Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Is it worth €50 though?

I've been playing BF3 since day 1. All the base maps that comes with the game are way better than all the DLC. I run a huge BF3 community too, and we all say the same to new members. It's not worth it.

I do like a lot of the maps though. But its not worth €50. You could buy another year of PS+ with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I haven't got any of the dlc except back to karkand which was free with the limited edition and CQB which was free during E3.

The likes of PS+ and steam have turned me into a pretty tight fisted gamer, hate paying full price for anything. €20 for a few maps is a total rip and I'm not getting them now with bf4 due in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Could we get a bit of a clan or something together for us cack fisted noobs when BF3 is available next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Could we get a bit of a clan or something together for us cack fisted noobs when BF3 is available next month?

Good plan batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

And another clan for cack handed players with a sh*tty internet connection. Ripe for getting picked off over, and over and over again.

Ah, Eircom, thanks for my ready made excuse for substandard playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Good idea. Maybe start a seperate thread for people interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'll set it now so. Anyone interested follow me. Ps I'm locked so remind me tomorrow if there's no thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Anyone remember the boards.ie PS3 game night we had on here a few years ago? Be great to get that up and running again with all the multiplayer games we're getting with Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Played Uncharted 3 for a few hours last night. Obviously everyone knows its a great game with beautiful graphics, but the music is amazing, especially when using headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So much more enjoyable to play uncharted 3 than The Last of Us, I don't have to take stress breaks every 30 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

ShaneU wrote: »
    So much more enjoyable to play uncharted 3 than The Last of Us, I don't have to take stress breaks every 30 minutes!

Haha I know what you mean, I'm crawling through the game with the number of breaks I'm having to to take :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Anyone remember the boards.ie PS3 game night we had on here a few years ago? Be great to get that up and running again with all the multiplayer games we're getting with Plus.

Time to fire up MAG again is it? The Boards.ie clan made me somewhat better. Would never help another person if he didn't have the clan markings :)
    Ed

eddhorse wrote: »
    Time to fire up MAG again is it? The Boards.ie clan made me somewhat better. Would never help another person if he didn't have the clan markings :)
    Ed

I think we'll have to take our noob ways to Battlefield 3 when we get that for free eh? Any of the other lads from then still around here? I'll need to add everyone again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I think we'll have to take our noob ways to Battlefield 3 when we get that for free eh? Any of the other lads from then still around here? I'll need to add everyone again :)

I'll be up for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ed

That was great fun, even if I had no idea at all what I was doing.

I'd be up for that, except, a noob I am not. Proud owner of a Colonel 100 shítbucket :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ed

Man I had such fun back then as a medic - is anyone still playing it now? Would deffo be up for some Battlefield boards action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Count me in for a game night revival. I remember having great craic with MAG, but then I never went near it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

MAG was so bad, and I had such high hopes for it. Everything about BF3 is better than that game.

The weapons you start out with in BF3 are pretty good so your not at a huge disadvantage at the low levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I remember playing MAG with boards back when, still have a few of you on my friends list!

Sadly i no longer own it, but i'm hugely into BF3 if any of you's want to squad up!

Man I had such fun back then as a medic - is anyone still playing it now? Would deffo be up for some Battlefield boards action.

I tried finding a game on MAG a few weeks ago and it took over a half hour to find one. I know it got bad reviews and all but I still put more hours in that game than any other multiplayer. Loved it!

Count me in for the battlefield 3 squad. You lads with experience can show us the ropes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

MAG was an incredible game if you gave it time. Only a handful of people I know unlocked its true potential.

Playing through X-Com right now. Its so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When it comes to Battlefield 3, I think it's safe to say I'm a noob. the last military FPS I played, I think, was a bit of MoH Frontline on the gamecube or MoH:Allied Assault over LAN back at college 11 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When it comes to Battlefield 3, I think it's safe to say I'm a noob. the last military FPS I played, I think, was a bit of MoH Frontline on the gamecube or MoH:Allied Assault over LAN back at college 11 years ago.

Same here, aside from 25 minutes of MW2 before I decided it was rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

sign in before they begin maintenance, u wont have the store but you can play online netflix etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Quick question lads, if I buy a 90 day pass do i get the instant games collection along with the monthly stuff? Wasn't sure when looking at the store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

zero19 wrote: »
    Quick question lads, if I buy a 90 day pass do i get the instant games collection along with the monthly stuff? Wasn't sure when looking at the store.

You do - for 90 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

F1ngers wrote: »
    You do - for 90 days.

Grand stuff thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

zero19 wrote: »

guy selling a year for 30 quid i got 1 and know a few guys who also bought no hassle codes work fine aswell
    http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/playstation-plus-365-days-subscription/2859734

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement