Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have a 365 day UK ps plus sealed, got it as a gift and don't want to bother with a UK one as I already have an Irish one for the next 15 months, don't have an adverts account to put it up on at the moment, I closed it off several weeks ago, anyone wanna swap something for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have a 365 day UK ps plus sealed, got it as a gift and don't want to bother with a UK one as I already have an Irish one for the next 15 months, don't have an adverts account to put it up on at the moment, I closed it off several weeks ago, anyone wanna swap something for this?

I'd be interested in that. Haven't got my games list to hand but I'll PM it to you when I get home from work in the morning. Whether anything takes your fancy is another thing :p

If you throw out a few titles you're looking for, I'll try and remember if I have them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

21st July 2015 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

21st July 2015 :D

21st October 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Guys is there any place online like cheapxboxcodes where you can ps plus accounts and money for it ?? I found this place http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn

but im assuming there is Ireland only ones, these seem to be all UK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Guys is there any place online like cheapxboxcodes where you can ps plus accounts and money for it ?? I found this place http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn

but im assuming there is Ireland only ones, these seem to be all UK

Thats more expensieve than just buying the subscription from the store :p

Is it not 50 on the store?? where as its 40 on there ?

Is it not 50 on the store?? where as its 40 on there ?

I mean for that specific one, its only £40 for a years subscription.

Well basiclly im looking for a 3 month one, and that website has it for 12 something where as its 15 in gamestop the only thing i wanted to know really would the ones with the UK signs on them work the same way as the irish ones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Well basiclly im looking for a 3 month one, and that website has it for 12 something where as its 15 in gamestop the only thing i wanted to know really would the ones with the UK signs on them work the same way as the irish ones

They work the exact same way - on the UK psn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

In other words, you will have to set up a new account on your PS3 with a UK address. So unless you're happy to do that, just stick with the Irish ones.

sin0city wrote: »
    In other words, you will have to set up a new account on your PS3 with a UK address. So unless you're happy to do that, just stick with the Irish ones.

Yes :) I'm from the UK so I've had my UK PSN account for 6 years :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

cloud493 wrote: »
    Yes :) I'm from the UK so I've had my UK PSN account for 6 years :P

Yeah, sorry. Was just trying to clarify it for brianregan09.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Never had PS+ but I'm in the market for a Vita and a 500 GB PS3 so the + is a no-brainer.

So If I joined today, is there a list of games that are currently available to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Never had PS+ but I'm in the market for a Vita and a 500 GB PS3 so the + is a no-brainer.

So If I joined today, is there a list of games that are currently available to me?

They change month to month but if you joined today you'd get uncharted 3 and a couple of others for the PS3 and some for the vita. They are due to change Wednesday and the next round for PS3 includes Payday: The Heist and Battlefield 3 pus there are some PS vita games also. You dont have to download them when you "buy" them you can download them whenever you want as long as you keep you ps+.

W

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

These are available at the moment, http://ie.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-gamecollection

Some are due to leave with new ones taking their place in the next few days.

Get it now to take advantage of the refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

plus stuff shows up as free, and the EU playstation blog shows what will be on the next month and what is being removed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks guys, so one I add them to my queue today I can then download them anytime, correct? I have a 60GB model right now, so can I download, play, dlete and the redownload at a later time (if I get the 500gb console?)

Thanks guys, so one I add them to my queue today I can then download them anytime, correct? I have a 60GB model right now, so can I download, play, dlete and the redownload at a later time (if I get the 500gb console?)

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yes and yes.

Once you are a PS+ member. You can cancel your membership and sub back up, retaining all your "purchase history"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Huge sale coming up in july. On phone so can't link but its on ign with the details. 3 waves of sales up to 80% off games for ps+ers. Lego batman 2 is 7 dollars for example

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Huge sale coming up in july. On phone so can't link but its on ign with the details. 3 waves of sales up to 80% off games for ps+ers. Lego batman 2 is 7 dollars for example

Looks promising! Looking forward to seeing what the EU store offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Damn Sony website, I can only add 10 of my free games to my basket at once, then I have to do 1 extra click to go back and add more.

:pac:
    :pac:

I have a terrible feeling my game backlog will grow ever larger :(

I really hate Sony these days :pac:

EDIT: Just seen the list of games for the Yanks, nothing really catches my eye. Suppose we'll have to wait and see for the EU list.

July 2-9
    Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3 | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3 | $59.99/$41.99/$37.79)
    Mortal Kombat (PS3 | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    Mortal Kombat (Vita | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (PS3 | $19.99/$7.99/$4.00)
    Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3 | $19.99/$14.99/$7.50)
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (PSN | $9.99/$3.99/$2.00)
    Shadow of the Colossus (PS3 | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3 | $49.99/$29.99/$20.99)
    The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (PSP | $9.99/$4.99/$2.50)

July 9-16
    Alice: Madness Returns (PS3 | $19.99/$7.99/$4.00)
    Fast & Furious: Showdown (PS3 | $39.99/$31/99/$23/99)
    Fight Night Champion (PS3 | $29.99/$11.99/$6.00)
    Hitman Trilogy HD (PS3 | $39.99/$19.99/$15.99)
    Just Cause 2 (PS3 | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3 | $29.99/$14.99/$7.50)
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Vita | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PS3 | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3 | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    Men in Black: Alien Crisis (PS3 | $39.99/$29.99/$20.99)
    Prince of Persia Classics Trilogy (PS3 | $39.99/$15.99/$8.00)
    Silent Hill: Book of Memories (Vita | $29.99/$14.99/$7.50)
    Star Trek (PS3 | $54.99/$43.99/$32.99)
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3 | $19.99/$9.99/$5.00)
    The Adventures of TinTin: The Game (PS3 | $39.99/$19.99/$10.00)
    The Simpsons Arcade Game (PSN | $9.99/$6.99/$4.89)
    Tron Evolution (PSP | $19.99/$7.99/$4.00)
    X-Men (PSN | $9.99/$6.99/$4.89)

price in bold is with the PS+ discount

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not a lot.. but I'd definitely pick up Alice Madness Returns at that price.

I would say that this sale doesn't guarantee an EU equivalent.

As much as I want to renew my plus subscription, I don't have the hardrive space to appreciate the free stuff. Uncharted is 28gb :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, Battlefield 3, Payday and Saints Row 3 hitting the store tomorrow. What the hell do I play first!!!! That plus I want to get Hotline Miami and definitely getting The Walking Dead: 400 Days.....

Time to get me one of these to cover me at work

drinking-bird-works-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Downloaded the Payday trial all ready to go cos all I need is the Full upgrade tomorrow. I downloaded the Battlefield 3 1 hour trial not sure if it would just need an activation as well but giving it a shot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Quick question folks, is there any issues with replacing the HDD with a 7200rpm disk rather than the 5400rpm. I'm thinking potential heat issues maybe? Any recommendations for 1TB disks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement