Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Biology Question...

• 16-06-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

would i get away with just knowing unit one, and then all HUMAN biology as opposed to plant biology? Plant biology just doesnt stick in my head at all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

I'd say you could get away with not doing plant biology but are you not doing photosynthesis/respiration and genetics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

yeah i aint doing plant or genetics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

yeah im dropping to ordinary and not doin genetics or plant anything if i can get away with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Is this enough to study??
    -EcoLoGy + Waste Management,Pollution,conservation
    -Genetics+Genetic engineering+Dna & Rna
    -Respiration
    -PhoToSyNtheSiS
    -MicroBioLoGy..fungi/bacteria/viruses
    -Nephron+Excretion
    -Ear
    -Reproduction ( Plants + HumaN)
    -Digestive System
    -EnzyMes ( Brief)
    -Food for the q1 on short q aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

the dude writing the paper is a big genetics fan so you may as well learn it, its easy enough and your guaranteed it!! and learn either photosynthesis or respiration

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

ive tried genetics and i just dont get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 leinster2010

Try know genetics, evolution & variation, and viruses & immunity..
    Guy writing is a big genetics fan
    Darwin was in the news there at the end of last year about that movie and they like to relate it to the real world and all that ****e :P
    and with the whole Swine Flu thing we could be looking at a Q on viruses and whatnot :P
    But then again, the papers so far have shown no one can predict what's gonna come up :P

Sexual reproduction in plants came up last year so hopefully won't be up this year, I hate the plant section :P but know photosynthesis anyway.. Good luck!

btw what are the predictions for experiments..
    from looking what has come up before i've narrowed it down to these
    -Quantitave Study in an ecosystem ( it came up as part of ecology last yr but u never know)
    -To examine plant or animal cells using microscope
    -ph/temperature on enzyme action
    -To prepare and show the production of yeast by alcohol
    -Osmosis
    -To isolate dna from a plant tissue
    -To investigate the growth of leaf yeast
    -Disection of the heart
    -Exercise on Pulse rate

guess i gotta study all these and what i've said about till early (about 3) then it comes down to the paper :pac:

Some further predictions :
    Short Q:Food,ecology & mitosis seem to always come up rest is usually random
    Long Q:
    -Photosynthesis as a long Q maybe respiration as a short
    -Genetics As usual
    -Ecology as usual
    -If u study the above 3 Q's then theres a high probability tht you've just answered 3/4 long q's already..further predictions onto this
    -Nephron & excretions
    -Virus or bacteria since fungi came up last year
    -Male Reproduction

Based on this u should be covered in my opinion :) but i apologise if they throw a curveball like boland again :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

would i get away with just knowing unit one, and then all HUMAN biology as opposed to plant biology? Plant biology just doesnt stick in my head at all!

I don't think it's a good idea to leave out plants... just my opinion

Im leaving out plants coz its just rly annoying but learn photosynthesis for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

This will help, I guarantee it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1_uez5WX1o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

This is stupid. I loathe this subject. I have no idea why I forced myself through this over the past 2 years. I tried to study a while ago and got nowhere, fast. Now I've no study done, I'm confident I won't fail, but regardless, this is the only exam that is stressing me out. The second I leave Biology tomorrow, well, I will be overcome with joy.

Advertisement