Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all those women who don't understand the offside rule during the world cup

• 16-06-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Offside.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Mods please delete pic wont load up it did in preview sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Works for me. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Mildly amusing, not worthy of a thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I had to explain the offside rule to an american flatmate of mine today (aswell as a lot of the other rules). He got it dtraight off and actually became more interested in the game once he understood the rules.

why did you edit out the pic? maybe not worthy of a thread i dunno but now it def isnt and no mildly ammusing pic for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

I cant see the pic from my puter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Here you are......

The Offside Rule Explained For Women
    You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till.

Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also & is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and,
    "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown",
    it would be plain wrong to be in front of the other shopper!

NOW DO YOU GET IT?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus I'm legit amazed at that pic, incredible stuff. Sometimed they do tell 1000 words.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Here you are......

The Offside Rule Explained For Women
    You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till.

Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also & is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and,
    "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

NOW DO YOU GET IT?!!

The first time I read that, I couldn't get my head around it at all. :confused: I read it 4 or 5 times before I could see how it explained the offside rule...and I bloody understand the offside rule!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Jimmyboss wrote: »

NOW DO YOU GET IT?!!

But what if the shop assistant is only walking over to the till and you are actually ahead of her?

Or you step in front of the other shopper and the puse is thrown but you leave it and your mate catches the purse is it ok to buy the shoes then?

Advertisement