Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit Masters - entry requirement

Options
  • 16-06-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am considering applying for a few courses in Smurfit either this year or next year, unfortunately I received a 2.2 in my degree - realistically what are my chances of getting in with this grade.

the course in particular I am interested in is Human Resource Management.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

2.2 is the min requirement for the HRM one so id say youd get in. I doubt a 12 grand course will be over subscribed to. id say your chances are high with a decent application and maybe a good academic reference or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Obviously it will vary from course to course, but I do know students who are currently studying in Smurfit who received a 2.2 degree. The best thing to do would be to contact the course director directly, preferably by phone or in person, and have a chat with them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

You should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RachaelBM11

Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but I'm pretty much in the same boat- I received a conditional offer for MSC marketing in smurfit to start in September but as I'm currently doing my final year exams I am anxious that I may graduate with a 2.2.

Is it still possible to get in on this? I'm wondering if anyone has experience on getting a full offer on a 2.2 grade?

Thank you,

Rachael

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If in doubt contact the Smurfit office, they generally turn around such issues and questions pretty well..

As above, not many of the courses at Smurfit are over subscribed, so if you have an offer and are near the entrance criteria you should be ok, if in doubt, contact them and speak/explain your story to a real person!

• Advertisement
Advertisement