Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wonder if there is a chance of Disgeae 3 coming back up on ps vita again. I was not a member of awesome PS+ club when it poped up :(

As far as I remember it only made it to the US version of PS+ and not the EU one so there's a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I wonder if there is a chance of Disgeae 3 coming back up on ps vita again. I was not a member of awesome PS+ club when it poped up :(

This definitely didn't hit EU shores so it could happen yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

RangeR wrote: »
    If it appeared on Ps+ before, your chances are slim. Not impossible, but slim. they haven't repeated a PS+ IGC so far, in it's inaugural 12 months.

Don't you mean in 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

theUbiq wrote: »
    Don't you mean in 3 years?

The current setup where you have the Instant Game Collection is 1 year old, but plus is indeed older.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yup, specifically talking about the IGC. It's just about a year old. Happy birthday, free games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just saw Demons Souls is available next month. What a fvcking awesome game. I'm actually quite jealous of the people that get to experience this for the first time. Wonder how many will actually finish it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Not many i'll bet! what a game...not exactly forgiving is it

I don't like "boss" games. I might give it a try but can see me putting it down after the first one or two bosses. I like a game with a story. I don't like a game where I have to grind. Grinding's not fun, if it's in a video game. Real life grinding can be fun.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

when are the next round of games coming out? do the ps3 and vita games come out at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    when are the next round of games coming out? do the ps3 and vita games come out at the same time?

Try reading the thread first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Here ya go pal http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/15/playstation-plus-your-june-update/

Although the thread really does need some sort of FAQ at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Seriously good month coming up. I have Demons Souls already, but I've never played ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Kingdoms of Amalur looks ok too, but I can't see my self playing too much of it, I still haven't finished sleeping dogs and I've only played two levels of Hitman.

In fact my PS+ library is starting to look a lot like my disc library, lots and lots of half or less finished games.

EGriff wrote: »
    In fact my PS+ library is starting to look a lot like my disc library, lots and lots of half or less finished games.

Jeebus, most of my games haven't been run even once :( Time is just not on my side.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Although the thread really does need some sort of FAQ at the start

You put one together and I'll put it into op.

I want the answers too, don't just give me a list of questions.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You put one together and I'll put it into op.

I want the answers too, don't just give me a list of questions.

Lazy Sod :)

For consideration The FAQ.

I got lazy towards the end and just started copying from other FAQS:)
    Feel free to add.

What is Playstation Plus [PS+]?
    PS+ is a subscription service from Sony Playstation. You pay monthly, quarterly or yearly to become a member. While maintaining member status you get the following...

How much does it cost and are subscriptions stackable?
    Subs are stackable and there are often deals. So if you see a good deal, say 15 months for the price of 12, feel free to purchase a year or two extra. As of May 2013, the price of a subscription is

90 days @ €14.99
    1 Year @ €49.99

Instant Games Collection
    Get top rated games every month for your PS3 and PS Vita. Some months vary but there could be up to six free games each month. Some of the games released on IGC are Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Hitman: Absolution, Sine MoraJoe Danger 2 : The movie

Money Saving Discounts
    Each month there are hundreds of euro off many titles. What's not to like?

Exclusive access to game demos and betas
    Get access to demos and betas a few weeks before the general population. Bask in their envy.

60 minute full game trials
    Most recent games are available for digital download. A lot of them are available to download and try out. These are not demos but the FULL GAME. Play as you like for up to 60 minutes. After your 60 minutes are up you will have to purchase the game to continue. If you choose to purchase the game, you can continue where you left off. Your save game remains intact. Regardless on whether you chose to purchase it or not, any trophies earned are yours to keep forever. The 60 minutes starts from when you first run the game. The clock doesn't stop ticking if you close the game before 60 minutes. You can only download these once.

Free Themes and Avatars
    Every month you get a selection of free themes and avatars. I'm struggling to get excited about that.

Online Storage for games saves
    Save all of your game saves in Sony's cloud space. You get 1GB for PS3 saves and 1GB for PS Vita saves. Wow. Upload and download as you wish. Be warned, some games even have DRM on these saves and limit when you can upload, download or use after downloading. From personal experience, Deus Ex: Human Revolution has such DRM.

Automatic software updates
    Trophy synchronisation, game update data, video files and the latest system software update data can be automatically downloaded and installed according to the time period you set.

When are new games released for IGC?
    Most games are refreshed every month. Old games fall off and new games are added. In it's first year Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse were available for the full 12 months. they are due to be replaced in June 2013.

Sony usually announces what is going to be available up to 1 month in advance. Usually games are added on the first Wednesday of the month.

What happens if I stop being a member and, more importantly, if I re-subscribe at a later date will I still have access to all of my old games?
    If you don't renew your subscription, you lose access to everything you had with PS+. You can no longer avail of cloud saves, automatic updates, discounts and you can no longer play any free games that you downloaded while a member. If you PURCHASED something while being a member, that is yours to keep forever. Upon renewal of your subscription you will get access to your PlayStation Plus games. We recommend you take advantage of automatic renewal to ensure you don't miss out.

Does PlayStation Plus have an age limit?
    You must be 18 years old to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription.

Where can I see how long I have left on my PlayStation Plus subscription?
    You can see how long your current subscription has to run by visiting PlayStation®Network > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] > [Services List] > [PlayStation®Plus] on the PlayStation 3 system's XMB Menu.

More Info
    Sony Playstation Plus
    PSN Store online
    Official PS+ FAQ
    Official PS3 Blog
    The Sixth Axis

Lazy Sod :)

Lazy?

I copy/pasted your post and none of the formatting followed.
    Neither did the links - had to re-do them too.

Lazy indeed, hmmph. :)

I am ridicoulsly lazy though.

ah, I could have emailed you the edited post with bbcode. no bothers. Lazy is lazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If I subscribe now, will I get all the old games?
    No. You'll just get the games currently available and the ones available going forward.

Do I have to download all the games now?
    No. all you have to do is add them to your trolley and go through the checkout process so they're in your download list. So even when they're gone from the IGC, you can still download them whenever you want (as long as you're subscribed).

I only have a Vita/PS3 so I don't need the games for the other system
    Even if you only have one of the consoles, add all the games to the download list anyway. You never know, you may be tempted to get the console later on with all these games to play on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Okay....the change to the name of the thread seems weird and it looks confusing now....

It used to say "Playstation Plus Discussion Thread" but now it reads as "Playstation and Discussion Thread".

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If I subscribe now, will I get all the old games?
    No. You'll just get the games currently available and the ones available going forward.

Do I have to download all the games now?
    No. all you have to do is add them to your trolley and go through the checkout process so they're in your download list. So even when they're gone from the IGC, you can still download them whenever you want (as long as you're subscribed).

I only have a Vita/PS3 so I don't need the games for the other system
    Even if you only have one of the consoles, add all the games to the download list anyway. You never know, you may be tempted to get the console later on with all these games to play on it.

Added to op.
    Okay....the change to the name of the thread seems weird and it looks confusing now....

It used to say "Playstation Plus Discussion Thread" but now it reads as "Playstation and Discussion Thread".

Fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fantastic month, but absolutely no use to me. I have them all. Amazing for people who don't have those games, though.

Got worried for a second there. Was looking through my download list on the SEN store and some games seemed to be not appearing properly. Like Sleeping Dogs didn;t have its icon and the link to the game page was dead. And when I did a search in the store it wasn't showing as purchased.

But tried through the PS3 and am still able to download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Yup, specifically talking about the IGC. It's just about a year old. Happy birthday, free games.

Pretty sure they gave free games out from the beginning... 3 years ago when I signed up. the instant game collection was a rebadging of the existing service to appease the masses after those cnuts from anonymous hacked the psn. Anyway, you should play demons souls so I can invade your game and murder you... remember, your character should always be in human form when playing online!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

theUbiq wrote: »
    Pretty sure they gave free games out from the beginning... 3 years ago when I signed up. the instant game collection was a rebadging of the existing service to appease the masses after those cnuts from anonymous hacked the psn. Anyway, you should play demons souls so I can invade your game and murder you... remember, your character should always be in human form when playing online!

Yeah I think I got LBP & Dead Nation when it was first launched. A 3 month free trial if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They gave out free games but often these tended to be smaller PSN games. Personally I think I may have preferred that system (although wasn't complaining when they gave us Sleeping Dogs & Mortal Kombat!)

IGC was a commitment to release a set number of retail games on the system. It was definitely more than just a rebadging.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yeah I think I got LBP & Dead Nation when it was first launched. A 3 month free trial if I remember correctly.

LBP and Dead nation were part of the Welcome back package. They weren't tied to Plus. I got the same games.

But I think I saw in the list of games received by Plus subscribers so far, they had Back to the Future. I didn't get that and I joined after E3 last year so they must've been giving free stuff before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I logged on to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games downloaded a free game Joe Danger the movie and the PS3 never downloaded it ? I had to then start the PS3 up and do it myself. Not very reliable.

There are quite a few games for free on PS Plus but I have been a lot of them to date. Is there an easy way to spot them visually every week/month ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I logged on to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games downloaded a free game Joe Danger the movie and the PS3 never downloaded it ? I had to then start the PS3 up and do it myself. Not very reliable.

There are quite a few games for free on PS Plus but I have been a lot of them to date. Is there an easy way to spot them visually every week/month ?
    Are you not downloading them from the Playstation Store? From the instant game collection or am I picking you up wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

you can't download them from the website, only buy them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

If you mean what I think you mean you need to turn on your PS3 to start the download or have automatic downloads set up.

To keep up to date with what games are being added check out the EU Playstation Blog or follow it if you use twitter. Or just keep an eye on this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement