Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3 for one. But yes it does look too good to be true.

Ah yeah. There goes that theory.

But yes, I'm still doubtful.

Giving Battlefield 3 away for free as part of plus would be a major money maker for EA as quite a lot of people would grab some of the DLC available. It happened with Sleeping Dogs, in the weeks after it appeared on plus the amount of DLC being bought jumped way up. EA are also looking to drum up as much interest in Battlefield 4 as they can and this move would help them do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

XCom and U3 are both truly excellent games.
    Plus is knocking it out of the park.

Anyone played the karting?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Xcom is one of the best games I've played on Ps3. Maybe this is indicative of a big dlc for it or a sequel announcement at E3. Fingers truly crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There is loads of DLC for bf3, and its pretty expensive too. Great game though, I still play a few times a week and it came out over a year and a half ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Xcom is one of the best games I've played on Ps3. Maybe this is indicative of a big dlc for it or a sequel announcement at E3. Fingers truly crossed.
    Firaxis have said theres DLC on the way as early as January. They said at the BAFTAs that something was coming "soon"...

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Gah, got round to playing The Cave this week and now I'm stuck because of some bug in the game that doesn't let me pick up objects. Reading online that the only solution is to start again! Dunno am I bothered tbh even tho I was enjoying it. Pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cave is one of those Gems i usually wouldn't touch but really enjoyed it, Im about 2/3rds of the way through it

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Cave is one of those Gems i usually wouldn't touch but really enjoyed it, Im about 2/3rds of the way through it

I really wish I can enjoy it but I saw a review that spoiled the ending. I'm can't play it until I forgotten about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Played a bit of Demon Souls, not sure if I have the patience for it. I got killed by the boss in the tutorial, then went on to the first level. I was being really careful and made it as far as the dragon on the bridge when I died. Its an interesting game, seeing the ghosts of other players and reading their messages is cool, it seems like there's a lot of people playing it at the moment. I just don't know if I can stick it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Played a bit of Demon Souls, not sure if I have the patience for it. I got killed by the boss in the tutorial, then went on to the first level. I was being really careful and made it as far as the dragon on the bridge when I died. Its an interesting game, seeing the ghosts of other players and reading their messages is cool, it seems like there's a lot of people playing it at the moment. I just don't know if I can stick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Uncharted and gravity rush are now gone from the ps+ instant game collection. Are they replacing those with Rayman or do people think they will replace them with 2 other games like the recent ps3 change and Rayman is just the monthly deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    Why were you shocked?

Sorry in long delay. I assumed its something like. Xbox live subscription thing. I did nor knew that you just download and can play offline. If I knew I would have left ps3 downloading all games all night before moving :(. I swaped hdd the night before moving so lost all of games. At leas I managed to download amular.

Anyway, Ps+ is even better service then I though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sorry in long delay. I assumed its something like. Xbox live subscription thing. I did nor knew that you just download and can play offline. If I knew I would have left ps3 downloading all games all night before moving :(. I swaped hdd the night before moving so lost all of games. At leas I managed to download amular.

Anyway, Ps+ is even better service then I though!

Only exception is pre-loaded games, you need to be online for it to check the clock and enable when after the game is released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

Wait until you get scraped by another player.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My PS+ sub is up in a couple of weeks, anyone know any good deals on an annual subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Not ware of any. However, 3 year anniversary is rolling around at end of this month. They might have something then. Or over E3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Think I will be buting ps+ now. I was holding off since I plan on getting a ps4 pretty close to launch but since it carries over I see no reason to wait.

Think I will be buting ps+ now. I was holding off since I plan on getting a ps4 pretty close to launch but since it carries over I see no reason to wait.

Allegedly, PS+ mandatory for PS4. Still awaiting official confirmation but it was in small print on an official "fun" PS4 video yesterday. The "This is how you lend games" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RangeR wrote: »
    Allegedly, PS+ mandatory for PS4. Still awaiting official confirmation but it was in small print on an official "fun" PS4 video yesterday. The "This is how you lend games" one.

It is on the Official PlayStation Magazine website.

Also, a free PS4 game every month, from the start. Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

quick question, do we know if you'll be able to use the same PS+ subscription to go back and forth between PS3 & PS4, or will it be a case of you transfer it over to your PS4 it's only good for that console?
    and can games you've bought on PS+ via your PS3 transferable?

quick question, do we know if you'll be able to use the same PS+ subscription to go back and forth between PS3 & PS4, or will it be a case of you transfer it over to your PS4 it's only good for that console?
    and can games you've bought on PS+ via your PS3 transferable?
    It will work across all platforms; PSVita, PS3 and PS4 for the one subs price.
    Define Transferable? PS4 is not backward compatible but they did say [as I predicted a month or two ago :)] Their cloud gaming will have SOME PS3 games available to play on PS4 [emulation in the cloud, streamed to PS4].
    Otacon wrote: »

They will probably introduce the oft rumoured tiered system at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Otacon wrote: »

It's a really clever move. They know a ton of 360 owners will be moving over to the PS4 and we are used to paying a subscription for online.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    It's a really clever move. They know a ton of 360 owners will be moving over to the PS4 and we are used to paying a subscription for online.

They won't be moving on price. Maybe the DRM. The prioce of both are about the same. MS price includes the camera. PS4's price doesn't.

they are about the same price +-€10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is the eye that important for ps4 though? They said very little about it in any of the reveals that I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

EGriff wrote: »
    Is the eye that important for ps4 though? They said very little about it in any of the reveals that I saw.

Unlike the Xbone, the camera is not required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Keno 92 wrote: »

And they made the new controller fatter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,583 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i think Xcom is in the American PS+ , and not on the european one. I read the FAQ but am unsure can I ask if we have access to the American PS+ if I have a plus account ? I already have my american login for demos etc

2smiggy wrote: »
    i think Xcom is in the American PS+ , and not on the european one. I read the FAQ but am unsure can I ask if we have access to the American PS+ if I have a plus account ? I already have my american login for demos etc
    You will need to purchase a second subs on your american account. And even then, I'm not sure if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

2smiggy wrote: »

You're fine. X-Com is in the European one as well
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/07/playstation-plus-more-new-games-coming-your-way/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement