Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Depends on how much you want to spend, and if you're collecting games or deleting as you play. If the former, a 1TB will keep you going for a good while. If the latter, a 500GB would be more than suitable.

Heres a great 1TB option from Amazon

If it makes any difference, I plan to upgrade my 320GB to the above next month.

Definitely like to keep majority of the games, me and the kids play on it so lot of different types of games will live on it, looks like I should plump for a 1TB drive then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Definitely like to keep majority of the games, me and the kids play on it so lot of different types of games will live on it, looks like I should plump for a 1TB drive then.

Thats the main reason I'm upgrading. I've about 5/10GB space left and would like to keep all my games on the system. I'd also advise you to order a hard drive enclosure. That way you won't have to waste the hard drive you take out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Thats the main reason I'm upgrading. I've about 5/10GB space left and would like to keep all my games on the system. I'd also advise you to order a hard drive enclosure. That way you won't have to waste the hard drive you take out.

Just make sure the HDD height is 9mm and you won't have a problem. Don't go for the 12mm.

RangeR wrote: »
    Just make sure the HDD height is 9mm and you won't have a problem. Don't go for the 12mm.

Didn't even know there were different sizes :o , thanks for the tip. I suppose DX would be best place to buy something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Depends on how much you want to spend, and if you're collecting games or deleting as you play. If the former, a 1TB will keep you going for a good while. If the latter, a 500GB would be more than suitable.

Heres a great 1TB option from Amazon

If it makes any difference, I plan to upgrade my 320GB to the above next month.

Gonna order this one myself. Any suggestions for an enclosure to use on the spare drive then?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Didn't even know there were different sizes :o , thanks for the tip. I suppose DX would be best place to buy something like that?

There are 5mm, 7mm, 9.5mm, 12.5mm and even 15mm.....you need the 9.5mm but a 7mm will also work. I have a 250Gb Seagate 7mm drive and it worked grand.

Note...Western Digital/HGST will soon have a 1.5TB drive in a 9.5mm format :cool:

I was rather pissed that Uncharted 3 ended up being a 41GB download....you had to download the bloody 2D and 3D files as well. 23GB for those then 4.7GB for the multiplayer, and 11GB for the single player....madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I must admit I'm a little worried about Plus for PS4. With it being pretty much essential for online multiplayer, I'm a bit concerned that the games content may not be as good as it has been for vita and PS3.

Here's hoping it continues to be great anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    I must admit I'm a little worried about Plus for PS4. With it being pretty much essential for online multiplayer, I'm a bit concerned that the games content may not be as good as it has been for vita and PS3.

Here's hoping it continues to be great anyway.

They'll have more money coming in and it'll still be a only an option for the PS3 so they need to keep the PS3 users continuing to sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I was rather pissed that Uncharted 3 ended up being a 41GB download....you had to download the bloody 2D and 3D files as well. 23GB for those then 4.7GB for the multiplayer, and 11GB for the single player....madness!

You can delete the 3D movies files if you don't plan to play it in 3D.

• Advertisement

My UC3 won't load. When I run it, I hangs at the "This game saves data automatically..."

Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My UC3 won't load. When I run it, I hangs at the "This game saves data automatically..."

Ideas?

Could it be the Naughty Dog problem with their servers, the same one that effected The Last of Us yesterday. Sounds like it. Try loading it up offline and see.

Could it be the Naughty Dog problem with their servers, the same one that effected The Last of Us yesterday. Sounds like it. Try loading it up offline and see.

Trying offline and still same. Have internet disabled. Still hangs like a donkey.

False Alarm. Controller was set as controller 2. Controller 1 was charging and never turned off. We're grooving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Looking for a bit of help I joined ps+ last week and downloaded uc3 but nothing is showing in my game menu, it says it's downloading 3 parts but I get nothing after hours if downloading and installing

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of help I joined ps+ last week and downloaded uc3 but nothing is showing in my game menu, it says it's downloading 3 parts but I get nothing after hours if downloading and installing

You need to DL the multiplayer too.

Welcome to the club.

You need to DL the multiplayer too.

Welcome to the club.

How do I do that there is only 1 option to download and it downloads singleplayer 2d movies and 3d movies

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

How do I do that there is only 1 option to download and it downloads singleplayer 2d movies and 3d movies

Cheers

If you search for Uncharted you'll get it up. It's the first item when you search in the online store. It's not under IGC, it's kept separate.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    If you search for Uncharted you'll get it up. It's the first item when you search in the online store. It's not under IGC, it's kept separate.

How the hell did I not see that before? Thanks mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

How the hell did I not see that before? Thanks mate!!

Don't download 3D movies if you don't need to its optional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Hi,

I subscribed yesterday and dowloaded Uncharted 3 overnight, played today,
    Great game.

Can I access the back catalogue of IGC or do I only have the month to download the games?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Hi,

I subscribed yesterday and dowloaded Uncharted 3 overnight, played today,
    Great game.

Can I access the back catalogue of IGC or do I only have the month to download the games?

TIA

No, you can't download the back catalogue, only what's available now.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    No, you can't download the back catalogue, only what's available now.

And as stated in FAQ in first post, providing you add all the titles to download each month, you can download them at any time providing you are still subscribed, you don't have to download them within the month. Just make sure they are marked as "purchased". Which is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They couldn't have made installing uncharted 3 any harder.

Installed single player, no sign of it on xmb.

Then had to download multiplayer separately (wouldn't have figured this out without the Internet ).

Then I have to download a 2d movie pack which I can't find in the store anywhere?

Edit: it was uploaded later as part of the game :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Where do you get the 2d files from?

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Where do you get the 2d files from?

I spent ages looking for them. Eventually found them in the Download list in XMB

Account Settings -> Transaction History -> Download List -> 2D Movies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I had to "buy" Uncharted 3 again to get them, they weren't part of it when it was first uploaded.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I had to "buy" Uncharted 3 again to get them, they weren't part of it when it was first uploaded.

yup...same here, it was originally 11gb, now its listed as 33gb :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just got the Last of Us in the post.

I'm totally hooked on Demon's Souls at the moment though. Still have to launch Dead Souls and purchased Uncharted 3. Have ICO and Shadow of the Collosus on the dashboard as well and downloaded the Cave last weekend.
    Jesus H Christ.......too many games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woah, they don't give us much time to breathe, do they. Announcing the July update later today. Doesn't feel that long since June was announced

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement