Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology- Let me get this right.

• 16-06-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

So I hear that if you just answered the Unit 1 and 2 questions along with Experiments, you get 80%? If you answer them 100% right?
    If this is right, that means we can just learn 15 chapters, and 15 experiments off, and since the early chapters are easy, that means that you could do really well, and since there is some really easy things in unit 3 like sexual reproduction, we can get some extra marks?

So tonight should I really just focus on units 1 and 2?
    Just need clarification, because the experiments arent really that hard to know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

i dont think thats true.......because alot of the stuff in unit 3 is about the human which is popular. and viruses.....which is tipped to come up cause when the papers were being set swine flu was a big topic. and human reproduction always comes up.

dont think im right its just what i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Now I've only heard this theory on boards, and only today, however from my understanding of it you'd want to learn experiments from all units, not just 1 and 2.

Open to correction here.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

I did see something in a Revise Wise book that said something about certain amount of topics from each unit comin up in short questions and long questions

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

i just totted it up and that is actually right, which is fantastic news, so unit one and two and experiments are the way forward :)

Jesus hope it is true. I dont have the revise wise book on me anymore but I remember it saying that they always pick certain ones out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

AndyOHart wrote: »
    Jesus hope it is true. I dont have the revise wise book on me anymore but I remember it saying that they always pick certain ones out.

it is, if you look in the start of the exam papers, it says in section A of the paper 2 questions come from unit 1, 2 from unit 2, and 2 from unit 3.

then section C has 1 question from unit 1, 2 from unit 2, and 3 from unit 3 :)

Jesus that is such good news. I am going to just study Unit 1 and 2 and then glance over 3. Make sure I know my experiments. If I got 50% I would be happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

My Biology teacher confirmed it for me, though I though it was 70%.

Its on the 1st page of your exam papers. Add it up and you get 80% :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

I got biology grinds, and he said that if you learn all of unit 1 and 2, all the experiments and then reproduction youll get 85%!

But not just the experiments from unit 1 and 2, all the experiments, but experiments are easy peasy!!

Im avoiding section 3 like the plague, only thing im learning is reproduction, and the easy chapters :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeha definitly reproduction so easy. Really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

The reproduction chapter can seem daunting and a bit complicated, but the questions they actually ask are incredibly basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 woopah

Yeah it's definitely 80%
    I go to a grind school and the teacher has been drilling it into our heads since September :P

Sweet may start studying so

Advertisement