Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The WEEE scheme only works if you buy a new console, and want to get rid of your old one for free. They test the console so they won't give you anything if it doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Sell it for parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

So does anyone know what smyths are doing as far as offers are concerned? Phoned them and the girl didn't have a clue.

Gamestops offer for €270 w/ 4 games and the controller extra seems like the best. But the local branch here said this evening they are overbooked and will be for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Have mine in GameStop. Not sure which bundle to go for yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Went to the Local GS in Cork the other day, the bloke who i think was the manager said that they are getting in 200 new xbox's and they have ALL been pre-ordered!!!! WTF???? There's too many inconsiderate arseholes round my neck of the woods I'll tell ya!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

funkyflea wrote: »
    So does anyone know what smyths are doing as far as offers are concerned? Phoned them and the girl didn't have a clue.

Gamestops offer for €270 w/ 4 games and the controller extra seems like the best. But the local branch here said this evening they are overbooked and will be for a while.
    Do you know what the four games are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yeah that sounds reasonable if theres 4 games with it

probably be a week or 2 before i actually get one since i wasnt arsed pre ordering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CarefulNow wrote: »
    Do you know what the four games are?

Halo ODST, Forza 3, Pure and Lego Batman. Might get FIFA 09 too.

Yep chrislad's right + the extra controller. The best deal I've seen so far. But they've told me they won't get them back in for a while, after preorders are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

So do ye lads reckon if i show up with my Elite 360 in the morning to HMV (Cork, specifically) i might be able to get my hands on one using the trade-in offer? There seems to a limited amount of them judging by the posts being left on the boards. Thx!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Demios wrote: »
    So do ye lads reckon if i show up with my Elite 360 in the morning to HMV (Cork, specifically) i might be able to get my hands on one using the trade-in offer? There seems to a limited amount of them judging by the posts being left on the boards. Thx!

Why don't you ring them before ya go in, save ya the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Amazon have shipped mine already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

FutureGuy wrote: »
    HMV won't take my elite off me. Why?

It RROD'ed? - No
    I dropped it in a bucket of water? - No
    The dog had its way with it? - No

The reason I was given was....

It's red.

When will this racism end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Why don't you ring them before ya go in, save ya the hassle.

To be fair that crossed my mind and i would, only they never answer the bloody thing. Its annoying to say the least. Feck it, ill probably just drive in to them in the morning and check it out. Cheers though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

My Elite got a bad dose of the RROD three weeks ago and after sending it back to MS, I went straight to Gamestop and preordered the slim with a view to trading in the refurb when it came back. The refurb arrived back yesterday, just in time to be given the boot tomorrow. :)
    In fairness to the lads in Gamestop, they took my Elite HDD (which is about 3/4 full) today so they could copy everything to the new one so I wouldn't have to hang around for a couple of hours tomorrow waiting for it to be done.
    Really looking forward to it now, missed gaming for the last three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I've already forgotten the prices but the offers are from €250 to €290

€250 is console plus second controller and Lego Batman and Pure. €285 I think for the €250 offer plus another game, choosing from a selection that includes Iron Man 2, Tiger Woods 11, Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, NFS Shift, Brutal Legend, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno. Only ONE game from that list though, don't forget!

The €290 offer is the same as the €285 except instead of the second controller and Lego Batman and Pure you're looking at the Sky Pack with the Remote, 3 Month Live Sub, 1 Month Sky Entertainment & Sports Sub. Or now that I think of it that offer may have the second controller but not Lego Batman and Pure, can't remember!

Also, everyone keep in mind, any store offering a second controller and Lego Batman and Pure, they are WEP packs from the previous model and therefore the controller does not include the play & charge kit like the new ones do, just make sure nobody gets duped with this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

they fcking flog off lego batman with friggin everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was just able to reserve on at Argos online for €239.99. Don't seem to have any in Dublin City Centre, but got on in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

28 minutes until i have my first x box. So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

got mine im hmv grafton st.

i traded in my 120gb elite and mw2.

i got the new xbox with alan wake and toy story 3 for 114 euro.

very happy with that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Are they all sold out everywhere? I'm in no mad hurry to get one, but just realised I've a half day today, so might try to pick one up if they're available.

niallon wrote: »
    I've already forgotten the prices but the offers are from €250 to €290

€250 is console plus second controller and Lego Batman and Pure. €285 I think for the €250 offer plus another game, choosing from a selection that includes Iron Man 2, Tiger Woods 11, Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, NFS Shift, Brutal Legend, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno. Only ONE game from that list though, don't forget!

The €290 offer is the same as the €285 except instead of the second controller and Lego Batman and Pure you're looking at the Sky Pack with the Remote, 3 Month Live Sub, 1 Month Sky Entertainment & Sports Sub. Or now that I think of it that offer may have the second controller but not Lego Batman and Pure, can't remember!

Also, everyone keep in mind, any store offering a second controller and Lego Batman and Pure, they are WEP packs from the previous model and therefore the controller does not include the play & charge kit like the new ones do, just make sure nobody gets duped with this one!

Thanks! I rang them this morning before I read this post. Gonna drive up to Waterford and pick one up after work for €250 I'd say. Don't think the €285 offer is great though really you're paying €35 for one of those other games. (even though it is cheaper).

Well anyone picked theirs up yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone know xtravisions offers? I have mucho credit with them.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone know xtravisions offers? I have mucho credit with them.

€264.99 with HDMI cable and one game worth over €19.99

They said they'd have better offers next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

I just rang HMV in Crescent SC Limerick to verify my pre-order they got in 26 unit 20 have been pre-ordered... I'm so glad I pre-ordered !!:D

HMV-
    The BASIC PACKAGE cost is €223.49 with one wireless controller (without play n charge) although they have other offers too like two controllers & play n' charge for around €280 with game and anothER for offer for 250 wiht games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

€264.99 with HDMI cable and one game worth over €19.99

They said they'd have better offers next week.

Thats spastic having offers after the launch, thats ****n extravision for ya.

thank god they have only about a year left :)

Besides the couple of inches i will save , why should i choose the slim over my elite ? Sorry , i have not been following it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Quieter
    In-built wireless
    250gig HDD as standard
    Integrated port for Kinect meaning you dont need to run it off the mains.
    More USB ports at the back (4 in total).
    Possibly wont RROD*****
    Uglier

Yeah thats about it I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

Besides the couple of inches i will save , why should i choose the slim over my elite ? Sorry , i have not been following it .

more reliable hardware, overheat auto shut-off no more RROD so they say anyway remains to be seen,

250gig internal HDD, internal wireless adapter, Kinnect port... to mention a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

because...you will not be part of the "exclusive" have fanboi status otherwise.

Wait till xmas till it comes down or something. It still plays the same games, still has the same controllers, still has basically all the same features.
    If you stuck it inside a BOX with a '?' on it and played a game...would you notice the difference ?...hmmm

Advertisement