Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

RangeR wrote: »
    First party titles are a definite for PS+. It doesn't really cost Sony anything.

Sure costs Sony nothing these games are being given away by developers before new online content or sequels are released to bump interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

kristok 2 wrote: »
    Sure costs Sony nothing these games are being given away by developers before new online content or sequels are released to bump interest.

Yeah it makes complete sense for developers and studios. New sales of 12+ month old games must be pretty minimal. Get those games out for free on PS+ and make money on the DLC. I know I've supported a number of PS+ games with DLC (Sleeping Dogs being the most recent) which I might not have done had I paid 30 quid for the game.

Ps 3

From playstation ireland facebook

Kingdoms of amalur: reckoning
    Deamons souls
    Ico and shadow of colossus hd

Ps vita

Rahman origins
    Coconut dodge hd

Anyone else underwhelmed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Ps 3

Deamons souls

Ps vita

Rahman origins
    Coconut dodge hd

Underwhelmed? You must be trolling sir.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Underwhelmed? You must be trolling sir.

Rayman and coconut dodge ill give a miss and ico and shadow ill give a go see how they are in hd never heard of the other two

• Advertisement

Rayman and coconut dodge ill give a miss and ico and shadow ill give a go see how they are in hd never heard of the other two

I have to agree the vita games have been pretty weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Why are you giving Rayman a miss? It's a brilliant game.

Whether you heard of them or not doesn't really matter, Demon Souls is one of the best games of this generation. It's not for everyone I suppose but if you like a very challenging and rewarding game then it's for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have to agree the vita games have been pretty weak.

Really? I don't have a Vita myself but with all the games they have put up on the service I really want one. It seems as though they have put all the best games up for free like WipeOut, Uncharted, Rayman Origins plus games like Thomas Was Alone.

Really? I don't have a Vita myself but with all the games they have put up on the service I really want one. It seems as though they have put all the best games up for free like WipeOut, Uncharted, Rayman Origins plus games like Thomas Was Alone.

I dont own one either. I'm talking about AAA games. Yes Uncharted was one. I dunno maybe because there is a lack of big title games on the vita right now. But still I am enticed enough to get a Vita someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The Vita selection hasn't been bad at all! in fact, considering I've only ever bought one game, I'm really happy with my Vita's catalog!

Gotten Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat, Uncharted, Virtue's Last Reward, Rayman Origins, MGS HD and some great little titles like Sine Mora and Thomas was alone. Ok, maybe I'm not as hardcore a gamer as some others here, but I've always had something to play on it and if I get bored of a game, I always have another game to try (usually 2 or 3!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ps 3

Deamons souls

Ps vita

Rahman origins
    Coconut dodge hd

The ps3 line up is great, ico is a classic, amalur was quite decent, also noted as being distinct and demons souls is talked about all the time and rated highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Underwhelmed at free awesome games?!? :confused: Some people are never happy.

Sure its probably not the best month in PS+ terms, but all next months games bundled together for €50 would tempt some people, included me!

I cant wait to play Rayman and Demon souls.

..and Shadow of the colossus is a must play game.

Underwhelmed...:rolleyes: Seriously?! Even if this months has nothing you want to play I Guarantee you probably have a game from PS+ in your back catalogue, finish that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'm talking about AAA games. Yes Uncharted was one.

I would rate Rayman Origins above Uncharted. Simpy a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Vyse wrote: »
    I would rate Rayman Origins above Uncharted. Simpy a great game.

I would have it in the top 3 Vita games.

It's been proven time and again that you can't please some people. They seem to complain simply for the sake of it. They are paying €5 a month and getting 6 or so free games and its not good enough for them. Bet its the same people who complain that netflix is a rip off but have no problem spending €100 on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's been proven time and again that you can't please some people. They seem to complain simply for the sake of it. They are paying €5 a month and getting 6 or so free games and its not good enough for them. Bet its the same people who complain that netflix is a rip off but have no problem spending €100 on a night out.

Or have no problem buying an Xbox 12 month gold subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Or have no problem buying an Xbox 12 month gold subscription.

And REALLY get nothing for that subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Rayman Origins has been by far my most played game on the Vita. I have the cart for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The vita is really struggling, so I am downloading the games in the hope they will slash the price soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is it worth getting ps + just for the vita. I don't have a ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I'd say yes. think about it, for 50 euros, you're gonna get at least 24 games for it, as well as cloud saving ability. They aren't afraid to give top qualities titles too, Gravity Rush was one of the biggest games when PS+ hit the Vita and it came with Uncharted in the first month.

I'd have got it, and if you do, get the PS3 games too in case you ever pick one up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Do you ever plan on getting a PS3, any Ps3 games you get and add to your account would be there later if you did get one.

On paper it's still better value to get plus but it depends a whole lot more on how many games you want to get and how many of those show up on plus. I'd say it would be good but also add any PS3 games it offers to your account (free) just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

For this month, did a gun, contracts pass and a skin come with Hitman, or did I accidentally buy them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Benzino wrote: »
    For this month, did a gun, contracts pass and a skin come with Hitman, or did I accidentally buy them?

We did get some extras and they sound familiar - check your email, you get an email confirmation anytime you buy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got them in my downloads list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Months nearly through and I'm still trying to get hitman downloaded, curse Irish internet !

Ah cool, thank!

Yeah I've been trying to download hitman, but it keeps saying I don't have enough space, despite the system saying there is 24GB free and the download is only 17Gb :/

Edit: Bah I forgot about the stupid system of needing twice the size free in order to download and install. Guess I will have to finish inFamous 2 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Benzino wrote: »
    Ah cool, thank!

Yeah I've been trying to download hitman, but it keeps saying I don't have enough space, despite the system saying there is 24GB free and the download is only 17Gb :/

Edit: Bah I forgot about the stupid system of needing twice the size free in order to download and install. Guess I will have to finish inFamous 2 first.

My 60gb PS3 starts to feel very damn small lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

My recommendation is ALWAYS, if you are a PS+ subscriber, get at least a 1TB HDD. You may not need it now but you will need it very soon. Better to go through the pain now, before you have a full drive as there is no way to transfer without two PS3's.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    My recommendation is ALWAYS, if you are a PS+ subscriber, get at least a 1TB HDD. You may not need it now but you will need it very soon. Better to go through the pain now, before you have a full drive as there is no way to transfer without two PS3's.

Was thinking about doing that. Currently I just "purchase" the game so I can download it at a later date. Then just delete the game I've finished playing.

Shame you can't use an external HDD to install the games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement