Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to the city via M20 to close 21st June.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

zuroph wrote: »
    when the road opens you'll be able to exit there when comiong FROM the tunnel direction right?
    so, in from adare, up onto new motorway, off at the dock road interchange, around the roundabout, back up onto the motorway dublin bound, and exit for rosbrien. avoiding the traffic at the old crescent rugby road, it will take about 3 minutes I'd estimate?

Except that part wont be open until the 16th of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Its another factor in the death of Limerick's City Centre; Its literally impeding Peoples passage towards the City Centre and conveniently sending them into the Crescent by the thousands.......

- Well done drunken Councillors and half-arsed Politicians!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I wish they'd just found some way of building this amazing tunnel and bypass without ever having to acutally build it or slightly inconvenience anyone. like, if we all just woke up and it was there :rolleyes:

The road won't enter Rosbrien because of the idiot locals. they campaigned hard for it years ago, then became very fond of their easy access and backtracked. The only people I feel sorry for are the Maldron owners, and even they should have done more research.

The access points to the city will be the tipp interchange, and the dock road interchange. its 5 minutes in either direction. if you want off at rosbrien, swing around the roundabout at dock road and come back dublin direction to exit. Yes there will be traffic delays for a few weeks while the road is finished, but these things don't build themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its still open tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

Is it open this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

xi wrote: »
    Is it open this morning?

No, it is closed now.

Is it open this morning?
    ink wrote: »
    No, it is closed now.

They didn't kill themselves with local signage advising of the change anyhow - I'd say a lot of People ended up driving 4 miles out to the Tipperary Rd. exit in confusion this morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

This is my take on a solution to the closing off of access to Childers road - for traffic on the M20 take M7 for Dublin and new off ramp onto Roxborough road..for traffic westbound on M7 take new exit before M20 exit and also connect back onto Roxborough road...easy and only abour 50p to build-- takes traffic upto roundabout at the shopping centre...much better than down at lights near Maldron...

gryff wrote: »
    This is my take on a solution to the closing off of access to Childers road - for traffic on the M20 take M7 for Dublin and new off ramp onto Roxborough road..for traffic westbound on M7 take new exit before M20 exit and also connect back onto Roxborough road...easy and only abour 50p to build-- takes traffic upto roundabout at the shopping centre...much better than down at lights near Maldron...

Ha?

- Whats wrong with the perfectly good road that is already in place, paid for and was working at least reasonably well until just yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Raiser wrote: »
    Ha?

- Whats wrong with the perfectly good road that is already in place, paid for and was working at least reasonably well until just yesterday?

The road in use for the past couple of months was clearly temporary as it involved making a U-turn on what will be a motorway in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The road in use for the past couple of months was clearly temporary as it involved making a U-turn on what will be a motorway in a couple of weeks.

I think Raiser is talking about the inwards stretch of road that passes the Roxboro swimming pool and connects to Childer's road and not the temp section of road.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I think Raiser is talking about the inwards stretch of road that passes the Roxboro swimming pool and connects to Childer's road and not the temp section of road.

Surely we could commission hundreds of Civil Engineers to brainstorm the problem of the missing .25km of tarmac between the new Rosbrien Interchange and the perfectly viable road that currently passes the Maldron Hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

But you cant get onto that inward stretch from the M20 once the flyover is open because the exit road taking traffic from the M18 eastbound down and under the bridge to the M20 blocks it.... the temporary arrangement that was in place was they way to get around this...

ps... not much swimming going on in the pool these days...

But you cant get onto that inward stretch from the M20 once the flyover is open because the exit road taking traffic from the M18 eastbound down and under the bridge to the M20 blocks it.... the temporary arrangement that was in place was they way to get around this...

Perhaps I'm guilty of over-simplification of this - Anyone see any leftover bits of Tunnel lying around at the open-day on Sat?

Is the pool gone? I learn something new every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!!

9f10-big.jpg

:D

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth Like a genuine, Bona fide, Electrified,Six-car Monorail!

Whats it called?

Monorail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I hear those things are awfully loud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

I could understand why they did not open one side of the road from Rosbrien onto the Dock road. They been training people for months to use that turn off junction for Limerick route.
    Now they are going to undo that Training and cause future damage by closing the junction and force people to others routes that cannot handle the increase of Traffic. If this happen two years ago during the Boom times, we be in a nightmare situation now with extra traffic flows onto already congested routes.

limklad wrote: »
    I could understand why they did not open one side of the road from Rosbrien onto the Dock road. They been training people for months to use that turn off junction for Limerick route.
    Now they are going to undo that Training and cause future damage by closing the junction and force people to others routes that cannot handle the increase of Traffic. If this happen two years ago during the Boom times, we be in a nightmare situation now with extra traffic flows onto already congested routes.

When it will really get noticed is in the autumn when the schools and colleges go back, and all that extra traffic is on the road each morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

As Zuroph pointed out, this has been in the pipeline for over 10 years. The locals didn't want that road connected to the motorway and lobbied extensively to have it stopped. They were successful and now we're left with the situation we're in today.

Yes it has become convenient but it was only ever supposed to be a temporary access route during construction of the motorway.

foinse wrote: »
    As Zuroph pointed out, this has been in the pipeline for over 10 years. The locals didn't want that road connected to the motorway and lobbied extensively to have it stopped. They were successful and now we're left with the situation we're in today.

Yes it has become convenient but it was only ever supposed to be a temporary access route during construction of the motorway.

Can we not just "regenerate" Carew Park too - That is if its not already on the flattening list?

- Instant solution......

mushroom-cloud.jpg

foinse wrote: »
    I hear those things are awfully loud!

It glides as softly as a cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

When it will really get noticed is in the autumn when the schools and colleges go back, and all that extra traffic is on the road each morning.
    I have already noticed. After the secondary schools are off. It easy to get onto the road in the morning, but this week, It is a lot harder to get out of my estate with the extra traffic through Dooradoyle.:mad:
    I like my summers off too with less traffic going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

It glides as softly as a cloud.
    Is there a chance the track could bend?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

kojack wrote: »
    Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life, my Hindu friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not on your life, my Hindu friend!

What about us brain-dead slobs?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    What about us brain-dead slobs?

You'll be given cushy jobs!

Advertisement