Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Houdini

Options
  • 16-06-2010 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭

I have a Readers Digest Junior Omnibus from 1958 that has an article on 'Houdini-The Handcuff King'

It gives the usual rundown of his acts over the years and mentions that he usually had a piece of metal glued to his foot and that his muscles were incredibly supple, explanations for how he often managed his tricks. But this didn't explain all of them.

There was also mention of a lawyers letter that I will quote
    Houdini's secrets will not remain secret forever. On April 6th 1974, a lawyer in New York will open a bulky envelope which has lain sealed for more than thirty years. In it are fifty pages in Houdinis own handwriting, explaining how he managed his amazing escapes. Houdini wrote down his secrets before he died but said they were not to be opened until the hundreth anniversary of his birth. When that comes you will be able to learn the answer to a question that has puzzled the world for a long time : How did Houdini do it?

I haven't been able to find any mention of this anywhere online and was wondering if any of you had??

Advertisement