Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOUNTING HL! section one and three

• 16-06-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey guys,

I've noticed lots of people here are doing Q.1 but i was just windering if anyine has any ideas for the 60m in section one?? i'm thinking depreciation and control but is that too easy???

Also cos flexible is just sooo easy does anyone know what else could come up with/instead it??

PLEASE HELP i only got 60% in my mocks and really wanna bring it up to a B3/2!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 karen-xxxxx

Sad thing is nobody knows :( Just learn as much as you can :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jellybaby1992

Hey, doing HL accounting and am so screwed for the exam. I am doing Q1 and budgeting anyway. do anyone have any tips and/or predictions for these two questions or section 2. i really do need a good grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itzybitzyfitzy

my teacher reckons tat they are going to merge flexible budgetin with marginal costing in q.8.

and then q.9 will be production as for everthing else.........

learn learn learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Too easy? Not at all. I don't really know myself because I'm doing question 1, my accounting teacher has been stressing to the people doing 60 marks (.. there's 1) to know Depreciation and control accounts, and he's a good teacher. He knows what's he's on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

Accounting is definitely my worst subject, never was good at it, failed my mock by 2%... i'll be lucky if I at least pass it on Monday, hope questions i can actually do come up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

my teacher reckons tat they are going to merge flexible budgetin with marginal costing in q.8.

and then q.9 will be production as for everthing else.........

learn learn learn

I'm not so sure, since they've done that before, in '08.. I'd say they're more likely to screw with the Q9 bc more people choose it?.
    Or they'll mess with Section 2.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Q8/9 is tipped to have either/both/merged Flexible and Marginal Costing. I'd say focus on the two of them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Im gonna learn Flexible, Production and Marginal.
    One of them is bound to come up, right?

Then ratios is a banker,and Q1 would have to be Company or Sole Trader.

Not too sure about the 60m sorry.
    I would say it looks like depreciation and control anyway, Possibly a cashflow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jtots

The 60's and 100's both run into each other, what ever doesn't come up as a 100 usually comes up in a shorter form for the 60. That is apart from ratio's and there's always either depreciation, revaluation or control accounts in the 60's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

For Q2,3,4 I'd say control depreciation & cash flow or club/service.

Careful with control, debors is due to come up, however I read someone saying that debtors control & suspense never come up same year, & looking over past papaers I agree. So that might be a surprise if they do come up together, but of course there's that risk they'll just not bother with control now =(

Look over tab, I've heard a few people saying that might come up for a surprise!

• Advertisement

Could someone please tell me the easiest way to do the loan and find the loan interest in Club Accounts please? My teacher didn't explain it in an easy way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 setantalive

Interest calculation in the club accounts;

eg. €30,000 Loan repaid including 2.5 years interest on the
    30th June 2009 €37,500.00

Assume the year end for the income and expenditure account is 31/12/09

You need to include the interest in the Statement of Accumulated Fund @ 1/1/09 for the previous years and you need to include the interest for 2009 in the Income and Expenditure a/c as expenditure for the year.

working:

€7,500/30months = €250 interest per month

Due @ 1/1/09 €250 x 24 months = €6,000.00 (Liability in the Acc. Fund Statement)

Expenditure for 2009 = €250 x 6 months = €1,500.00 (expenditure in the Income & Expenditure a/c)

Thanks so much, that helps a lot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

is the company account guaranteed to come up???and what is coming up for question 2-4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 setantalive

The Company account is very likely this year and is a better bet at this stage than trying to cover 2-4. Just go over the last couple of company accounts that came up. Make sure you can do all the basic adjustments. 2-4 are unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

CosmicLove wrote: »
    For Q2,3,4 I'd say control depreciation & cash flow or club/service.
    Yep i'd agree with that. Not too sure about control though, will it come up if suspense comes up?

Advertisement