Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike size query!

• 16-06-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31

Hello folks,

I recently, well 2 weeks back, ordered a cube attempt '10 in cycle super store. This will be my first road bike and I was under the impression I would be ordering a size 56ish bike (I am 5ft 11). When I asked about sizing, suggesting I was about a size 56, I was told I would be a size 60 as the bike was a smaller sizing?? So the bike was put on the roller and I tried it out, seemed ok but what would I know. I thought nothing of it until today, when I talked to two guys apparently in the know and they are adamant, this cube in a size 60 is far too big?? I am worried this will caused problems as I up the mileage (currently doing about 40K spins on a road cruiser). Should I go for a smaller size?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've read before that Cube frames run small and people have bought one size up (but not two sizes). Perhaps some Cube owners would like to chime in? Do your friends have specific experience with Cube frames are is it just a case they think a 60cm frame in general is too big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 El Hamos

Hey El tonto,

No, they were talking in general. If a size up is common with cube bikes, I might wait until it is ready and bring an experienced head with me before making a decision. It might be fine. Anyone had this experience with cube bikes?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

Cube do in fact have a strange way of sizing their bikes.
    The 60cm has a 58cm seattube and a 570mm effective top tube.(arguably the most important measurement)
    I am 5 10 and ride a 560 top tube normally. I have had bikes with 570 and longer tt and got good position on them.
    I think 58 or 60 cube will do ya.

Here is Attempt geometry.
    http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/attempt-red_id_36200_.htm
    Frame sizing simplified.
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-sizing.html

Edit I was a lot younger and more flexible when I rode a longer top tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 El Hamos

Thanks folks,

Picked up the bike today and the fit is fine. Cube seem to have a very strange geometry. Its a great bike. Time to put some mileage on it:)

Advertisement