Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Licence

Options
  • 16-06-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Howyiz.
    I've recently spent some time in Tasmania, where I was bitten by the shooting bug while staying on the mot's uncles farm. Was just wondering, what exactly is involved in joining a gun club here, I don't know anyone with any land here, but it's something I'd like to get into.

Is there an easily summarised checklist out there?

*quick edit
    Thanks for any info! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

www.garda.ie, list of options on the left and just choose firearms licensing. download form FCA1 and off ya go! loads of good gun clubs around kildare dublin and wicklow.

this link has all info you'll need

http://10point9.ie/how-do-i-apply-for-a-firearms-licence/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PogueMahone365

Cheers dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

+1
    Good advice there from kildare.17hmr!

Make sure to also check out the Garda Commissioners Guidelines (in addition to the FCA1 form itself) - There's a wealth of "information" and "guidance" in that document which you should make yourself aware of, before completing the form: Garda Commissioners Guidelines

And have a good ol' read of this sticky in the Announcements section on here too:Announcement on Boards.ie & Info on Licence Stuff

It's not too clear from your O/P which type of shooting you wish to take part in? This will make a big difference to how you go about completing the form and getting your licence. If you could let us know, more pertinent advice can be given for your specific interests.

:cool:

Advertisement