Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Can someone clarify for me. Is Uncharted 3 in the Instant Game Collection??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

gamercfc wrote: »
    Can someone clarify for me. Is Uncharted 3 in the Instant Game Collection??

Yep, the single player game is up now.

And the file size is down as 11.1GB for those that were wondering. Who knew the multiplayer was that big?

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Yep, the single player game is up now.

And the file size is down as 11.1GB for those that were wondering. Who knew the multiplayer was that big?

Ah right good stuff. The multiplayer is a free download though isn't it?

By the way, would anyone else know when Demon's Souls & Shadow of the Colossus/ICO are coming off the list?

gamercfc wrote: »
    Ah right good stuff. The multiplayer is a free download though isn't it?

By the way, would anyone else know when Demon's Souls & Shadow of the Colossus/ICO are coming off the list?

Yeah, the multiplayer went free to play a while ago.

They went up on the 29th May so around the end of June/beginning of July. If you just add them to your basket and "buy" them though you don't have to worry as long as you have a PS Plus subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

the harley mission is ok, but it needed to be longer....new story and cut scenes plus some new areas, but most are reused or retouched places alreay seen in AC.

Yeah played it before elsewhere and got lost outside the warehouse, or whatever it is. :o Just would like it for completion's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Question: Am I wasting my money if I but a PS+ 12 month subscription if I only have a 60GB PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Question: Am I wasting my money if I but a PS+ 12 month subscription if I only have a 60GB PS3?

Depends i sujppose how quickly you think you can get through the monthly games. I'm now looking to upgrade my 500 GB to 1000 cause i've run out of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

I only have a 40GB PS3 and still find it worthwhile. I usually purchase them all and chose 1 or 2 to download, play them through and then delete them for the next 2 on my list. It's not ideal but it also makes me far more inclined to finish a game once I start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

No, I wouldnt say so anyway.

Though I have a 120GB and am constantly having to delete games to make space I think it's mostly because I have a huge back log of unplayed games that I try to hold on to.

That being said, it's simple enough just to redownload games again especially if you have good broadband.

You might only be able to fit 2-3 of the bigger games on the HDD but I wouldnt let that put you off. There does be plenty of smaller sized games too.

Also, remember that 12 month subscription will also apply to your PS4/PS Vita if you end up picking them up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No, I wouldnt say so anyway.

Though I have a 120GB and am constantly having to delete games to make space I think it's mostly because I have a huge back log of unplayed games that I try to hold on to.

That being said, it's simple enough just to redownload games again especially if you have good broadband.

You might only be able to fit 2-3 of the bigger games on the HDD but I wouldnt let that put you off. There does be plenty of smaller sized games too.

Also, remember that 12 month subscription will also apply to your PS4/PS Vita if you end up picking them up.

OK so once you have the games in your queue, you can redownload them after they get removed from the list of games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

OK so once you have the games in your queue, you can redownload them after they get removed from the list of games?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep. Even if you have no room at the time, just start the download, cancel and get it again when you want. It stays it your download history as "bought".

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Started Catherine. Fun game. Nice change of genre. The plot is hitting abit close to home and very relatable which makes it entertaining. Sheeps eyes are soo bloody creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Thinking of getting + to go with my ps4 purchase but I may get it early to take advantage of it on my ps3 and vita
    *where is the best place / price to purchase a year subscription and do they go on sale at any time?
    *can you use the standby download feature to download games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Thinking of getting + to go with my ps4 purchase but I may get it early to take advantage of it on my ps3 and vita
    *where is the best place / price to purchase a year subscription and do they go on sale at any time?
    *can you use the standby download feature to download games?

Same price online and in shops, sometimes you get 15 months for the price of 12 - b&m and online.

You can use the standby mode, but the d/l must be completed within two hours I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Same price online and in shops, sometimes you get 15 months for the price of 12
    Cool might wait till they do something like this and get 2 together and not have to worry about it for 2 1/2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My ps3 was 60gb too. It was enough to download and have 2-3 PS+ games comfortably with some spare space for other game installs. It depends on if you actuolly playing games or hoarding games.

If you not familiar with ps3 much, you can swap out HDD yourself, which is piss easy. Get al,most any 5400rpm 2.5 inch laptop HDD and jam that sicker in. 500gb HDD coated me only 50eu last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bah!! Just downloaded Xcom without knowing anything about it. How incredibly boring, hate those type of games. Already have the other 2 so the yearly games ain't of benefit to me.

That's unfortunate. Xcom has one of the biggest fanbase and I find the game had great depth. I love micro management. Maybe the upcoming Bureau game will interest you with more third person action and light strategy.

Yeah, the multiplayer went free to play a while ago.

They went up on the 29th May so around the end of June/beginning of July. If you just add them to your basket and "buy" them though you don't have to worry as long as you have a PS Plus subscription.

Oh that's okay then. It's just that I won't have a Plus account until either tomorrow or sometime over the weekend. I just don't want them to be gone before Monday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Started Catherine. Fun game. Nice change of genre. The plot is hitting abit close to home and very relatable which makes it entertaining. Sheeps eyes are soo bloody creepy.

Just started it too. Fun and bat**** crazy so far. The best thing about PS+ for me is getting to play games like Catherine that I would never normally pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Yesterday I purchased a new 640gb hdd because my memory absolutely sucks, couldn't even download the new black ops 2 map pack because of insufficient memory...and I already paid for it!

Don't know why I never looked into a new hdd!

I just purchased ps+ today (partly because I will need it for the ps4) but mainly because of the new hdd I'll be receiving soon.

So if anyone could offer recommendations on what to download or how to make the most out of my new hdd and p+ that would be great!

Yesterday I purchased a new 640gb hdd because my memory absolutely sucks, couldn't even download the new black ops 2 map pack because of insufficient memory...and I already paid for it!

Don't know why I never looked into a new hdd!

I just purchased ps+ today (partly because I will need it for the ps4) but mainly because of the new hdd I'll be receiving soon.

So if anyone could offer recommendations on what to download or how to make the most out of my new hdd and p+ that would be great!

Well to start with, put everything in the Instant Games Collection into your basket and checkout, both PS3 and Vita (in case you ever decide to get one). This way, you'll have them as long as you have a subscription, even when they're taken down from the IGC. You don't have to download them straight away, just "purchase" them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I got Thomas was alone and completed it. It was a bit awkward with the dualshock 3 but good enough game. Just got Xcom now and it looks good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Well to start with, put everything in the Instant Games Collection into your basket and checkout, both PS3 and Vita (in case you ever decide to get one). This way, you'll have them as long as you have a subscription, even when they're taken down from the IGC. You don't have to download them straight away, just "purchase" them.

my apologies for the stupid question but is that the monthly update i've been hearing about??? as in if i don't download them they disappear and new ones come each month??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

my apologies for the stupid question but is that the monthly update i've been hearing about???
    Read the FAQ in the first post.
    as in if i don't download them they disappear and new ones come each month??

You don't need to physically download them. You just need to go through the checkout process. If you don't, you do, indeed, lose them after they are removed [monthly or yearly].

Why Sony don't add all IGC to each PS+ account every month is beyond me. It's a pointless excercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Seems when you download Uncharted 3 and install it, you can't play it since there's no launch icon. Any ideas?

Seems when you download Uncharted 3 and install it, you can't play it since there's no launch icon. Any ideas?

You play it from the F2P Uncharted Multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Why would they do it like that? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Very impressive sale on the PSN Store now. Well if you have your PS+ subscription on the US Store.

i6cZ1NTAEmvrT.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement