Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I switch to Vodafone from Eircom?

• 16-06-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Ok, so prices aside and also not minding the current news about how Vodafone are set to clamp down on illegal file sharing just like Eircom, should I switch to Vodafone?

Does anyone who has switched ISP's have any recommendatons or suggestions? We're currently on a simple Eircom 3MB package, and we're considering switching to Vodafone (also 3MB). Does Vodafone tend to be more reliable?

The last few weeks, Eircom has been flakey for me. Constantly going down and stuff. I'd love to hear some opinions from people who have switched and whether it's gone well or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

The only plus is the price really. And maybe the cap (if eircom enforce theirs with the rollout of uncongested broadband).

I switched from Eircoms 24mb line because they basically left me disconnected for weeks at a time with no explanation. Im now on Vodafone 7meg and the issues seem to have cleared up.

The problem is if anything does happen. I whinge to Vodafone and they whinge to Eircom. If its a line fault Eircom do not have to fix it, or they can take their time and fcuk about taking more time than dealing with Eircom directly. When you have a problem with your connection/profile etc, essentially Vodafone are the middlemen if a situation arises.

Advertisement