Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Very good month July this is getting all too much I need a few rubbish months just to get time to play some of these properly

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

CYtIlYh.jpg

Seen this i say at the moment its a strong rummer at the moment

If its real there will be great games coming to both Vita and PS3 over the next 2 mouths

Seeing how next month is accurate we can be confident of DmC and Spec ops too. They just keep on coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lol....i just sold BF3, now i get it for free.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

theUbiq wrote: »
    F1ngers, try killing a few NPCs...

That sends it to black - did that Mephistoples quest already.
    Am now trying to get it to white by killing the black phantoms and it's just not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

F1ngers wrote: »
    That sends it to black - did that Mephistoples quest already.
    Am now trying to get it to white by killing the black phantoms and it's just not happening.

Maybe get someone to invade your game and let you kill them? what soul level are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Insane selection of games. Intrigued by Payday and have always wanted to play Saints Row: The Third. Have it already for the 360.

Bravo Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Unbelievable, was literally looking at BF3 an hour ago on amazon and decided to skip it. ****ing delighted. This PS+ malark is the bomb.

Already have saints row (great game), never heard of payday but I'll go have a gander now.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Another great selection for July its just a matter of making time to play them. My games list is ridiculous I never know what to play when I turn on the ps3, literally spoiled for choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I need to quit my job, and cut off contact with the outside world....and I'd still struggle to finish my backlog before ps4 release

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

WOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The CQB DLC for BF3 was or still is free to get in the wake of E3, grab it if it's still there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

theUbiq wrote: »
    Maybe get someone to invade your game and let you kill them? what soul level are you?

Close to 200(was farming pure bladestone :o).

Have never been invaded (on the EU version) and have been playing online a lot in body form, only time I play offline is when I'm controlling world tendencies.

If it happens, it happens.

Thanks .

Let's go back on topic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Close quarters dlc is only accessible on the ingame store so I can't get it while its free. :(

Edit: Maybe if you get the PSN+ trial and access the store from there would work. Unfortunately I'm not home to try this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I can't wait to murder a load of level 1 PS+ers when they join BF3 :p

Its really a great game, I still play once or twice a week and it came out nearly 2 years ago.

Does anyone know if there's a way to remotely turn your PS3 on and off. I have a load of stuff to download but my PS3 is an old beast and I really don't want to subject it to being on for 12 hours a day ( I work long hours). But in the evenings download speeds are atrocious in my area. Any ideas?

On a related note, anyone played that lord of the rings game on PS+ this month? I have it downloading but is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Does anyone know if there's a way to remotely turn your PS3 on and off. I have a load of stuff to download but my PS3 is an old beast and I really don't want to subject it to being on for 12 hours a day ( I work long hours). But in the evenings download speeds are atrocious in my area. Any ideas?

On a related note, anyone played that lord of the rings game on PS+ this month? I have it downloading but is it any good?

Do you have PS+? Set it to come on when you want. I don't believe that it will turn off until your downloads are complete, though.

Yeah I have it. I have set to come on between 2 and 4 in the afternoon, so does it just stay on until its finished. That wouldn't be as bad as having it on the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah I have it. I have set to come on between 2 and 4 in the afternoon, so does it just stay on until its finished. That wouldn't be as bad as having it on the whole day.

If you have PS3 games downloading, then it'll stay on until they're downloaded and installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If I'm reading this right you can just start the downloads as you're going out in the morning and then go to shut down the console. It should then give you the option to shut down automatically as soon as all downloads are complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Or, how about turning it on when you leave in the morning but set it to auto turn off after 4 or 5 hours?

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    Or, how about turning it on when you leave in the morning but set it to auto turn off after 4 or 5 hours?

Yeah I was thinking that too alright, cheers lads, hopefully it'll come on at two today and rifle through a lot of the downloading. Uncharted 3 is a mammoth download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I don't think there's a LOTR game this month but if you're talking about War in the North I thought it was okay. Played through it once and enjoyed it but no desire to go back to it. It's only about 12 hours long and if you are into the Lord of the Rings it's a parallel story which is nice (although the story isn't anything to write home about) and there are lots of the characters in it and you go to Rivendell.

Gameplay wise it kind of struck me as a shallow version of Dragon Age that's multiplayer focused. It's hack and slash with some cool specials and enemies although it can get a little repetitive. I left my game open as I played and found it's at its best when you're playing with two other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Payday: The Heist is coming to PSN on July 3rd where you play a role of a bank robber. It looks very good. I already have BF3, pity they didn't offer BFBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Was hoping there be a cheap bundle for all the Battlefield 3 expansion packs to go with it going free for Plus but doesn't look like it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just picking up a PS3 for the first time today hopefully.

Not familiar with PSN, but reading at the moment about it, no problems with outlaying €50 sheets for more advanced online features.

BF3 being free is a pretty sweet timing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just picking up a PS3 for the first time today hopefully.

Not familiar with PSN, but reading at the moment about it, no problems with outlaying €50 sheets for more advanced online features.

BF3 being free is a pretty sweet timing :)

Don't forget about uncharted 3 and xcom as well. Ps+ is amazing. Also 'purchase' all the ps vita content in case you ever so get one so you'll have all those games to choose from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

X-com is a fantastic game but so tough!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Was hoping there be a cheap bundle for all the Battlefield 3 expansion packs to go with it going free for Plus but doesn't look like it so far.

That's what the "Premium Service" upgrade is for no?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

We'll be getting Devil May cry and Spec's ops next-next month for PS+. That leaked image a few weeks ago was right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

That's what the "Premium Service" upgrade is for no?
    Is it worth €50 though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement