Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

All these new demon's souls players are great, it's hilarious to see them flailing around as I break all their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

RangeR wrote: »
    Obviously, all your saves are in the cloud? :)

What size HDD is your other PS3? If 500GB+, you could reball your fooked one, then just transfer via cable.

Not sure how to get my cloud saves to work on the second ps3 I can see them there but how do I transfer them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Not sure how to get my cloud saves to work on the second ps3 I can see them there but how do I transfer them?

On the save file you want, press triangle and copy - it should put it onto you ps3 save files,

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Between Steam and PS+ I will never catch up on all the games I have. Been taking all the games on PS+ since Christmas and haven't even had time to start playing them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The dreaded red light of death has struck my PS3 with my 500gb HD with all my play station plus goodies on it and my demons and dark souls and Skyrim saves! Gonna swap the hd over to my other ps3 format and get downloading this weekend!

Imagine when this starts happening people when the PS3's online services have been ceased. Bye bye games :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

EnterNow wrote: »
    Imagine when this starts happening people when the PS3's online services have been ceased. Bye bye games :(

Shouldn't be for many a moon though, right? reassure me here LOL.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Shouldn't be for many a moon though, right? reassure me here LOL.

Ah I'd say it'll be a good while yet, but like the original Xbox, the marketplace/psn won't be supported on those consoles forever. It's what puts me off buying much digital content, at least a physical copy can be played on a replacement console in the future, a digital copy, dies with the machine once the marketplace is gone as there'll be no way to redownload already purchased content.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Sure at that stage you'll be buying the games for a euro in car boot sales

kristok 2 wrote: »
    Sure at that stage you'll be buying the games for a euro in car boot sales

Oh I hope so, but games tend to go up in value over time depending on rarity/demand/following etc. So while I think PS+ is a really, really great model...I wouldn't consider the games I get from it as being part of my collection, more extended rentals. But as a mostly single player, offline gamer...I'm fully converted to believing PS+ blows XBL out of the water.

I'm also leaning heavily towards the PS4 over the XBO, & will continue to be a PS+ subscriber for a long time to come if they keep running it the way they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had to upgrade a 500GB drive to 1TB, it took all yesterday to back-up and it looks like it'll take all today.

Will have to do it again as I put the 500GB in another PS3 and will have to copy everything to that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So any word on what games we'll be getting next month, yeah im ravenous for more lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No word but if I was to take a guess.. I'd say an Uncharted game will definitely be there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing though Hitman Absolution from last month and it just isn't working for me. It's functional, sure, but the mechanics seem a little insipid and there's a lot of pointless sneaking to work through before you hit the actual elaborate assassinations. But more than anything it's the underlying sexism - or at least regrettable ignorance - that makes me really uncomfortable. Is there really any need for the main title screen to feature a woman in a shower? Well, there's a vague narrative one, but whatever, it's far from the only scene in the game that indulges in some adolescent male fantasies. I assume Feminist Frequency is going to have a field day over this somewhere along the line!

Yes, Im aware of the double standards of calling out a hyperviolent game about a cold-blooded assassin for sexism :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Feminist Frequency already called it out (maybe not specifically by name, but in a video montage) as Victoria is a Damsel in Distress.

I enjoyed Absolution. Didn't notice the sexism, but I did question the nuns though. Seemed to be dressed up for the sake of it. You'd think a crack group of assassins or whatever they were would be less conspicuous.

Just noticed that my darksiders game had expired. Never realized some of the games are timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It shouldn't expire. Next time you try to access it it should work and then the expiration date will change.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It shouldn't expire. Next time you try to access it it should work and then the expiration date will change.

Nope definatly expired. Tried to start it and got a content is expired. Went to the store and Its up there for 3.99 I think. I uninstalled it, maybe ill try and reinstall tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The dreaded red light of death has struck my PS3 with my 500gb HD with all my play station plus goodies on it and my demons and dark souls and Skyrim saves! Gonna swap the hd over to my other ps3 format and get downloading this weekend!
    The cloud backup is the reason I signed up to PS+ in the first place. My old PS went tits up and I lost many many hours of gran turismo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yeah, the cloud backup for game saves is a god send

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope definatly expired. Tried to start it and got a content is expired. Went to the store and Its up there for 3.99 I think. I uninstalled it, maybe ill try and reinstall tonight

Yeah that should work. I remember a game I had expired and I started downloading again, but cancelled. Went to look at it again and the date had updated to the new date.
    Was the expiry date the same date as your previous sub expired?

• Advertisement

Is there a way to do a bulk upload of all saves or do you have to go in and upload them individually?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is there a way to do a bulk upload of all saves or do you have to go in and upload them individually?

When you are at the save data utility. press triangle and you should have an option for copy multiple with a psn+ on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Has your subs lapsed, ever? That used to be a possible threat to losing stuff. It's not anymore [I don't know from what date. Sony updated their T's & C's but never publicised it]

There is a known issue with their PSN Shop. At times, it "forgets" what you own. Sony Customer Support are VERY slow to acknowledge this fact. It happened to me three or four times. After weeks of phone calls [per issue] they THEN said, oh yeah... THAT problem only affects 0.001% of all our customers. I got the impression that they weren't going to fix it as they refunded my wallet and said "sure purchase it again". My cries of "What happens when it happens again?" went with, "did you not see the 0.001% failure rate" by SCEE? To which I replied, did you miss the bit where THIS IS THE FORTH TIME IT HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!

I haven't purchased anything since, other than PS+. for this reason and others.

No I've had auto renewal since day 1

I was reading Limbo is cross buy for Vita. Anyone with a Vita want to confirm the version received through PS+ now includes the Vita version?
    I don't own a Vita, but am just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was reading Limbo is cross buy for Vita. Anyone with a Vita want to confirm the version received through PS+ now includes the Vita version?
    I don't own a Vita, but am just curious

Looks like it is just from logging into my SEN account on a PC - it's showing up as €12.99 on the Vita when I'm logged out but free when I'm logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

E3 sale starting today

Valid 5th to 19th June:
    inFAMOUS 2 Character Skin Pack
    Was €1.99 /£1.59, now € 0.99/£0.79

inFAMOUS 2 Powers Pack
    Was €2.99/£2.39, now €1.49/£1.19

inFAMOUS 2 Weapons Pack
    Was €2.99/£2.39, now €1.49/£1.19

inFAMOUS
    Was €14.99/£10.99, now €9.99/£7.99

inFAMOUS 2
    Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

inFAMOUS Collection
    Was €34.99/£28.49, now €17.99/£13.99

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – Full Game
    Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

PSN Picks: Killzone + inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
    Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Killzone 2 – Steel & Titanium Pack
    Was €5.99/£4.79, now €2.99/£2.39

Killzone 2 – Napalm & Cordite Pack
    Was €5.99/£4.79, now €2.99 /£2.39

Killzone 2 – Map Pack Bundle
    Was €12.99/£9.99, now €6.49/£5.19

Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
    Was €4.99/£3.99, now € 2.49/£1.99

Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack

Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
    Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Killzone 3 Multiplayer
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.49/£5.99

Killzone
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.49/£5.99

Valid 5th June to 12th June:
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Was €29.99/£19.99, now €14.99/£11.99

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Was €69.99/£57.99, now €49.99/£39.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Was €49.99/£39.99, now €24.99/£19.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    Was €69.99/£59.99, now €49.99/£34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Festival Of Blood for a fiver, sure why not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    E3 sale starting today

Valid 5th June to 12th June:
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

I picked that up in xtra-vision in Tallaght for E5 over the weekend.
    Still had an active online community - was a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone with Limbo on PS3 who got it via PS+ gets it free on the Vita - just downloading it now. It's 133mb for those struggling with their memory cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement