Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You need to find the games and its free the plus section hasnt updated yet, just downloading sam and max now.

the content that was on the store before today or came in the normal update has Plus with the correct price, but the exclusive content that won't be anywhere else is not up.

the ufc dlc & themes are not there if anyone is looking for them.

For people trying to get sam and max when you look at the devils playground full game inside it'll say free, but will only download the activation file. Chapters 1-5 are separate items and will not show up as free (with no plus update) until you select them and go to the section to download/buy then the price in the top corner stated as free, each is under 500MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Looks like the US PS+ is getting GoW: Ghost of Sparta demo next week. Really hoping we get this aswell. It's the only PSP game I'm looking forward to.

the plus section on psn is updated properly now.

So the ufc dlc and themes are now there, as is the full trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Sam and Max is brilliant! I'm very surprised at how good it is, and to think I didn't even download the trial of it when it first came out. PS+ is working out very well for me so far. Vector TD is really good too, I'm a fan of tower defense games and Vector TD has an interesting take on some of the usual gameplay mechanics you see in such games.

Next month isn't as good for me as I already had Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, but the 50% discounts on Gravity Crash and Hustle Kings work out well. I'm interested to try out Hustle Kings with the PS Move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I'll get behind that! Plus is working out great for me, I play Zen Pinball multiplayer with my mate loads, the trials are all great and I'v nearly bought SF remix about ten times over the last few months so now I'm getting for free feels like a huge win :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Much better this month the fish tank is nice, Playing sam and max and even though im not sure what to do it does look fun. But Abe's odyssey is still brilliant, i had forgotten how good it was i used to love it. Still find the farts funny too :D

But old games are bloody hard i used to be able to clear that game no problem, now im stuck on the first mission !! Either im rubbish at games now or i was awesome as a kid !

Sam & Max is actually fairly good. Taught it was going to be muck but I find myself enjoying the first episode.
    Is it sort of slow for everyone else aswell? Like when you press triangle to activate max there's a bit of lag or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Sam & Max is actually fairly good. Taught it was going to be muck but I find myself enjoying the first episode.
    Is it sort of slow for everyone else aswell? Like when you press triangle to activate max there's a bit of lag or something?
    Why would you think Sam & Max would be anything other than awesome? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Pro evo demo on the 8th looking forward to that. Hope they have fixed it im sick of not having a footy game to play. The last few Pro evo's have been so bad that people have started to think FIFA is actually good !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hope they have fixed it im sick of not having a footy game to play.
    They say they have it fixed every year, fifa is clearly the better game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Pro evo demo on the 8th looking forward to that. Hope they have fixed it im sick of not having a footy game to play. The last few Pro evo's have been so bad that people have started to think FIFA is actually good !!!

FIFA is actually good now. Was reading an article in Edge there last year with the new head of the FIFA franchise and he was explaining how they were rebuilding the game from the ground up from 08 on and that 10 was the culmination of those efforts. 10 is excellent, and I think it's been a good few years since anyone could claim the Pro Evo is definitively better than FIFA. At least they've made efforts to improve the FIFA engine whereas Pro Evo seems to have not changed in about 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sam and Max and a dynamic fish tank :eek: This is paying for itself already!

CC

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta up on the PlayStation Plus section now.

Get downloading, lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta up on the PlayStation Plus section now.

Get downloading, lads ;)

Sweet. Something to look forward to when I get home from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Great news , going to download it now:D .

Edit: My god thats a big download 3 gigs worth :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2010/10/6/european_playstation_plus_content_announced/
    Check out all of the great content European PlayStation Plus subscribers will be getting access to over the course of October and November, below:
    October 6th – November 2nd PlayStation Plus Content:

PSN:

* Street Fighter 2 HD Remix

minis:

* Aero Racing
    * Yeti Sports

PSOne Classic:

* Kula World

Full Game Trial:

* Ferrari The Race Experience
    * Tomb Raider Underworld

Exclusive Discounts:

* Burn Zombie Burn – 50% discount
    * Trine – 50% discount
    * Alien Breed: Impact – 20% discount
    * Gravity Crash – 50% discount
    * Ace Armstrong Vs. The Alien Scumbags – 20% – day 1 discount
    * Shatter soundtrack and Dynamic Theme – 50% discount

Dynamic Themes:

Exclusive Move ‘Start the Party’ theme Exclusive ‘Halloween’ theme

Premium avatars:

* Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avatars
    * SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars
    * Exclusive Plus Halloween avatars
    * Burn Zombie Burn PlayStation Home item

“As before, you can rest assured that this is just the beginning; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming in October and November.”
    3rd November – 30th November PlayStation Plus Content:

PSN:

* Critter Crunch

minis:

* Bloons
    * Vempire

PSOne Classic:

* Syphon Filter

Full Game Trial:

* To be confirmed

Exclusive Discounts:

* Penny Arcade Parts 1 and 2 (buy one, get one free)
    * Death Track (with Anarchy Racing bundled in free)
    * Punisher: No Mercy (50%)
    * Landit Bandit – 50% discount

Dynamic themes:

* Exclusive MUBI Theme
    * Exclusive Shapes Theme

Premium avatars:

* To be confirmed

“As you can see, the November list isn’t quite complete because we are working on a couple of surprises that we hope to be able to announce this time next month. Keep your suggestions coming in – we are listening and we always do what we can.”

I thought Syphon Filter was this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nice, haven't played Critter Crunch yet

The Halloween theme is really good by the way.... GHOST!!!!!

Anyone who wanted street fighter has it by now and there are no trophies, it's also kinda ****e (not a big Fighting Game fan in general).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone who wanted street fighter has it by now and there are no trophies, it's also kinda ****e (not a big Fighting Game fan in general).
    /wanders off to get fire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Have SFII already but interested in Critter Crunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

So the PS Blog was updated earlier with some info about the Killzone 3 beta and some other content that's coming out tomorrow and next week.

The Killzone 3 Beta theme will go up at 8PM our time. Hopefully plenty of we Boardsies will get in.

However, that's not all we're getting tomorrow. All (ALL!) of the Fallout 3 DLC is being released for free to PSN+ subscribers. The first 3 DLC packs will be up for one week, and then they will be taken down on the 20th and the last 2 packs will go up until the 27th. As someone who owns Fallout 3 but none of the DLC I'm chuffed about this! Remember that when it comes to DLC that you get with PS+, you get to keep it forever, even if you don't resubscribe.

We're also getting a Hustle Kings game trial/50% discount (the game has Move support if that interests you) and an exclusive multiplayer demo of Split/Second: Velocity.

All in all I have to say October went from an alright update to one that beat the awesome September update for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I think i may subscribe....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

GothPunk wrote: »
    So the PS Blog was updated earlier with some info about the Killzone 3 beta and some other content that's coming out tomorrow and next week.

The Killzone 3 Beta theme will go up at 8PM our time. Hopefully plenty of we Boardsies will get in.

However, that's not all we're getting tomorrow. All (ALL!) of the Fallout 3 DLC is being released for free to PSN+ subscribers. The first 3 DLC packs will be up for one week, and then they will be taken down on the 20th and the last 2 packs will go up until the 27th. As someone who owns Fallout 3 but none of the DLC I'm chuffed about this! Remember that when it comes to DLC that you get with PS+, you get to keep it forever, even if you don't resubscribe.

We're also getting a Hustle Kings game trial/50% discount (the game has Move support if that interests you) and an exclusive multiplayer demo of Split/Second: Velocity.

All in all I have to say October went from an alright update to one that beat the awesome September update for me. :D

i dont even lime killzone but to make sure i get it will i wait on psn menu few minutes before 8pm then exackly 8 click the psn plus section?..or do i wait on the xmb and go to psn store then plus section?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'd wait on the XMB til 8 o'clock... Jaysus, this is already turning into a sprint...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Great news about the Fallout 3 DLC. I never got around to buying it myself and now I don't have too :D

Great news about the Fallout 3 DLC. I never got around to buying it myself and now I don't have too :D

Have a reason to go for the platinum now, all the bug are fixed right?

Is there some change in time difference for Australian it should be 7am no 6am right?

8pm here = 7am AUS, do they get the update an hour earlier or what.

Varik wrote: »
    Have a reason to go for the platinum now, all the bug are fixed right?

You'll be in for a shock if you think the DLC fixes the bugs. The last part of Broken Steel takes forever to do because the screen keeps freezing. Save the game every 10 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

The Fallout DLC just made me feel a whole lot better about subscribing. Up to this point nothing really blew me away with plus, this is great!

When is it up, today?
    And the Killzone beta is tonight right?

You'll be in for a shock if you think the DLC fixes the bugs. The last part of Broken Steel takes forever to do because the screen keeps freezing. Save the game every 10 minutes or so.

Never said that the DLC would fixed the bugs, but the time the games has been out may have fixed something i gave up at the big robot fight at the end as it kept freezing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's great their giving away all that DLC, and as a HUGE fallout fan I have no problem saying the DLC is buggy crap. Especially Operation: Anchorage, it's torture playing through it... Enjoy! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement