Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Higher Level. Help Please :)

• 16-06-2010 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Does anyone know of the definate layout at the end of Q1?
    I've looked at solutions and some put profit on sale as operating income and some put it with investment income after operating profit? Please help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

I'm quite sure both are perfectly acceptable as long as you get the right figure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It is more correct to put Profit on sale of asset as Operating Income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 karen-xxxxx

Thanks very much.
    Is a change in the provision for bad debts also either an expense in S&D or operating income? Sorry and thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Is a change in the provision for bad debts also either an expense in S&D or operating income? Sorry and thanks :D

I think an increase in an expense

I think an increase in an expense

Yap, I know that but if it's a decrease in provision is that operating income or after the operating profit? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Yap, I know that but if it's a decrease in provision is that operating income or after the operating profit? :)
    After, I'm fairly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Garykelleher

Decrease in provision will be in operating income. Once again they would probably except it if you add it before/after investment income etc..

Thanks

Advertisement