Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

Comments

So when Kinnetic comes out if you have a normal xbox , you cannot use it ? ? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

You can if ya buy the adapter, im guessing one comes with the kenect package tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I believe the Kinect needs a separate power supply on the pre-Slim Xboxes. On the Slim, it's just a USB connection. The Kinect will work on all versions of the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

chrislad wrote: »
    I believe the Kinect needs a separate power supply on the pre-Slim Xboxes. On the Slim, it's just a USB connection. The Kinect will work on all versions of the Xbox.

Yup what he said...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    If you stuck it inside a BOX with a '?' on it and played a game...would you notice the difference ?...hmmm
    Noise wise? Hopefully! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Was just on to HMV there, decent deal.. I can turn up with my xbox, they check it out... Give me the deal on a trade. I take my old xbox home with the new one(you've to pay for it in full) and the transfer cable(U need to buy this) and transfer all my stuff over at home (2 weeks to do this) then I bring my 360 back and they give me back the cash for the trade in... Decent way of doing it as it saves hanging around the shop waiting for them to do it. Still, gonna see if I can fit all my data onto a usb key (tried to explain to the manager than u can copy upto 16gb onto a usb key/hd but he kept telling me it was 1gb max)

Oh, they'll take the transfer cable off u as part of the trade too when u bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Picking up mine in town when I get off work. *Excitement*

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Whats the bundles like in HMV?
    I see Alan Wake and Toy Story 3 mentioned in one above any others?
    Argos is looking decent at 240

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

I have an arcade model I bought a 120 gig HD for it ages ago. How much will i get from HMV doing on trade in ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All the Argos city centre shops are letting you reserve it, to pick up today or tomorrow now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

They must have just come back in. They were all sold out about an hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It doesn't come with a play and charge kit, you lied to me boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ShaneU wrote: »
    It doesn't come with a play and charge kit, you lied to me boards!
    It did, we just stole your one. We're b@stards like that. :P

It's €260 for the console and a game in gamestop, crackdown 2 and red dead were on the ad so I assume it includes most new releases.

Girl at the counter said I couldn't get the deal because I got 25% extra on my xbox trade-in, weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I got 360 slim + Alan Wake + Tiger Woods 11 for €260 in HMV Cruises Street.
    I traded in my Elite for €123 so bundle cost me €137.
    Happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got mine. Paid nothing with trades. Picked up Toy Story 3 with it for 260 total.

Guy behind me was queuing for 30 mins just to be told "No pre order, no console"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Amazon delivered mine...it's so quiet o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Gamestop in Douglas in Cork only have pre-ordered consoles. Pretty unimpressed with their trade in prices though. Console is 250 Euro, and if you trade in a Wii, it's 150.

So I think I'll sell my Wii and Xbox separately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=9263910

For anyone who can make it up the North, under €240 for the console with GoW 2, Fable 2, PGR4, Forza 2, Halo 3 and Halo Wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Gamestop in Douglas in Cork only have pre-ordered consoles. Pretty unimpressed with their trade in prices though. Console is 250 Euro, and if you trade in a Wii, it's 150.

So I think I'll sell my Wii and Xbox separately!
    Reserved one online to pick up tomorrow at Argos on Grand Parade. (€239.99)

Worked out 50c more expensive than Amazon though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

My Xbox has the RROD and I was going to skip this because of it but I'm hungover and thinking about getting it now.

Just wondering does anyone know how much I would get for trading in a 20GB hard drive and the standard wireless adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmacma

Got mine with Alan wake, Lego Batman and Pure for 250 in Gamestop.. With all the stuff i traded in, it only cost 30 quid..

It's eerily quiet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

bmacma wrote: »
    Got mine with Alan wake, Lego Batman and Pure for 250 in Gamestop.. With all the stuff i traded in, it only cost 30 quid..

It's eerily quiet

What did you trade in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

It's worse then the PS3 for fingerprints and dust, and 1 clean with even the softest microfibre cloth, even an ostrich duster causes annoying micro scratches on the thing. Bloody piano black finish. Same with parts of the new controller which are just too shiny. I've had to resort to this method when playing and when I touch the thing :D

dscn0546u.jpg

I like the beepy noises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Me too.. herself reckons it's going to get irritating after a while.

I don't.

*beep* *beep*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Sold out everywhere here. Sucks having 8-5 job. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Sold out everywhere here. Sucks having 8-5 job. :(

" Pre Order "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

" Pre Order "

Bit late now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Just get it in Argos they hve loads of them for €240!!

reserved mine online just now.

collecting it in the morning!

Advertisement