Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed limit after airport roundabout towards M1

Options
  • 16-06-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi there, can anyone tell me the speed limit after the airport roundabout and heading towards the second roundabout that either takes you north or southbound onto the M1? thanks, thought it was 80kph?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's definitely 60kph. My wife was caught speeding there, and it's a frequent place for a Gatso van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Paulw wrote: »
    It's definitely 60kph. My wife was caught speeding there, and it's a frequent place for a Gatso van.

thanks and ..........arsebiscuits - fine for me so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

60km/h, make sure you stick to this because the guards often have a Gatso speed camera van parked in to the left about 100m from were the airport and Swords lanes merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Defo 60 - also 60 on the backroad of the Airport (towards Ballymun/Naul) altough must cars go 80+.

Guards have been around the airport area the last couple of weeks with speeds checks.
    I was done for pretending to be a bus just before that roundabout last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

sNarah wrote: »
    Defo 60 - also 60 on the backroad of the Airport (towards Ballymun/Naul) altough must cars go 80+.

Guards have been around the airport area the last couple of weeks with speeds checks.
    I was done for pretending to be a bus just before that roundabout last week.

Done that a few times myself but not caught yet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Defo 60km. Got pulled in there by Garda with a speed camera.
    I asked her why it was that speed and she said because so many cars are switching lanes in such a sort space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

My one and only fine was on that stretch.....:( + 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

guards are always on the area just before the texaco garage heading to swords where the dog show place is too.. easy money for em. didnt realise the airport roundabout area was 60 though.

Advertisement