Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

just bit the bullet there.

No more rrod for me, a nice new slim

Xtravision - slim console + hdmi cable + any game (got alan wake) for 265 not too bad a deal considering the game is 50 and a cable is 10-15quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

heeey i got it in xtra vision too, dont think many people took this route

i only got it there cause it was the sunday after it was released, and i cudnt play guitar and was super bored... got to the store at 9:45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Going to go with this I think, whats the best option for trading in an elite ? Mines died 2 twice, and its 3 years are nearly up so I think the smart money is on trading to a new 360 rather than staring at some lump of coal a few months down the line. Whos got the best deal on this, and do they take the wireless adapter as well ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

got one in gamestop for €260 with Red dead redemption good deal. also get fifa11 for €25 if you pre-order :)

the new S is NOT whisper quiet tho. quite audible, yes less than my old one but I can still hear it whirring away :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Just a quick question for everyone complaining about noise...when someone whispers to you, can you not hear them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Dunno, no one has tried it since I got the new one! we've all been constantly shouting over each other to drown out the noise! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

niallon wrote: »
    Just a quick question for everyone complaining about noise...when someone whispers to you, can you not hear them?

When my granny whispers at me, I can hear her from miles away. But I wouldn't call er "whisper quiet" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

So have sold (or well it'll be gone this evening) my old halo 3 xbox and getting myself a shiny 360 slim.

The deal i'm looking at is in gamestop, 270 for a console, a few games and 2 controllers. Gonna trade in my copy of forza 3 as well as its included in the pack to get a few extra squidoodles off. Anyone know of any better/similar deals going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

HMV on Henry Street have a pretty good deal going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

ph3n0m666 wrote: »
    HMV on Henry Street have a pretty good deal going

Details...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

They're giving away free puppies with each new console

oooooh!! I sure hope there cute ones.

Checked out HMV in Sligo and their deals were fairly crap, 280 for console , crackdown 2 and either alan wake or something else, or same price (i think) for play and charge kit and data transfer cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thinking about getting one soon as well. Can you use any HDMI cable or do you need to purchase some sort of proprietary cable seperate? Also can the xbox be used as a media center if I transfer video files to it over wireless or even just plug in a USB stick/portable hd?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Thinking about getting one soon as well. Can you use any HDMI cable or do you need to purchase some sort of proprietary cable seperate? Also can the xbox be used as a media center if I transfer video files to it over wireless or even just plug in a USB stick/portable hd?

Yes and Yes.

Any HDMI cable work and buy the cheapest you can get - no difference whatsoever between a 2 euro cable and a 200 euro cable as it's a digital signal and therefore not subject to interference or signal degradation as it's based on voltage, not frequency.

And the xbox is a fantastic media centre and can stream from another PC in the house or any drive connected via USB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Any hdmi cable is fine, and yes you can set up a wireless media centres .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just wondering if any people have hadany difficulty getting the wi-fi to work? I have a netopia router and use a wired ethernaet cable and it works perfectly, so I'd imagine it should be ok. (haven gotten a slim yet)

No problems using the wifi, very easy to connect, if you connect a cable it overrides the wifi connection but it will tell you in the network settings.

Love this thing though, so quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Anyone having any issues with their Slim freezing on them when choosing menu options in game or on the main menu

Playing games it is fine and I am happy with it because it is so much quieter than the old one but it is a bit of a niggle when you pauses the game and it takes ages to select something or when chosing which hard drive to save too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

thinking about trading in my own console for one of these 2 quick questions
    1 my tv only has one hdmi port and i already have shy hd attached. at moment i am connecting x box using the five colured cables at side of tv . i think i am getting hd of 720. so what cable comes with new one ??

2. game want me to include hard drive when trading but all my data will be on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

km79 wrote: »
    1 my tv only has one hdmi port and i already have shy hd attached. at moment i am connecting x box using the five colured cables at side of tv . i think i am getting hd of 720. so what cable comes with new one ??

2. game want me to include hard drive when trading but all my data will be on it??
    its just scart standard def cable! my tv only had 1 hdmi port and i sorted it by buying a hdmi splitter box and an extra 2 cables you will need for this to work..

aldi sell a tevion hdmi splitter box for 11.99 great value as it works no problems. look around for cheaper hdmi cables as all do same jobs for the 360. get to any aldi quick and pick one up as otherwise youl be spending 30 quid or so for one that imo wont work as well!!

you will get the full 1080 from a hdmi cable so i recommend fully!!

gamestop are transferring old data from old consoles to new so i suggest buying in gamestop as game arent very helpful

hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

km79 wrote: »

It is HDMI but I think it still has the same port for your AV cables

Someone else might give you a more definitive answer

You can copy all your saves and profiles onto an extrnal hard drive and import them back onto the new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It is HDMI but I think it still has the same port for your AV cables

Someone else might give you a more definitive answer

You can copy all your saves and profiles onto an extrnal hard drive and import them back onto the new one
    720 isnt really what i would expect to call hi def though he will need a hdmi cable to get the xbox to reach its full potential

Advertisement