Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Very impressive sale on the PSN Store now. Well if you have your PS+ subscription on the US Store.

Didn't we get about 70% of them free throughout the year on the EU PS+?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There are games that I may like but won't buy now for the chance that they'll show up on Plus, Liberation is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Varik wrote: »
    There are games that I may like but won't buy now for the chance that they'll show up on Plus, Liberation is one.

I was thinking the exact same thing about Liberation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

RangeR wrote: »
    Why Sony don't add all IGC to each PS+ account every month is beyond me. It's a pointless excercise.

They pay publishers for every user that adds the game to their collection. Saves a few quid on the folks who may forget to check. Personally, I'm fine with that. Its nowhere near as sleazy as what Microsoft does with Xbox Live Gold's auto-renewal.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Its nowhere near as sleazy as what Microsoft does with Xbox Live Gold's auto-renewal.

I'm not familiar with xBox anything. What's sleazy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I'm not familiar with xBox anything. What's sleazy?

Every time I buy Gold Membership or MS Points(Which are also a joke), my Xbox Live membership is set to auto-renew. It doesn't even ask. So every time I buy something on my Xbox, I have to log in to Xbox.com and turn off auto-renewal again.

It may have changed, I haven't paid for anything on Xbox Live in about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

K so I downloaded Drakes Deception last night but just checking now it's not in the games section. It is however in my Games Data Utility. In the games section there is a faded out icon for Drakes Deception but this has been there for a few days and everytime i try and install it i get an error message.
    I've tried deleating it and reinstalling but no good. I think this is the uncharted online file so i'm not worried about that. Just keen to get the game working.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

weiland79 wrote: »
    K so I downloaded Drakes Deception last night but just checking now it's not in the games section. It is however in my Games Data Utility. In the games section there is a faded out icon for Drakes Deception but this has been there for a few days and everytime i try and install it i get an error message.
    I've tried deleating it and reinstalling but no good. I think this is the uncharted online file so i'm not worried about that. Just keen to get the game working.

Any thoughts?

You play it through the F2P multiplayer version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

jaxdasher wrote: »
    You play it through the F2P multiplayer version.

So you have to download both even if you don't want to play multiplayer?

EGriff wrote: »
    So you have to download both even if you don't want to play multiplayer?

Yep I know. 33 gigs is big enough. I'm out of space myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I currently don't have a Vita, but "purchase" everything for it anyway, so that if I do get one I can have a large library of games immediately.

I hope this stays the same when PS4 launches and I don't need a PS4 registered against my PSN account to add the PS4 games to my library as it'll be at least next summer before I get a PS4.

I currently don't have a Vita, but "purchase" everything for it anyway, so that if I do get one I can have a large library of games immediately.

I hope this stays the same when PS4 launches and I don't need a PS4 registered against my PSN account to add the PS4 games to my library as it'll be at least next summer before I get a PS4.
    You do that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm well aware of the online store, but there's no guarantee you'll be able to "purchase" PS4 games without having a device registered.

I hope we can as it'd be very nice to buy a PS4 next summer and have six or seven games already.

I'm well aware of the online store, but there's no guarantee you'll be able to "purchase" PS4 games without having a device registered.

I hope we can as it'd be very nice to buy a PS4 next summer and have six or seven games already.

While I agree we have no guarantee, we can also purchase Vita games without a device registered. I don't believe it's an issue. Only a few months to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Thank you plus for Hitman. It has some of the best dialogue (between guards when you're stealthing about the place) and voice acting I've heard and it looks incredible. The environments are so detailed too. Just wish they'd included a save game option or a few more checkpoints, especially for the professional difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sin0city wrote: »
    . Just wish they'd included a save game option or a few more checkpoints, especially for the professional difficulties.

That's what makes it professional difficulty, the lack of save points. You have to nail it right first time, every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

So guys how does the instant game collection work I know it gives you free games every month but when do they get updated and how many are there usually it looks good value atm for a vita ps3 owner.

Also do the subsciptions work by day or month i.e if I got the 3 month sub now would it end on 14th of September or 90days from now?

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    So guys how does the instant game collection work I know it gives you free games every month but when do they get updated and how many are there usually it looks good value atm for a vita ps3 owner.

Also do the subsciptions work by day or month i.e if I got the 3 month sub now would it end on 14th of September or 90days from now?

Read the FAQ in the first post. All answers are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

just saw it there lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

That's what makes it professional difficulty, the lack of save points. You have to nail it right first time, every time.

There are no saves for any difficulty and there are checkpoints on hard, which is a professional difficulty.

I think the older games allowed a couple of saves on higher difficulties too.

• Advertisement

Keep fighting the good fight RangeR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

DjFlin wrote: »
    Every time I buy Gold Membership or MS Points(Which are also a joke), my Xbox Live membership is set to auto-renew. It doesn't even ask. So every time I buy something on my Xbox, I have to log in to Xbox.com and turn off auto-renewal again.

It may have changed, I haven't paid for anything on Xbox Live in about a year.

I've had it mysteriously turn itself back on before, renewed with no notifications. Was annoyed because I got a cheap voucher online.

The phone call to remove my card details was fun.

Looking forward to getting back to PSN, not hiding behind points for prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Just a quick question regarding PS+, I want to get it over the next few weeks ahead of getting the PS4, as well as finally availing of all the free games etc. I share my PS3 with my brother (he's 16), so I just want to know

1. If I buy a subscription, I assume that it only applies to my account and he won't be able to access any of the free games or anything even after downloading them to the system?

2. Is there still an age limit of 18 on getting PS+ ?

Thanks in advance

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    Just a quick question regarding PS+, I want to get it over the next few weeks ahead of getting the PS4, as well as finally availing of all the free games etc. I share my PS3 with my brother (he's 16), so I just want to know

1. If I buy a subscription, I assume that it only applies to my account and he won't be able to access any of the free games or anything even after downloading them to the system?

2. Is there still an age limit of 18 on getting PS+ ?

Thanks in advance

Anyone using your PS3 even under a different profile can use your PSN+ content that you download to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Anyone using your PS3 even under a different profile can use your PSN+ content that you download to it.

Ah really! that's amazing, that's the decision made so, I'm definitely getting it soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    Ah really! that's amazing, that's the decision made so, I'm definitely getting it soon :D

Your account has to be on his PS3 and active.

Varik wrote: »
    Your account has to be on his PS3 and active.

They share the same console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Had PS+ for a month and already going to have to upgrade my 160gb hard drive. Hoping its as easy as google suggests. So I think I just need a 2.5inch SATA 5400rpm portable internal drive? Any links to any decent options would be appreciated, clueless about all this unfortunately.

Had PS+ for a month and already going to have to upgrade my 160gb hard drive. Hoping its as easy as google suggests. So I think I just need a 2.5inch SATA 5400rpm portable internal drive? Any links to any decent options would be appreciated, clueless about all this unfortunately.

I got this drive for my phat PS3 last year.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Seagate-inch-5400RPM-Drive/dp/B007NVGWV0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371303461&sr=8-2&keywords=2.5+hdd

It's very easy to do. There are some good youtube videos showing it step by step if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing.

When the PS3 formats it and instals it's own stem files it works out at 840Gb, I have mine near half full thanks to PS+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Depends on how much you want to spend, and if you're collecting games or deleting as you play. If the former, a 1TB will keep you going for a good while. If the latter, a 500GB would be more than suitable.

Heres a great 1TB option from Amazon

If it makes any difference, I plan to upgrade my 320GB to the above next month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement