Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered post

Options
  • 16-06-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I had registered post delivered to me on monday. I didn't receive it on tuesday, and then I didn't receive it today, wednesday, either, which worried me a bit. So I got the tracking number and checked the status of my mail online. It said that it wasn't delivered because there was noone home.
    Doesn't the post man leave a message in your post box to tell you he was there and where to collect it? And don't I need to bring this with me when I go to pick it up? Does anyone know if it's ok to pick it up without this message? Especially if it's someone else who will be collecting it, as I work a long way from home and won't be around during business hours to pick it up myself.
    I'm pretty annoyed, as I need this really urgently, and they weren't bothered to tell me that my post was available. Bah!

Comments

Yes they normally leave a docket stating that the item couldn't be delivered and to pick it up at a specific post office or sorting office - for example, I have to go to the Whitehall sorting office on Griffith Avenue. I was never in a situation where I hadn't received the docket. Maybe call or visit your local sorting office and see if they can help you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't waste any time either, a registered letter will be returned to sender after 3 working days.

Advertisement