Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results and appealing question

Options
  • 16-06-2010 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I got my results online and beside an exam I failed it had 'referred'. Does this actually mean anything other than the fact it needs to be repeated?

With regards to appealing. I feel one of my lectures doesn't particularly like me and is marking me accordingly. Obviously I can't prove but they gave me much lower marks for group work and marked my exam and assignments extremely harshly. I admit I did poorly in the exam but the lecturer absolutely crucified me with their marking.

What is the best way to go about appealing a situation like this? Also, should I appeal straight away even though the results may not be finalised or should I wait until I receive a copy in the post? Is it advisable to attend the appeals board or will what I say fall on deaf ears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

The subject I failed consists of two assignments and a written exam all of which carry a certain percentage of the year. The lecturer was unnecessarily harsh on marking me in all three areas.

As I am unable to repeat the two assignments in September, only the written exam. Worst case scenario, if I do not get enough marks in the repeat exam to pass the subject and I am unable to carry the fail forward into the next year of the course. Is it normally possible to take the year off and repeat that individual subject externally next May, including assignments and the exam, or will I be restricted to repeating the exam only?

Also, would I be required to pay the full cost of the year or just the cost of the exam as I would not be attending lectures. Finally if this is even possible, I guess I would not need to repeat the subjects that I have already passed.

I apologise for all the questions but getting information out of DIT is next to impossible and surely someone on here had a similar experience. I would appreciate any input.

Advertisement