Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i subscribed to psn+ a few days ago so im new to it i wana know when does the plus section update on the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i subscribed to psn+ a few days ago so im new to it i wana know when does the plus section update on the store?

The start of each month on the same day/time the regular PSN updates.

Sometimes, like the Fallout DLC, they just add new things throughout the month. If you have Twitter, follow @PlayStationEU. They always keep you up to date.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    The start of each month on the same day/time the regular PSN updates.

Sometimes, like the Fallout DLC, they just add new things throughout the month. If you have Twitter, follow @PlayStationEU. They always keep you up to date.

cheers hope something good is out next month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cheers hope something good is out next month :D

Make sure to get the fallout dlc soon as it'll only be there this week cmopare to other stuff which is there for the 4 weeks.

There is more fallout DLC next week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Varik wrote: »
    Make sure to get the fallout dlc soon as it'll only be there this week cmopare to other stuff which is there for the 4 weeks.

Don't have to download it. Just attempt to download and cancel it. It will remain in your download list for the duration of your subscription.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    Don't have to download it. Just attempt to download and cancel it. It will remain in your download list for the duration of your subscription.

It's also important to note that the game trials usually disappear from the store after they are selected for download even if the download was not started or cancelled the file will be in you download list found at the top of the psn store on the right.

dont have fallout damn lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dont have fallout damn lol

So. Attempt the download, then cancel it. THEN if you EVER buy fallout, just download the DLC from your download list again. Otherwise, they will vanish off the store after a week.

I do this with all limited stuff and stuff that's only free for a short time. Quids in.

RangeR wrote: »
    So. Attempt the download, then cancel it. THEN if you EVER buy fallout, just download the DLC from your download list again. Otherwise, they will vanish off the store after a week.

I do this with all limited stuff and stuff that's only free for a short time. Quids in.

so if they put a price on it again ill still get it free if i do that?..thats cool :D

so if they put a price on it again ill still get it free if i do that?..thats cool :D

When you try to get it again you'll already own it so it only re-downloading the files

• Advertisement

Does anyone else have the halloween theme installed and starting to notice the differences as it gets closer to halloween day?

Does anyone else have the halloween theme installed and starting to notice the differences as it gets closer to halloween day?

Had the LBP one all the time will change now. got any pictures of the difference.

Had the LBP one all the time will change now. got any pictures of the difference.

I've had it on since it came out and as the days get closer to Halloween, ghosts start jumping up on the screen more regularly. A few weeks ago a ghost would pop up every ten minutes or so but now it's every 30 seconds. I'm wondering will something big happen on the 31st :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I've had it on since it came out and as the days get closer to Halloween, ghosts start jumping up on the screen more regularly. A few weeks ago a ghost would pop up every ten minutes or so but now it's every 30 seconds. I'm wondering will something big happen on the 31st :eek:

Why not just disconnect from the PSN and put your system clock forward to the 31st, save the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Next months aint great

PSN: Critter Crunch
    minis: Bloons
    Vempire
    PSOne Classic: Syphon Filter
    Full Game Trial: God of War I HD Remake
    God of War II HD Remake
    (Get an exclusive 20% off the God of War I & II collection)
    Red Faction Guerillla (later in the month)
    Discounts: Landit Bandit (50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
    Penny Arcade Parts 1 and 2 (buy one, get one free)
    Punisher: No Mercy (50% discount)
    Plus Demos: Vanquish Survival Mode Demo Exclusive to PS+ for two weeks. This is a new demo which will go onto store section and be available via push download.
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive MUBI Theme
    Exclusive Shapes Theme
    Dead Nation Dynamic Theme (free for Plus subscribers) available until January 2011
    Premium avatars: 2 x MAG Avatars
    And here is some of what you can expect to see from the 1st December – 5th January
    PSN: Cuboid
    minis: Bubble Trubble
    Dracula: Undead Awakening
    PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus
    Discounts: Punisher No Mercy (50%)
    Greed Corp 50%
    Dynamic themes: Exclusive Winter Theme
    Exclusive Lava Lamp Theme
    Premium avatars: Hustle Kings Avatars x 5 – Available for two weeks only from 8th Dec
    Dead Nation Avatars x 5 – Available for 2 weeks only

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Syphon Filter is one of those games I wish I hadn't revisited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never got the appeal of syphon filter when it was released. Just thought it was plain awful and the auto targetting just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I never got the appeal of syphon filter when it was released. Just thought it was plain awful and the auto targetting just stupid.

It's too easy.

I'd get behind that, SP was pure dirt.

The first PSP SP was awesome though. Great game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

"Required disk space for God of War Collection 18.2GB"

There goes your bandwith limit for the month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Very happy to see that Abe's Exodus is the PSOne game for next month, I never even played that one! Apart from that I own a lot of the other stuff for November and December (Critter Crunch and Cuboid are 2 of my favourite PSN releases), so I'm hoping the mid-month surprises are good. I doubt they can top the free Fallout 3 DLC though.
    flynner13 wrote: »
    "Required disk space for God of War Collection 18.2GB"

There goes your bandwith limit for the month!
    You have a bandwidth cap? What is this, 2005? :pac:

GothPunk wrote: »
    Very happy to see that Abe's Exodus is the PSOne game for next month, I never even played that one! Apart from that I own a lot of the other stuff for November and December (Critter Crunch and Cuboid are 2 of my favourite PSN releases), so I'm hoping the mid-month surprises are good. I doubt they can top the free Fallout 3 DLC though.

You have a bandwidth cap? What is this, 2005? :pac:

No, it sadly is twenty-ten and we have caps or not call caps but really still just a cap.

KZ3 beta for all plus members now!

We know how much you all love the extra little treats we give you during the month and this month is no exception!
    I was going to make you wait till the end of the post but I’m not that mean.
    The Killzone 3 Public Beta has been running for some time and has seen some great feedback from those Plus members lucky enough to have been sent a voucher code. A big thank you to everyone who has taken part so far!
    If you are not yet on the Killzone 3 Beta – I would like to bring you some good news!
    For a limited amount of time, you will be able to download the Beta straight from the PlayStation Plus section of the PS Store. We will not be sending emails or voucher codes for this; it will simply be available for you to download straight to your console.
    Please note that to take part you will need to have an active PlayStation Plus subscription and will need to be a resident in a country in which we operate an EU PlayStation Store – See http://eu.playstation.com for full details.
    And here are a few other little treats to keep you going till December.
    Today you will be receiving an exclusive 20% day one discount on the awesome Red Faction: Guerrilla. This title is new to the Store today but you guys are the only ones that get this discount and the ability to try the full game for 1 hour before you buy it, so make the most of it.
    Speaking of discounts there are two more in this mid month publish that you may enjoy. Get your hands on Crazy Taxi at a Plus exclusive 20% off and you also get buy one get one free on the minis titles ‘Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess‘ and ‘Who’s That Flying?!’
    If you’re a fan of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II then you’re in luck as we have managed to get you a dynamic theme based on the title and totally exclusive to you guys.
    Last but not least, if you own PlayTV then there is an upgrade launching today called ‘Live Chat Upgrade’. This will be available to buy on the Store from today and Plus members get another day one discount with an exclusive 25% off. This upgrade gives you some really cool social networking features including: Chat TV, Recommend TV, Community Favourites and a Premium Programme Guide with great search features. Check out all the new features here: eu.playstation.com/playtv

December and January content for Plus members:
    PSN: Cuboid

minis: Bubble Trubble
    Dracula: Undead Awakening

PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus

Exclusive Discounts: PlayTV Live Chat (25% discount) – valid until 6th July 2011
    Punisher No Mercy (50%) continues until Jan
    Greed Corp 50%
    Age of Hammer Wars (50%)
    Impossible Mission & Super Fruitfall Deluxe bundle (two for the price of one)
    Dead Nation Day One discount (20%)

Full Game Trial: Assassins Creed
    Prototype

Dynamic themes: Exclusive Winter Theme
    Exclusive Lava Lamp Theme x4 Colour variations
    Premium avatars: Dead Nation Avatars x2 exclusive from 8th Dec
    Hustle Kings Avatars x5 from 8th Dec

Premium Home Elements: From the 2nd of Dec. all Plus members will have access to an exclusive Private Members Club in PlayStation Home. Relax with friends, check out the latest Plus content and paly the exclusive Home card game ‘Shed’.

And here is some of what you can expect to see from the 5th January -
    PSN: Astrotipper

minis:*Brand New mini* Pipe Madness (2 weeks early, exclusively for Plus)
    Kahoots

PSOne Classic: Colony Wars

Exclusive Discounts: PlayTV Live Chat (25% discount) – valid until 6th July 2011
    Stardrone (PS3) – 20% – Day 1 discount
    Breath of Fire (PSP) – 40%
    Dark Stalkers’ Chronicals (PSP) – 40%
    Megaman Maveric Hunter (PSP) – 40%
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) – 20%
    Fate Unlimited (PSP) – 60%
    PowerStone Collection (PSP) – 40%
    Capcom Classics Reloaded (PSP) – 40%
    Capcom Classics Remixed (PSP) – 40%
    Capcom Puzzle World (PSP) – 40%
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP) – 40%
    MAG DLC Bundle – 50%
    Costume Quest and DLC bundle (20%)

Dynamic themes: Exclusive Fire Theme
    Exclusive ‘Year of the Rabbit’ Theme

Premium avatars: Eat Them Premium Avatars x5

Nothing really jumps out at me there, to be honest.

Turns out the T&C were right that only avatars and themes can be kept after the subscription ends.

So any DLC will somehow stop working even although i can't find the time left as with other content.

Add-ons includes DLC but not synonymous with it.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/12/01/new-playstation-plus-content-for-november-and-december-2/
    Now onto the subject of DLC within the Plus schedule. Firstly I just want to apologise if I caused confusion over this issue, that was never my intention.
    Here is the current situation within Plus Premium game elements, mentioned in the T’s&C’s (Terms and Conditions) are not referring to DLC. The Private Members Club in PlayStation Home is an example of a premium game element and we are working with developers to try and get you other premium elements in certain games. When we are able to provide these, they will expire if your Plus subscription expires (as stated in the terms of service).
    Add-ons are separate to premium game elements. In the original blog-post, I was using the phrase “Add-ons” to refer to extra content, including DLC. Currently, add-ons do not expire when the subscription expires
    Premium game elements and add-ons are not part of the core monthly content, I apologies again if my post during the launch of Plus was incorrect, I’m afraid this was just an honest mistake during the hectic launch period of Plus.
    I hope that clears up any confusion around DLC but I also want to let you know that we are working hard to make sure we bring you the Premium game elements and add-ons as often as we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GavinEire

Not a good update,My hard Drive wont take another GB.
    Good themes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Turns out the T&C were right that only avatars and themes can be kept after the subscription ends.

So any DLC will somehow stop working even although i can't find the time left as with other content.

Add-ons includes DLC but not synonymous with it.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/12/01/new-playstation-plus-content-for-november-and-december-2/
    If you look at the reply to post 36 on that blog post, you'll see that he says 'all the DLC that you have so far is yours to keep' - so when he says 'add-ons do not expire when the subscription expires' I think he is including DLC with the other add-ons like themes and avatars. The 'premium game elements' like the Home stuff will expire when our subscription runs out.

Funny how he wrote that post to clear things up but made it a bit more confusing!

GothPunk wrote: »
    If you look at the reply to post 36 on that blog post, you'll see that he says 'all the DLC that you have so far is yours to keep' - so when he says 'add-ons do not expire when the subscription expires' I think he is including DLC with the other add-ons like themes and avatars. The 'premium game elements' like the Home stuff will expire when our subscription runs out.

Funny how he wrote that post to clear things up but made it a bit more confusing!
    Hi, the free games (PSN/PS3/minis/PS One) that you get each month will expire with your subscription. So will premium game elements like the private members club in Home.
    However you get to keep anything you have bought with the discounts, DLC (unless stated when downloading) premium avatars and dynamic themes.

And we get to keep fallout 3 DLC, so all this changes is that premium game elements which only allow plus members in will go not the stiff we get for free but that everyone else can buy still.

DC Universe Online beta is up on the Plus section now, lads.

Been watching a few people playing this on JustinTV and it's got me from not interested at all to wanting to give to this bad boy a go. I've read around that the download could take up to 3 to 4 hours (but it's worth it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yikes, yeah a 15GB download, lol. Will grab it tonight :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement