Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garrarus < > Kilfarrasy beaches

Options
  • 16-06-2010 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Are these two accessible at low tide along the cliff bottom? Also, does anyone know if there is a cliff-top path between the two?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I would doubt that it would be possible to walk between the two, have a look at http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx#V1,654221,598416,5 if you go in closer you can see the coastline and it seems to me there is a very rocky/cliff area about half way along.

I do not see any path along the top, but it is all farmland so unless someone made extreme efforts to fence the land you might be able to walk it. It would be a better bet than the shoreline I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I definitely would not recommend trying to walk the route.

If you underestimate it and the tide comes in you can get caught and the mountain/cliff rescue will be called out.

Advertisement