Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Land

Options
  • 16-06-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have any idea of what an acer of agricultural landis worth around the waterford city area. Looking to rent and need a general idea of how much to budget for.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Without knowing where, but as an educated guess agricultural land per acre is between €10,000-€20,000 and annual rent is about €150 per acre per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

I think the days of c. 20,000 per acre are gone. Obviously where it is has a bearing, but a range in my opinion would be 5,000 up to 12,000 per acre. Plot size would have an effect too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blondie20

yes, 20k sounds way off. prime agri land is going between 4-7k per acre so I would say around say around 5k would be about right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Without knowing where, but as an educated guess agricultural land per acre is between €10,000-€20,000 and annual rent is about €150 per acre per year.

Ah dear boy/girl the days of agri land fetching 20,000 and acre is long gone, unless of course maybe you are buying a stud farm in the Curragh.
    AFAIK that is only thing that reached anywhere near 20,000 in last year or two.

AFAIK agriculture land rental prices are based on quality, size and demand.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Have a read of the Farmers Journal. The property section on land sales has good info on the price of agricultural land around the country.

Recent auctions indicate that 5k per acre is what good agricultural land is making...sure why would it be more?? ...with no credit, rising interest rates, and decreasing prices for certain farm produce.

• Advertisement
Advertisement