Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband in Dublin 15?

• 16-06-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting fairly sick of Vodafone at the moment what with their DSL sync problems and now their adoption of the three strikes rule.

There just doesn't seem to be any worthwhile providers in the country anymore. All that's available to me is

Eircom and Perlico and Vodafone e.t.c. - No comment ;)
    Magnet - 5Mb broadband and no voice services available
    Smart - They seem to be extremely expensive now compared to Vodafone
    Digiweb - Terrible value and they only offer 12Mb on wireless at that :(
    Imagine - Seem to be good value but they only offer up to 7Mb and i'd rather not use wireless broadband due to ping times and the like.

What seems to be perfect is UPC but unluckily for me they have no plans to roll out to my area. Not later this year and more than likely not next year either.

I'm really stuck here on what to choose, I just cannot stand Vodafone's "service" any more.

Just to let you know, I'm on their €67 plan with 24Mb broadband and the anytime call package.

Is their anyone i've missed or is that all that's available at the moment? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

A good lot of Dublin 15 is being rebuilt by UPC this year. I take it you have looked at the upgrade map?
    http://www.upc.ie/media/2010/1/20/map_dublin.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Nope, carpenterstown area :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

according to the map...i do not have UPC network ! but...i'm on broadband from them for years !and the 30m full steam ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

That map is meaningless.

have you rung them and asked. Because people in LaurelLodge and Riverwood have it.

Advertisement