games is in for a treat. All brilliant games. I hope Rayman Legends is released on Vita.

Amalur is good. Combat is the best part of it. NPCs are wooden and the game just wasn't that immersive...feels a bit soulless. Still worth playing. I'd advise not doing any / many side quests. I started doing them all and then found it a struggle to finish the main story.

tok9 wrote: »

I played the demo for KoA for the main reason of unlocking goodies in Mass Effect but wasn't really pushed by it. I never played ICO/SOTC but hear they are unmissable so will give them ago and as for Demon Souls, I got a lon of before so will definitely pick up where I left off [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL] of a game!

Bit of a medieval/fantasy type theme to the PS3 games this month

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Bit of a medieval/fantasy type theme to the PS3 games this month

I think they're acting on the poll on the blog.
    Most sought after games were RPGs and there are two this month.

Were PS2 games mentioned on the poll results? Can't check from work. Just thinking if they were then the HD release of Ico collection and the HD GoW previously could be in response to that

I definitely remember asking for PS1 & PS2 classics in PS+ purely to get Resident Evil 4 but never saw the results. Just did a search and found this.

Pic attached

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/8670854993/

No, just genres.

8670854993_ebe3e299c0_o.png

Snap.

• Advertisement

sin0city wrote: »
    Snap.

Yours looks much nicer though :pac:

Don't know why I didn't vote, but I would go with Action/Adventure, platformers and puzzle. Wonder what falls under "Others". Maybe dance/singing/music games

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't know why I didn't vote, but I would go with Action/Adventure, platformers and puzzle. Wonder what falls under "Others". Maybe dance/singing/music games

Yeah, or maybe it does include votes for PS1/2 games. I think you could specifically ask for stuff too.

From the blog it looks like might be more games to follow too:

When will you post the yearly update games for june?
    Posted on 15 May, 2013 at 1:41 pm by Chris Howe

Don’t fear we will let you know something soon icon_smile.gif

sin0city wrote: »

Don’t fear we will let you know something soon icon_smile.gif

Jaysus it's like the opposite of a Steam sale. No Sony No! I already have too many free games to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

It has to be a sony game. Id say one of the uncharted games.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus it's like the opposite of a Steam sale. No Sony No! I already have too many free games to play!

Not quite the opposite. Just the same except "free" replaced with "really, really, ridiculously good looking cheap"
    jaxdasher wrote: »
    It has to be a sony game. Id say one of the uncharted games.

Sony games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Could be Killzone 3.

FYI
    Velocity Ultra available for Vita now

possibillity of XCOM, Assassins Creed 3 or Uncharted 3 being added as PS+ games in the future.

All of this news comes from Chris Howe, PlayStation Store and PlayStation
    Plus Content Manager at SCEE, who was asked if they could “shift some attention”
    to other genres, such as strategy, with XCOM: Enemy Unknown mentioned
    by the commenter. Coyly, Chris responded with “we may have something
    planned………..,” so take that as you will.

Getting into more specifics, another commenter asked if there was a chance
    that either Assassin’s Creed III or Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
    would be on the Instant Game Collection within the next couple of months.
    Chris replied by saying, “Quite possibly, I know one of them will for certain,
    but I can’t say which.”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/05/15/future-eu-playstation-plus-free-games-teased-possibilities-include-assassins-creed-3-uncharted-3-xcom-enemy-unknown/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

First party titles are a definite for PS+. It doesn't really cost Sony anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement