Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu overcharging Donegal

Options
  • 10-11-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

this store is stealing money from my 87 yr old mother. and yours. and everyone else unfortunate enough to shop there without being vigilant and able to check everything, every time.

I'm talking about systematic overcharging. This is my term for purchases which are displayed at one price, but the till charges a different price, er, a higher price of course.

For example, prepack salads at e2.00 marked as "2 for e3.00" The till rang it up as e4.00. I went back, the checkout gave me back one euro. Am I satisfied? no, because this is systematic overcharging. Everyone who buys these goods and fails to notice, will have been overcharged. Rich, poor, elderly or unemployed, their money has been stolen.

If this happened with one product, or one promotion, I would say that was bad. There is no such thing as blameless overcharging. A retailer is obliged to check and put procedures in place to make sure they are not overcharging. So it is totally unacceptable. But here's the rest:

It happened 5 times (different products) in 2 weeks.
    I am 100% satisfied that this is not incompetence, but deliberate, systematic overcharging.
    Irish people ( I am Irish) are so soft. complete suckers for ripoffs and scams. Later I will post with a suggestion for how we might set up a national campaign to counteract this.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement