Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beethoven Pathetique Sonata 1st Mov. HELP!!!

Options
  • 16-06-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Currently I am learning Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata 1st Movement on the piano! I can play the first two pages hands together at a moderate tempo (Bars 1-56)!

The problem, is when i get to Bar 57,58,65 and 66 (The Bars where the Right Hand Crosses over the Left Hand) and any other bars with these trills in the Right Hand, I just can't seem to get the trills sound right and I don't know how to play them! :mad:

I already know how to play these sort of trills already but in this piece I just dont know how to play them!

I really want to continue to play this piece but unfortanetly I can't because of these Bars!! :( Any advice, help, hints and tips from everyone would be great and really appreciated!

I NEED HELP FAST!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

They are usually played something like this...

untitled%204.bmp

Fingering: I'd personally use 2321, 2321, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Fyan

Hi, this is easy! Play two hands separately and slowly for many many times and put them together and then speed up.... see, these are the keys for all problems but I assume you just need more foundation exercises because these bars shouldn't be problems for a player can play this piece properly. BTW, if you play it in a moderate tempo, it'd be way too slow. Enjoy!;)

Advertisement