Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

You should be able to add them to your download queue which will automatically download them whenever you switch on the PS3. The last firmware added that feature did it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ShaneU wrote: »
    you can't download them from the website, only buy them.

You can push them to download, which will either download when you PS3 does its automatic update or the next time you turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

There were two games that I added to the cart last night. I went to purchase and then added both to the download queue. When I started the PS3 this morning I got the notice that only one was downloaded and installed. I had to download and install Joe Danger 2 the movie myself. I don't know why the PS3 didn't do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Freaked I can't download PSN+ games early today. Still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I usually wait until tomorrow morning.

The PS Store interface has been horrible since they changed it, and it only gets worse on Wednesdays when they update.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I don't possess your patience.
    *neuroticaly refreshes psn blog*

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't possess your patience.
    *neuroticaly refreshes psn blog*

The blog always updates at 3PM.
    The store usually updates around 12, but they're late today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

aindriu80 wrote: »
    There were two games that I added to the cart last night. I went to purchase and then added both to the download queue. When I started the PS3 this morning I got the notice that only one was downloaded and installed. I had to download and install Joe Danger 2 the movie myself. I don't know why the PS3 didn't do it ?

If the download + install goes over the 2 hours assigned, it won't download anything else, instead waiting till the next 2 hour slot to do it. I imagine the other game must have taken over the two hours to download

The PS Store interface has been horrible since they changed it,.

Using the website is much handier. I just "purchase" all the games from there now and never go near the store on the console.

Oh and you can now access the PSN store website on your mobile browser although its not a proper mobile version it still works well enough.

• Advertisement

Its quite unfortunate that Demon Souls servers closed early this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Says on the store ICO/SoTC is 7.7GB but its really only 1.7
    Very fast download too, which is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Scylla wrote: »
    Says on the store ICO/SoTC is 7.7GB but its really only 1.7
    Very fast download too, which is rare.

It has added 2 entries to my download list for this, ICO is 1.7GB and SoTC is 6GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

RoryMac wrote: »
    It has added 2 entries to my download list for this, ICO is 1.7GB and SoTC is 6GB

Ah damn :(

Didnt know it was 3d too, i better get lookin for the glasses.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Its quite unfortunate that Demon Souls servers closed early this year.
    Did they close them in the end? I thought they agreed to keep them running with the advent of the digital download becoming available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Oh so it is still on. Praise the Sun! ( I've only played Dark Souls so I dont know much Demon Souls reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see someone asked on the blog about the annual game update and got the reply saying there'll be a separate post about that. Didn't say when though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see someone asked on the blog about the annual game update and got the reply saying there'll be a separate post about that. Didn't say when though.

E3 [2 weeks?], more than likely.

With maybe an expansion coverage of how PS+ integrates with PS4. Will we get to see backward comparability [play PS3 on PS4] via their cloud gaming platform, even for selected titles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

E3 announcement makes sense.

Sony "We have a drm model like MS"
    Crowd "Booooooourns"
    Sony " Heres even more free games for PS+"
    Crowd " Yaaaaaayyy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sheehy83 wrote: »

Crowd "Booooooourns"
    Crowd " Yaaaaaayyy

"We will not be bought by your free g... Ooooh is that a Timesplitters HD Trilogy as part of this month's update? What DRM?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'd say it's pretty nailed on that it will be during their E3 press conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Downloading ICO and SotC right now! I'm sitting here....just staring at the install bar.....at 21% now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

oh....24%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My dog won't stop barking at Ico, thus ruining my evening.

started downloading Reckoning at 4 just started playing 2 hours ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sheehy83 wrote: »

Crowd "Booooooourns"
    Crowd " Yaaaaaayyy

As much as I appreciate the PS Plus offerings recently, the pedant in me - because there's no more pedantic time of the week than a Thursday morning - feels obliged to point out that theoretically the 'free' Plus games are wrapped in more restrictive DRM and future uncertainty than anything Microsoft has yet proposed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As much as I appreciate the PS Plus offerings recently, the pedant in me - because there's no more pedantic time of the week than a Thursday morning - feels obliged to point out that theoretically the 'free' Plus games are wrapped in more restrictive DRM and future uncertainty than anything Microsoft has yet proposed :pac:

Fair point. But really... what IS your point. PS+ is just a glorified rental system. We don't own the "free"games. We are just renting them. Sony need a facility to take those rentals back after subs lapse. Without that DRM, do you think people would just delete the games when they stop paying?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RangeR wrote: »
    Fair point. But really... what IS your point. PS+ is just a glorified rental system. We don't own the "free"games. We are just renting them. Sony need a facility to take those rentals back after subs lapse. Without that DRM, do you think people would just delete the games when they stop paying?

Not really making any point in particular, merely that we'll happily accept pretty restrictive levels of DRM when there's some sort of reward! As long as we're all aware that it is indeed a glorified rental system, and that if five years hence 'our' copies of Ico HD may be completely inaccessible... But Sony have hit on a workable model, based on immediate reward rather than a completely future proof and ownership based one. Again, the immediate rewards are increasingly large, so the limitations are increasingly acceptable.

Steam are far more comparable to Microsoft's aims, and no-one gets up in arms about their restrictions. Microsoft definitely need to make damn sure they provide a service that somehow justifies their controls the way Steam do, though. All we can do is wait and see what counterattack Sony have planned!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement