Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with College

• 16-06-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, I have just recently finished a level 5 fetac course in Photography and been offered a place to go onto 2nd year for the higer diploma. Which I was lucky to have recieved and am extremly grateful for the opportunity but the thing is I am unsure as to what to do as my main interest is Fine Art Photography and Photography as an Art. I love surrealism, concepts and ideas behind an image. 2nd year involves me having to shoot a wedding etc and thats not really what I want to do and am half thinking of giving up my place to someone who will be more deserving and who will work harder as I may not as I am not that interested in wedding, commercial etc photography. I'd happily do it but its not what I want to do in the future. Anyways I was just wondering if anybody on Boards.ie knows if there is anywhere in Limerick or outside (like an Art college etc) that I could apply to that do visual communications or something like that. Im so lost and dont want to do 2nd year if I feel I wont give it 100%. LSAD dont do anything to do with Photography or anything along the lines to do with Art Photography as a course. Any help would be kindly appreciated. Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

um... i went to LSAD [admitedly a few hundred years ago now] and went into sculpture in 2nd year.. but my diploma show was mostly photography and my degree show was performance and photography, so unless it's radically changed since i was there i'd say that'd be yer best bet. i can PM you a name of a guy to talk to if you like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rainbowcountry8

hey, I emailed them ages ago and they said photography is only a small part of the course. I have until the 1st July to change my mind on the CAO so I might change it to the 1st year Art & Design and I have also started building up my 'art' portfolio with drawings, paintings etc (they are crap) but I guess it is worth the shot. Thanks so much, if you could PM me the contact details of that person that would be great. Cheers for the advice.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

hey, I emailed them ages ago and they said photography is only a small part of the course. I have until the 1st July to change my mind on the CAO so I might change it to the 1st year Art & Design and I have also started building up my 'art' portfolio with drawings, paintings etc (they are crap) but I guess it is worth the shot. Thanks so much, if you could PM me the contact details of that person that would be great. Cheers for the advice.x

You have 2 choices, either take the place or don't. You can't use "change of mind" to apply for a new course, that is restricted. In other words if you want to do Fine Art, then your going to have to wait untill next year 2011. Submitting your porfolio next Feb 2011.

CAO :

"Restricted-Application Courses which are added for the
    first time via a Change of Mind are invalid choices and
    will not be considered"

NCAD:

In 2010, applicants to CAO Course Code
    AD111 in NCAD must submit a portfolio to:

The National College of Art
    and Design
    100 Thomas Street
    Dublin 8

by 5pm on Friday 5th February, 2010.