Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roasted peppers - what to do!

Options
  • 16-06-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm liking the sound of roasted red peppers so recently I bought a jar of them in oil. They smell nice, but how exactly are you meant to eat them? Do you fry them? Put them in salads?

Help! I need recipes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Try setting out a plate with some antipasto meats, (prosciutto, sopressa, chorizo maybe), a couple of artichokes, some olives, the peppers in oil, a bit of rocket, some sourdough bread (like a sliced ciabatta).... and eat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Thanks TS! I'm low carbing it so I don't eat bread but I like the idea of the meats!

How would I incorporate roasted peppers into a dinner say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They'd be lovely in a creamy pasta sauce with chicken & parmesean.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

you could make roast pepper and sweet potato soup. with coriander! yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Take a chicken fillet and slit it making a pocket effect. Stuff the peppers into the pocket and grill/bbq or bake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

The roasted peppers are very handy if you're making lasagne or a mince-type dish. Just add 1-2 sliced roasted pepers to the fried mince when you're adding the tomato sauce, stock etc. and let it cook away. The peppers will disappear in the suace and add extra flavour to the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kadok123

How does this sound...

Halved peppers filled with garlic and mushrooms, then topped with goats cheese and roasted...

Am such a novice... just posted msg along the same lines in the cooking club in error... hope they'll forgive a newbie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I use roasted peppers in salads, especially a pasta salad and then use a little bit of their oil in the dressing. You can also wrap halloumi cheese in them and heat in the oven, maybe sprinkle some chilli flakes over for a little kick then serve with a green salad. Delish!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

kadok123 wrote: »
    How does this sound...

Halved peppers filled with garlic and mushrooms, then topped with goats cheese and roasted...

Am such a novice... just posted msg along the same lines in the cooking club in error... hope they'll forgive a newbie:)

I'd suggest you fire some cous cous in with the garlic and mushrooms but it'll be tasty either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

They're delicious the way they are.. And the sweet flesh is a really good counterbalance to the tang of Goats' Cheese.

Here's the recipe that we use:
    http://www.chilliandchocolate.com/recipe-grilled-goats-cheese-salad/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Chopped, on a bagel, with chicken, caeser dressing, rocket and parmesan shavings. yum!

Advertisement