Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies

• 16-06-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Just wondering what is everyone doing for construction....
    Also just wondering for the drawings for strip foundations do people do hardcore,insulation,concrete slab, screed or do you put the screed between the screed and concrete slab ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

trepasers wrote: »
    Just wondering what is everyone doing for construction....
    Also just wondering for the drawings for strip foundations do people do hardcore,insulation,concrete slab, screed or do you put the screed between the screed and concrete slab ??

Screed on top ..thats how we learned it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

Yes but where does the insulation go ??

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

trepasers wrote: »
    Yes but where does the insulation go ??

Between the 2 walls. Between the concrete and hardcore. Mostly all around the house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

sooo screwed for this exam,, :eek: i have study time for it from friday evening on though, any tips on what to go over(/learn)..!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I'd say to go over all the drawings. Should cover ya for question 1 and maybe a second drawing question.
    U-Value of course :)
    Site Safety
    Water systems
    Planning/wheelchair accessible stuff
    Maybe building preservation/restoration
    Drainage

Anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 _Music_

ciano1 wrote: »
    I'd say to go over all the drawings. Should cover ya for question 1 and maybe a second drawing question.
    U-Value of course :)
    Site Safety
    Water systems
    Planning/wheelchair accessible stuff
    Maybe building preservation/restoration
    Drainage

Anything else?

A man after myself :) Thats what im learning aswell!! May even leave out the wheelchair section if i dont have time!!:rolleyes: Anyone predictions for the Q1 drawing? My teacher mention the window and cill one! I dont know though!:cool: Oh and for the strip foundation i learnt...: 150mm Hardcore - 25mm sand blinding - DPM - 50mm Insulation - 150 Conc Slab - 75mm Screed!

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Between the 2 walls. Between the concrete and hardcore. Mostly all around the house :D

Cheers :D:D

our teacher gave us a load to learn about timber frames ?? more learning :(:(

Advertisement