Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Predictions/Discussion

Options
  • 16-06-2010 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I couldn't find a thread on music so I stopped looking and just thought I'd start a new one.
    Anyone got any predictions on what could be coming up?I heard a minor melody but who knows.Also how do you feel on the listening?That's my worst section by farI hope The Beatles is the main question but I doubht it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Bitta Tiesto would be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Awh boysh da Tiesto! Haven't heard much except I think Deane is going to be the major listening question. I'm gonna learn Deane and The Beatles the most anyways, they haven't been asked in a while yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

I dont know about The Beatles but Deane yea.It's been a good while.I hate him though.Youd hardly call it music.And hopefully the Irish music essay will be straight forward too

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Deane?? :(

Yea as in 'Seachanges'.Its tipped to be the main question but with all the other wrong predictions who knows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Doodle53 wrote: »
    Yea as in 'Seachanges'.Its tipped to be the main question but with all the other wrong predictions who knows

Please god NOOO :( Did your teacher tell you that? My teacher doesn't do predictions. Probably a good thing though...

Yea she did.Now I dont know how good her predictions are so dont take my word ha.Its just what she thinks.I hope shes wrong but I dont think its come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

deane is a DISGRACE to the name of music...serrriously, it's genuinely PAINFUL to listen to. those high c's on the piccolo??? who in their right mind would ever enjoy listening to that??? i could rant on and on but it's hardly going to change anything...hope to f**k it's never on the course again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fuzzel

I keep telling myself that Deane is growing on me... If I say it enough maybe I'll believe it.
    Did the beatles come up as the main question last year?
    I have plenty of time to learn them now so I'm going to learn them all thoroughly and hopefully come out with the vast majority of the marks for the set works (that combined with the practicle should hopefully make up for an awful awful aural skills section).

In fairness though, from exercises we've done in class it looks like instrumental techniques come up quite often. And they're learnable (talking about Deane here).

• Advertisement

Oh and compositional techniques. All those arsehole techniques he's got...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Deane is an absolute champ.

Deane is an absolute champ.

good evening Raymond how are you ? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

I love deane! i hope to god it comes up!! its so much easier than mozart and berlioz!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

I love deane! i hope to god it comes up!! its so much easier than mozart and berlioz!

I totally agree - it's really easy to follow after you get over the weirdness!

Macca and crew ftr..

Macca and crew ftr..

I saw Macca on Saturday last :D Even gave me some LC tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Lads saw a dean DVD there in class and he says and i quote 'listening to oneself can be a painful experience sometimes' and feck that i agree!!

but in fairness we hate it that much how can we not remember it Simples!!

chillian17 wrote: »

I'm sorry ... I'm a little lost, who are we talking about here and can you give us any of these tips? :)

fuzzel wrote: »
    Did the beatles come up as the main question last year?.

Yea it did unfortunately!They got lucky!I hate Deane but yea I agree that its easier to follow cause Mozart and Berlioz are quite similar.
    All in all the whole listening paper is a joke.Scrap the set works and just stick with the Irish Music and Unheard sections if you ask me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Im gonna right what I said in the other thread ages ago. I've worked it out by looking at the papers and from what I can see it'd gonna be Movement 1 or 3 from Mozart, Seachanges or When I'm '64. But '64 seems a bit too easy for the main qs and while it wouldn't surprise me cause its never been done before I can't see Deane being asked, it likes being qs 4 tongue.gif

As for the irish music essay my bets would be north america, collectors, o'riarda/instumental group and sean nos. Again that just me looking through papers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

While Deane is an absolute atroscity to listen to, its far simpler than Berlioz or Mozart IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

I really think with a bit of study that Deane is easier,

his work is a lot shorter than the others and very repetitive

anyone else agree????
    While Deane is an absolute atroscity to listen to, its far simpler than Berlioz or Mozart IMO.

+1

chillian17 wrote: »

Nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I like seachanges...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jaffaroll

Not much point trying to predict. They all come up and you need to know everything on them all. Hopefully Deane comes up as Q1 because there is very little they can ask on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

Im PRAYING its Deane.... its the easier one, or beatles but that was last year which was nice.... but Deane is mad easy, loads of Q on techniques compositional and instrumental etc.#minor melody would be nice but dont want minor harmony, theyre bitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

Doodle53 wrote: »
    All in all the whole listening paper is a joke.Scrap the set works and just stick with the Irish Music and Unheard sections if you ask me

Are you actually thick like? the irish section is the most pointless of the exam! Berlioz and Mozart created proper music! not just some twat from conemara on a whistle...good lord what kind of music students is there around the country like!! :O

Cathal93 wrote: »
    Are you actually thick like? the irish section is the most pointless of the exam! Berlioz and Mozart created proper music! not just some twat from conemara on a whistle...good lord what kind of music students is there around the country like!! :O

Isn't music supposed to be all about your own opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

Isn't music supposed to be all about your own opinion?
    Yup defo is about your opinion whether you like pop or rock berlioz or the chieftains

i mean some people are stronger at doing the irish music.. i find thats my strongest cuz i play it while others in my class prefer mozart or berlioz cuz they play piano etc & are better at reading the notes etc...

as for trying to pass an old man from connemara playing the whistle off as music?

they're passing seachanges off as music arent they?:P

Advertisement