Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No activity when I press the power button

Options
  • 16-06-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Up until a couple of weeks ago my self built rig was working perfectly. But now nothing at all happens when I press the power button on the front of my case.

Main components -
    i7-920
    ASUS P6T
    Corsair XMS3 6gb 1600mhz DDR3
    Corsair HX750W
    HD 5770

I've dismantled and reassembled my rig several times to make sure everything is in place, no good.
    PSU is working as I did the functionality test shown on the corsair support site. So i don't think that is the problem.
    Tried to power on with just 1 DIMM in the orange A1 slot on my motherboard (P6T), no good either.

The power and reset buttons on my motherboard are blinking red and green respectively, I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be continuously lit but i cant seem to remedy this at all.

Has anybody here got any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shanous

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Could be the case... try removing all the frontpanel connections and jumping the power switch pins to see if it comes on the hard way...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanous

Removed all connections leading to the front panel, USBs and Firewire included. Do i need to take the mobo out of the case? Just tried to jump it with a needle nose pliers while inside the case but absolutely nothing happened

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If so then take it out, lie it on something non-conductive and static-resistant and try jumping it again.

Advertisement