Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Art Practical, Ordinary Theory?

• 16-06-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

So, I'm going from spectacular failure to spectacular failure in these ol' exams o' mine.
    At this point it's unfortunately looking very likely that I may not even get the 5 passes I need for a PLC course. I was toying with the idea of dropping to Ordinary Art [in retrospective, I wish I'd abandoned my stupid principles and done so with English and/or History..] in order to maximise my chances of passing 5 subjects.
    Problem is, I've already done my practical at Higher level. Am I stuck? Because that would be something of a bollocks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

since the practical options at OL are different to higher i think you are , ill double check now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

you do realize your practical is worth 62.5%? you could already have a C! I wouldn't dream of dropping down if i were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

you do realize your practical is worth 62.5%? you could already have a C! I wouldn't dream of dropping down if i were you.

This. Honestly you probably have passed or gotten the aforementioned C at least unless you're certain you totally messed that up. Keep it up, it will be ok. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

JamesJB wrote: »
    This. Honestly you probably have passed or gotten the aforementioned C at least unless you're certain you totally messed that up. Keep it up, it will be ok. :cool:

Dropped down, for better or for worse. And did pretty badly, too [essay writing disaster, as per f-ing usual :mad:].
    We'll see how it goes, I guess.
    Didn't really trust myself to not fail, tbh. Practical didn't go too well, figure-drawing aside.

Guess it's what I get for realizing I have no artistic aptitude halfway through this year.

Advertisement